• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost | R/S/E] How to change starter Pokémon (with a Hex-Editor)

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010

This is like so gonna help me with my non-glitchy toolbox!
Only downside is its gonna have seperate tools for R/S/E & FR/LG...

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2010
anyone know how to change all of one type of pokemon? for instance if i wanted all poochyenas in the game to be eevees? would be a big help

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
im still kind of confused on how this works

what does this do really im a newb when it comes to rom hacking and sorry for double posting

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 12, 2014
I'm using HexWorkshop and I got a different offset for each pokemon in FireRed.

00169ba2 - Bulbasaur
00169d70 - Squirtle
00169db2 - Charmander

Using Hex not DEC

I'm sure it's probably because my table is set up to show up to 15, but I figured I'd post this to see if it helps anyone.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 27, 2020
I know this is an old post but I really need help! I can't seem to find the 5B1DF8 offset for Pokémon Emerald. I can find a 5B1DF0 offset, but not the —F8 offset. Also, it says that this offset will have 3 2-byte values, which makes sense because hex editors show the values as pairs. But then the list for each Pokémon is a 4-byte value. 0100, I would assume is just 01 as the 2-byte value, but other ones are complicated. Like, what is a 2F01 as a 2-byte value? It's 4 digits long.

Back