• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Indeed he would. XD Skye's battle shouldn't be much longer though. Just be careful, Ciel has a grumpy Zorua next to him.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Alright. Later then sis. XD

Also, I'm trying to decide whether I want to make Quin get into anymore trouble with his peers or not. He already got stomped once. XD

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
I think it's a little funny how worked up everyone's getting over what Nick did to Valorie, I feel like I just killed her parents or something. XD

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
While there is an Eggs 101 course, Yellow pointed out to me that it's more about raising and hatching them. Therefore, would anyone take offense if I made a character that's more about the ins and outs of breeding? Egg groups, egg moves, chain breeding, nature/IV passing, things of that nature. The downside, of course, is that spending so much of your life dedicated to studying what essentially amounts to sex (even though it's never really expounded upon in the games, and even outright subverted in the HGSS Arceus event) leads you to feel comfortable with talking freely about such things, which might cause rumors to start spreading about various sorts of perversion...which may or may not be true.

I know Yellow's cool with it, but I was wondering how other people would feel about such a character. If there's sufficient uproar, I'll soften his edges somewhat.

Edit: Also, Darkgoalie, the process is simple enough that I've managed to program both the HP and stat calculation formulas into my old TI-83 Plus. Gen 1 and Gen 2 used a different formula from what I know, though. The main rule is that after any step, if you end up with a decimal, drop the decimal part before continuing. (HP uses a different equation than the other stats, so I'll cover that one second.)

For both these formulas, you'll need to know the Pokemon's base value for that stat, its level, the number of EVs invested, and the IV it has for that stat. Call them B, L, E and I for ease of use.

First, the stat calculation:
1. Divide E by 4.
2. Add to this value I, then add B, then add B again.
3. Divide L by 100 (just move the decimal point over 2 places to the left), then multiply this by your running total.
4. Add 5.
5. If your Pokemon has a Nature that affects the chosen stat, multiply your running total by 1.1 for a boosting nature and 0.9 for a hindering nature.

For HP, since there is no nature boost/hindrance, the process is a little different. Steps 1, 2 and 3 are as before, but the last two steps are as follows:

4. Add the Pokemon's level.
5. Add 10.

In the case of Choice items being held or ability-granted stat boosts, apply the appropriate modifier to the appropriate stat. Thus, a level 100 Azumarill running an attack-boosting nature such as Adamant, maximum investment in the Attack stat, a 31 IV in Attack and the ability Huge Power (doubles attack) when holding a Choice Band (1.5x to attack stat, first move used is only one that can be used until called back) packs a spine-tingling 654 Attack behind that STAB Aqua Jet. There are ways to get the attack stat even higher (Guts Heracross holding Toxic Orb using Swords Dance on his initial turn reaches a staggering 1049 attack!), but they're progressively riskier.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hi law! That would be awesome. :D They can help Ciel... and scar him. XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I totally look forward to your app. There are plenty of teacher spots left open, so there's no rush. C=

ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm going to be moving forward with the field trip in my next post guys. That means you should totally pay attention to my posts now because they're going to be at least partially relevant to everyone. |D I know we slowed down for a bit because college really screwed with SelenaStar's ability to play so many character's at once, but now we're moving again.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
You'll be able to keep battling at your own volition. In fact... the next part of the field trip is just more battles, only they're a lot more significant than the ones we're having now. Y'know? After that, we'll truly move on and it will be time to stop battling.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
But, the only pokemon Bri has with him that hasn't fainted is Bouncy. And he hasn't been able to find a healing station. *Sadface.* Not that he's been looking, of course. Unless someone flat out tells him, he's not going to know there are any there. XD

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Also, Darkgoalie, the process is simple enough that I've managed to program both the HP and stat calculation formulas into my old TI-83 Plus. Gen 1 and Gen 2 used a different formula from what I know, though. The main rule is that after any step, if you end up with a decimal, drop the decimal part before continuing. (HP uses a different equation than the other stats, so I'll cover that one second.)

For both these formulas, you'll need to know the Pokemon's base value for that stat, its level, the number of EVs invested, and the IV it has for that stat. Call them B, L, E and I for ease of use.

First, the stat calculation:
1. Divide E by 4.
2. Add to this value I, then add B, then add B again.
3. Divide L by 100 (just move the decimal point over 2 places to the left), then multiply this by your running total.
4. Add 5.
5. If your Pokemon has a Nature that affects the chosen stat, multiply your running total by 1.1 for a boosting nature and 0.9 for a hindering nature.

For HP, since there is no nature boost/hindrance, the process is a little different. Steps 1, 2 and 3 are as before, but the last two steps are as follows:

4. Add the Pokemon's level.
5. Add 10.

In the case of Choice items being held or ability-granted stat boosts, apply the appropriate modifier to the appropriate stat. Thus, a level 100 Azumarill running an attack-boosting nature such as Adamant, maximum investment in the Attack stat, a 31 IV in Attack and the ability Huge Power (doubles attack) when holding a Choice Band (1.5x to attack stat, first move used is only one that can be used until called back) packs a spine-tingling 654 Attack behind that STAB Aqua Jet. There are ways to get the attack stat even higher (Guts Heracross holding Toxic Orb using Swords Dance on his initial turn reaches a staggering 1049 attack!), but they're progressively riskier.

Wow thank you anyway, but i did learn it sometime ago, but i never took it off my Signature. Although still 1049 Attack!!! You could destroy a Shuckle in one hit with that kind of power

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Okay who wants to face my OC Cameron Odell in battle? XD I'm very indecisive.

Edit: Never mind I've gotten someone to fight him. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back