• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Postgame

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
As a rule of thumb, almost all "first versions" will have a boring as shyt postgame. They tried to change it with Black and White but I must say the postgame for that is still pretty bad... The level difference was so much and there's nothing much of interest (Unova Northeast is pretty boring in BW). BW2 was fairly better.

I did see giant pokemon dolls in the new secret bases though, is that any indication that the Battle Frontier will return?

Years
RSE postgame was kind of bland except for Battle Frontier so i agree

Ruby and Sapphire had extremely short, irrelevant post-games that were a bore to play. Emerald totally changed that though, so I'm hoping the one from Emerald gets remade in ORAS.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Origin release games NEVER have much of a Post Game. Majority of the Post Game development is given to the director's cut or the remakes.

That said people need to stop complaining about lack of post game in origin released games for the generation.

Battle Facility (Not saying Frontier until there is some form of confirmation. Yes there needs to be confirmation.) The token battle facility be it PWT or an update version of the Battle Maison.

Move Tutors

Extended after plot. Remakes tend to have these. Just a little extra.

Non-battle related mini game series. (Sevii Island had the link up games. Emerald and originals had real contests...I haven't see confirmation of real contests and based on what was shown I'm assuming we're getting B/W styled Contests/Musicalthing. HG/SS had the Pokethon. B2W2 had the Pokewood feature. Whatever we're getting seems to be combined with Pokemon Amie.)

Those are the staples. We were already shown new bases with Gym like quality which is nice update. Even brings in features from D/P's secret Bases about collecting flags to improve your base. Even have traps if I saw that correctly.

So far, as I said, I haven't seen the Real contest rear its gorgeous head yet. The original Contest and Secret Bases were Hoenn's ONLY redeeming quality. Right now I'm not happy with the gimmicked Pikachu contest Pokemon Amie extension. I want original contests back not Super Contest dress up appeal or the Musical. They were ok, but the Original Contests were the best.

Couldn't care less about the Battle Frontier. It was boring and uninspiring.

Would love an updated version of the Friend Safari, but Hoenn has a full functioning Safari Zone so I don't see Friend Safari working out too well.

Other than this I don't expect much else.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
@ Khrysta Wow I think your the first person on this thread who has called the (Emerald) Battle Frontier boring...and uninspiring?

Btw BW didn't get contests what we've seen looks like DPPt style aka Super Contests contests.

Also how about the post game in sequels...well then again B2W2 didn't have much of a post game either :/...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Tbh, I kinda want to see the likes of the Musical and PokeStar Studios in ORAS, alongside Contests. Tbh, they should take a break at the battling aspect of the game and focus on the recreational.

Years
I disliked the musical. I hope the dancing is DPP style dancing where we have more control over how well it goes. I would love to have a play section.

I said before maybe the dance section will be Cool only. With tough being Super training/Poketholon like mini games. Cute being a singing contest that could work similar to the DPP dances. Beauty can be modelling, and Smart be a memory game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I disliked the musical. I hope the dancing is DPP style dancing where we have more control over how well it goes. I would love to have a play section.

I said before maybe the dance section will be Cool only. With tough being Super training/Poketholon like mini games. Cute being a singing contest that could work similar to the DPP dances. Beauty can be modelling, and Smart be a memory game.

I'd personally avoid dancing at all cost; have always disliked that sort of stuff, sadly, haha. Everything you're saying here do make sense, though, and would be great if they did turn out to be the case! It'd make Pokémon Contest much more special, and while it would stand out from original games, I don't believe it would actually be a huge deal; I'm sure people would welcome such change, considering how fun they sound.

Years
I'd personally avoid dancing at all cost; have always disliked that sort of stuff, sadly, haha. Everything you're saying here do make sense, though, and would be great if they did turn out to be the case! It'd make Pokémon Contest much more special, and while it would stand out from original games, I don't believe it would actually be a huge deal; I'm sure people would welcome such change, considering how fun they sound.

I'm not a huge fan of dancing (musical especially) either, but corocoro hinted at it with the screenshot of Rock Star Pikachu so sadly I can't leave it out in contest discussion :(

How about the Battle Mansion being added? 'Z' could perhaps get the Hoenn Battle Frontier like how HgSs got the Sinnoh Battle Frontier. Or Z ditches the Mansion all together...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Don't you mean the Battle Maison? Imo I really hope they ditch it. It is utterly useless, and I'm pretty sure everyone forgot about it in XY. I do hope Z will implement the Hoenn Battle Frontier too.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Ugh the Battle Maison. It's essentially a souped down version of the Battle Tower, which was already pretty boring to begin with.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I have yet to try out a huge streak in battle maison too, but Battle Chateau was great for me tho.

Years
Don't you mean the Battle Maison? Imo I really hope they ditch it. It is utterly useless, and I'm pretty sure everyone forgot about it in XY. I do hope Z will implement the Hoenn Battle Frontier too.

Maison means mansion in french hence my english translation :P

I didn't forget about it actually. It was quite fun for what it's worth.
I wonder if it's remix of the HgSs Battle Tower music will also be used for the Hoenn Battle Tower (which is very likely to return seeing how it was all three Gen III Hoenn games).

Back