• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Album Art

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
When it comes to putting album art on iTunes, or whatever service you use for music, do you need to have album art on your songs? Are you an utter perfectionist when it comes to labeling and editing the details of your music?
Does it frustrate you when it someone doesn't care about album art?

Years
Songs without artwork have been my pet peeve since I got my Ipod a couple of years ago.

I've forced many friends to correct their ways since then. It's even worse when people have the artist name and the track title were just the track title is meant to be and then have no artist for the song.

So yes, I am a perfectionist when it comes to artwork in iTunes.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Most of my music isn't even from albums and thus has no associative artwork. Further, I use list view ordered by artist; I'm never going to see album art anyway, so I'd rather not have it taking space on my computer. As for other details, I'm not too bothered as long as I know what the track I'm after is called.

Years
I'm not a perfectionist, but I try to make sure that all my music has the artist, track title, track number, and album art labeled correctly. That's really the limit to what I need to ensure I can find my music whenever I want to. I guess I wouldn't even need the album art, but it's nice to have so that I can know what's playing at a glance.

I don't get frustrated with anyone else's music organization. It's their music and if it works for them then I'm happy for them.

droomph

weeb
Years
I try to have them as big as I can and every detail must be perfect :(

but if i can't find them or if my friends have empty listings I don't care.

Though I hate it when they have a popular song with the wrong name (like OPPA GANAM STYLE i swear it was there on someone's iPhone), I just ask them if they know and move on :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I buy all of my music from iTunes, so it comes with album artwork already there. I think there are only about two albums out of the 270 albums I own that I didn't actually purchase. But I do like to have album artwork on my music. I like having all of my music tagged with the proper artist, song title, track number, feat.'s and so on and so forth.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
YES.

I get really bummed when I see an iTunes on a friend's iPhone or Mac where most of the music has no album art on it. I usually ask them why they don't have them and the typical answer would be "meh, it doesn't matter" or something like that. It matters a lot to me. Not only does it make your iTunes more complete in an aesthetic sense, it makes an album instantly recognizable. Not to mention I love art in general.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hate not having album art. It needs something. If I downloaded a song that didn't come with the album art, I'd hunt it down and add it manually.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
It's funny that an ad came up upon entering the thread about organizing your iTunes playlist with a program called TuneUp.

But anyway, I do have OCD in the sense that I search for the best-quality album covers for every single one of my songs. Not only this, but I make sure that I include all the correct information for each song: artist(s), title, genre(s), composer(s), track number, et cetera. The worst part about this is that I add an em dash and then the year after each song title, so that I can effectively organize all songs in each playlist by release date (earliest to latest).

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Album art can be a very nice bonus if you get it but I don't really mind whether it's there or not. It's not really that big of a deal to me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
When it comes to putting album art on iTunes, or whatever service you use for music, do you need to have album art on your songs? Are you an utter perfectionist when it comes to labeling and editing the details of your music?
Does it frustrate you when it someone doesn't care about album art?
I'm not massively OCD when it comes to things in life. Things can be in a certain order, and numbers don't need to end up in a 0 or a 5 for me not to lose sleep over them. For the most part, I'm relatively amenable to things being slightly out of whack.

But all of that goes completely out of the window when it comes to album art on iTunes. I'm the biggest OCD-phile/aholic/whatever the term is when it comes to this. Everything. Needs. To be. CONSISTENT! Everything needs the same album cover, the songs need to have all of the same relevant information in them, and everything just needs to... fit!

Having said that, I'm not too bothered about other people's collections. Mainly because I don't really look at them all that much, but even if I catch a glimpse on the Tube or something, I just don't care. People are different and variety is the spice of life. Not everyone can be as cray-cray as me when it comes to inconsequential stuff like consistency in album art.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I love seeing album arts on my ipod, when a song I have doesn't have the album art in it, I'll search for the album that contains the song, if it doesn't come from an album, then oh well.

I just prefer seeing abum arts on my ipod, it feels more complete.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
If I don't have the album art, then I REALLY have to like it in order for me to track it down and add it manually, otherwise I'm perfectly fine without having it. I'm more of a stickler for the actual song info. If it's not there then I HAVE to add it or it just feels really incomplete.

Back