• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
what if shuckle gets an evolution then you could give shuckle the eviolite and it will be annoying to take out

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
I want a new evolution for this bad boy:

Spr_4d_262.png

Literally, I will have a reason to love him and not be judged. He's too weak and needs some love, and what better way than a freaking awesome dark-evo for him? Please, I'd love to hear your arguments.
Actually, I wish this pokemon had an evolution,too.Maybe it could evolve into a giant wolf, or a werewolf, possibly.Maybe if it leveled up during the night holding a (put dark item here), it would evolve.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
for some reason I'd like to see a Mr. Mime Evolution. a tentacool pre-evolution. an aerodactyle pre-evo. jynx evolution. heracross evo and pre evo. pinsir evo and pre evo.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Pinsir and heracross may get pre evo, bt if they get evo, they would become overpowered. They already have gud stat distributn...

Years
Pre evolution for lapras would be awesome i agree, also some other old pre evolutions would be awesome, back for the original fans

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
I can't wait for the new generation of Pokemon. As we probably all guess, this generation will take place in a European place, as shown in the trailer, so the Pokemon would therefore most likely be dominantly influenced by the surrounding environment.
As for Pokemon I would like to see Evolutions or Pre-Evolutions of, I have a few.
Sylveon is confirmed, so there goes my Eevee Evolution I would have put down.
Pre-Evolution-Druddigon, Throh, Sawk, Kangaskhan & more.
As for evolution, these are some of the ones that should evolve further-
Tangrowth, Arcanine, Druddigon, Beartic, Steelix & more.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
As for evolution, these are some of the ones that should evolve further-
Tangrowth, Arcanine, Druddigon, Beartic, Steelix & more.

Beartic and Druddigon could get an evolution imo, but Tangrowth doesn't need one due to its base stats of 535. Arcanine DEFINITELY doesn't need an evo, it has a base stat total of 555, obviously doesn't need an evo.

Years
Tangrowth and Steelix should never get an evolution...Unless you create a specific metagame tier for them which ban all physical moves.

Here are my suggestions: Carnivine, Heatmor, Mightyena, Seviper <3, Zangoose, Octillery, Maractus, Farfetch'd, Magcargo, Arbok, Seaking, Lumineon and Chimecho.

Last edited:

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
Ooh, maybe a Skarmory pre-evolution?
Or a Castform evolution(imagine that!)?
Chimecho evolution?
Sableye evolution?
Rhyhorn pre-evolution?
So many questions...
sableye_evolution__carneleye_by_ep1cshad0w-d36blva.png

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Beartic and Druddigon could get an evolution imo, but Tangrowth doesn't need one due to its base stats of 535. Arcanine DEFINITELY doesn't need an evo, it has a base stat total of 555, obviously doesn't need an evo.

But Beartic and Druddigon don't need evolutions, because they're already decent and have base stats over 465 (Beartic has Bulk Up and Aqua Jet, and Druddigon has Glare and Sucker Punch). Druddigon is more likely to gain a pre-evo though.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm willing to jump onto the bandwagon of rumors speculating that Sableye might be given a new evolution. The little guy certainty deserves one.

I agree. :( Maybe a middle evolution between the two could be viable, though?
I don't see how that would work though. If Riolu can already evolve into Lucario without a middle stage, why add one? It wouldn't make sense if they did that. If anything, a split evolution would be more likely, but I don't see them doing that.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm willing to jump onto the bandwagon of rumors speculating that Sableye might be given a new evolution. The little guy certainty deserves one.

I know this has been mentioned before, but if we're giving Sabeleye an evolution I totally support giving Mawile one as well. It makes sense they're a pair essentially, being version exclusives found in Granite Cave. It'd be cool to have them as version exclusives again, and have their evolutions present in each one too!

Guy

just a guy
Years
I wouldn't have anything against that! :3 As long as it's still slow...though my concerns with a Kingler evolution lie within its extremely high Attack/Defense stat, and having that strengthened would be quite the double-edged sword. On one hand, if used by the proper player, it could tank a ton of physical blows and hit back hard. On the other hand, it'll be a complete pain to fight against, but then again, it is still slow...
Counter it with a super effective special sweeper and you should be alright. Of course, if you can't OHK it, then you better hope you can stand up against its heavy attack power too. I don't know where I stand on Kingler getting an evolution. While I love the idea of it becoming Water/Steel, I don't know if it needs one. I guess you could say I'm indifferent. Either way wouldn't bother me though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I know this has been mentioned before, but if we're giving Sabeleye an evolution I totally support giving Mawile one as well. It makes sense they're a pair essentially, being version exclusives found in Granite Cave. It'd be cool to have them as version exclusives again, and have their evolutions present in each one too!

Most pairs don't get evolutions at the same time though. I mean a lot of pairs were broken in Gen 2 and 4 because their opposite got an evolution and they didn't.

Also saw something about Aerodactyl. Very little chance of him getting a Pre-Evo. 5 Generations have passed and he comes straight from the fossil himself. I can only see him getting an evolution not to completely destroy coding already set cause why would the evolution come from the fossil if he has a form before.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Most pairs don't get evolutions at the same time though. I mean a lot of pairs were broken in Gen 2 and 4 because their opposite got an evolution and they didn't.

maybe the broken ones just get more attention than the ones kept?

Lets see,
duos broken by new stages:
-no Bellossom for Vitreebel
-no Kingdra for Seaking
-no Scizor for Pinsir (but Heracross as an even closer relative so dunno)
-No Skarmtyke
-No Dusknoir for Banette

both gaining stages:
-Cleffa/Igglybuff
-Hitmons relation strengthened by making them one family
-Electivire/Magmortar, twice
-eeveelutions, several times
but there is also those who weren't clearly duos, but were made obvious by gaining new stages:
-Bonsly/MimeJr
-Lickilicky/Tangrowth
-Honchkrow/Mismagius
-Gliscor/Weavile

but the interesting thing to note here is that we havent seen a broken duo get fixed yet afterwards, except for getting a new replacement (Heracross)

I wish they would show us its possible at least and fix one of them.
Skarmory baby and Banette-evo please ):

Also saw something about Aerodactyl. Very little chance of him getting a Pre-Evo. 5 Generations have passed and he comes straight from the fossil himself. I can only see him getting an evolution not to completely destroy coding already set cause why would the evolution come from the fossil if he has a form before.

Eh it could be excused as any other post-gen2 baby pokemon. A special fossil insence discovered which allows for them to breed weaker forms.

All fossils having 2 stages would be boring tho...unless they introduce a new mono-stage or 3-stage one of course...heck a fossil+pseudolegend would be awesome /off-topic lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
both gaining stages:
-Cleffa/Igglybuff
-Hitmons relation strengthened by making them one family
-Electivire/Magmortar, twice
-eeveelutions, several times
but there is also those who weren't clearly duos, but were made obvious by gaining new stages:
-Bonsly/MimeJr
-Lickilicky/Tangrowth
-Honchkrow/Mismagius
-Gliscor/Weavile

but the interesting thing to note here is that we havent seen a broken duo get fixed yet afterwards, except for getting a new replacement (Heracross)

I wish they would show us its possible at least and fix one of them.
Skarmory baby and Banette-evo please ):

Electabuzz/Magmar would have gone to the first list as a trio that split up in Gen 4 thanks to gaining evolutions while their third didn't.

Same evolutions aren't pairs.

Cleffa/Igglybuff both go with every other baby that was introduced in Gen 2 with same evolution methods, Pichu, Togepi.

Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime were introduced in different eras. Same as Hera and Pinsir. They can't be pairs. Nothing matches up except for evolution standards but then they can share this with other Pokemon as well. Hardly even qualifies for being able to pair up. As for Hera and Pinsir, they were only paired after Pinsir lost its original pair partner. This to me was just done as an excuse to keep Pinsir paired. Other than that not much is similar.

There isn't much similarity between the last set of pairs either. At least they were introduced in the same generations, but they all hardly qualify as pairs seeing as the two have next to nothing alike.

I don't believe that GF even pairs Pokemon up unless they were designed to play off one another or designed for Tag battles. For the latter that's pretty much just Gen 3 Pokemon.

Back