• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies (PG+16) OOC

Mira

restless spirit
Years
If I may, I would love to join ^.^

Name: Umi Tohru

Species: Demon

Appearance: Umi can be easily described as a slight wisp of a thing. She stands at a mere 5'2" in height with a tiny waist to match. While her body does have a distinctive feminine shape, it's nothing that would be seen as at all impressive. Her hair is a very light blond color with a gentle wave that reaches halfway down her back, though is typically tucked back in a large silver pin with a blue butterfly on it. Her skin is rather pale, though not to such an extent that would be seen as unnatural. When excited or happy, her cheeks take on a deep rosy flush that makes her look very vibrant and alive. Her face is rather distinctive: heart-shaped with high cheek bones and a little nose that gently points up. Her eyes tip upward at their outer edges, possessing a swirling mixture of sea green and silver. Her teeth are white and perfectly straight, though her canines are slightly more exaggerated than those of most people. Most refer to her as cute little girl.

Her attire is a bit unorthodox for the circumstances she is in. While she is wearing a pair of heavy-duty sneakers that would seem appropriate enough, her pale blue sundress says otherwise. She wears a thin white T-shirt underneath as well as a pair of dark-wash jeans in order to compensate for the rather skimpy garment, but her outfit still doesn't look to be very practical. Her backpack is black and very large, seemingly much too big for a person of Umi's height and apparent weight to carry. She carries it with ease, however, and it holds not only helpful survival equipment, but also a white zip-up sweatshirt for her to wear when it gets too chilly. In the way of jewelry, the only thing that Umi wears is a teardrop shaped pendant of pale blue stone on a thin silver chain around her neck.

Personality: Umi has an incredibly sweet and charming disposition. She is very engaging and attentive in conversation, but she comes off as a bit of a ditz at times. She is very open with information or tips she thinks would be helpful to others and is very eager to do what she can to please. She's a bit of a klutz and is easily embarrassed, profusely apologizing with a red face whenever she accidentally knocks into someone or says something silly. Most of the time she recovers quickly from such events and returns to her cheery self almost immediately afterwards. Almost everyone she encounters finds that she is an amiable person who is a pleasure to have around.

Umi is cunning. She is incredibly resourceful and will do whatever she needs to in order to get whatever is useful, necessary or desirable to her. Though she typically seems to be in a daze or slow to understand, her mind is always moving very quickly to evaluate whatever current situation she is in and how she can manipulate it to her current and future advantage. Survival techniques are no stranger to her and she is easily able to live in situations where she has access to seemingly minimal resources. Her techniques are very underhanded, but she uses them because they work. She is willing to do whatever it takes to come out on top and her philosophy is that the less emotional investment she places in any person she comes in contact with the better.

Element: Water

RP Sample: I haven't RPed much lately, so this is from The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region (the RP that I currently own).
Isabel sat to the side of the area she had instructed all of the Uprising members to congregate at, staring down at an oddly-shaped chip of rock as if it actually mattered. Her thoughts, however, were far away: three years in the past and many miles north. Her fingers grazed lightly across the lumps sewn into her sleeve. One, two, three, four, five… One, two, three, four, five…

The large, comforting eyes of Fay, her Espeon, filled her mind's eye. No matter how much stress Isabel had been dealing with, that Pokemon would always be there to calm her down again. Suddenly, her mind was filled with something different. There was the familiar coat of purple fur, though now punctured in several places and matted with a deep scarlet. The eyes stared vacantly up at Isabel, having been fixed on her as the last trickle of life flowed out of them.

Isabel closed her eyes, snapping them open once more when she saw that doing so only made it worse. She noticed that her breathing had grown ragged and shallow. She took a shaky breath and forced herself to relax, looking over at the duffel bag beside her as she returned to her thoughts. So much had been lost already to PXS. Fay had died trying to protect her, her brother had run away to join their ranks in order to keep his Pokemon, and David…

"Something wrong?"

Isabel visibly jolted at the sudden voice. She managed to keep her eyes fixed firmly down, aware that her face was growing hot after she realized that her eyes had begun to line with moisture. Her lips struggled to form words, though her mind offered nothing coherent to supply them with.

"Chris!!" a loud, obnoxiously bright voice shouted from several feet away.

Audrey, who had apparently thought it was a good idea to continue crouching behind a bush that was much too small to conceal her, sprung out into the open. She skipped/ran toward Chris, though promptly tripped and went sprawling into the dirt, lightup sneakers still flashing.

The shadow of tears disappeared from Isabel's eyes in a single blink.

"No, I'm fine," Isabel said in an artificially clear voice that sounded a little strained even to herself. "Just… tired…"

Isabel looked up, but didn't meet his eyes. If she attempted to do so, there was a good chance that she would lose the feeble composure she had managed to create.

I can't lose him, too… she thought to herself. I couldn't live with myself if he…

That was why she had to be strong. There was no room for error or weakness, and any seed of either had to be promptly unearthed and burned. She had to protect what was left that mattered to her, which also meant freeing the region.

Isabel sighed and looked over at Audrey, who was still lying facedown on the ground. She debated the wisdom of getting up to help the girl to her feet, but figured that it would do everyone a little good to have another moment of peace.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Mira@

Rather surprised that I found myself looking at a new sign up sheet for this rp! Caught me off guard, because I thought I had weeded out all the people with interest in this thing;; You proved me wrong!

In concerns to your characters profile, I could say it's flawless. For future references, I would consider smoothing the topic change a little better. You could have increased the length and flow, but I'm also glad it was straight to the point.

The only thing that's making me lop-sided on accepting, iss that she is a demon. Since you did not mention wings in the profile, I was wondering if you would mind switching to the Human District? If I could get you on there, it would greatly inhance my motivation! xD;;

So, it will be pending for now. Immediate acceptance if she becomes a human. If you are unwilling to change her species, I also have no problem with that. Just PM me and we'll figure something out~!

Paris: Nooo don't kill me off!
Me: I'll kill you off.

Bern: ....I can't die...
Me: Quite right.

Jin: FCVNJYYINFI *Rampages*
Me: I can kill you, most likely.
Fausto: She can take my place... *Suicides*
Me: Hm. I like playing depressive people... You'll stay *Revives*

Nokoto: NOOO OTL 'Crap. I don't have an ally'
Me: It won't matter if you're dead~ *Wink*

~~~~~~~~~~

I'll post Amelia and Bern's posts in the morning. I'm pooped.

Fun Fact: I watch the Alice In Wonderland (Live Action) credits five times before writing more than one post. It refreshes my 'creative mood'.

Years
Me: OMO DON'TKILLPARIS. NUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH.

Xavier: ......*Ducktapes My Mouth* ..........Too loud.....Kill Mrs. 'Im gonna win the games!! 8D'........If not....Can you kill me off? I don't think my mind can handle all these people......

Me: MPBHRUG THG ITHKDIJHK!!

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Skymin@

What do you mean, how does it work? x,D

I like seeing the flowers and the mushrooms blooming and stuff. Very pretty... And don't get me started on the music! Raitan can probably tell you how many times i've watched the movie this week x'D

Raitan@
Xavier, you're not gonna die. *Puts veil around him that allows him NOT to die until the games begin* ... *Sticks out tongue*

I made a compromise with Mira, and if all goes as planned, we will be seeing her again soon ;D Bwahahahah *Chokes*

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Skymin@

What do you mean, how does it work? x,D

I like seeing the flowers and the mushrooms blooming and stuff. Very pretty... And don't get me started on the music! Raitan can probably tell you how many times i've watched the movie this week x'D
Ah! I will search on youtube that credit roll! I have seen the movie, I LOVED the dress designs.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Skymin: It looks like I'm stalking you into a different RP, too @~@ And I almost joined yours as well... Bahaha, you'd get sick of me really quickly x3

Eeveemaster: Wait, so am I joining soon or am I waiting a bit? <.> *easily confused*

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Mira@
Stop stalking Skymin for his awesomeness x'D

Skymin is actually a girl. :x BUT YES INDEEDY, I AM QUITE AWESOME.

MIRA I COULD NEVER BE SICK OF YOU. You should join my roleplay! Though i have one in planning that is, in my opinion, way, WAY more interesting. <:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Skymin: I was confused for a minute about your gender @~@
But yeah, I think I'll just wait for your next one, then x3 I don't want to overwhelm myself too much at once, anyway (plus I hate making SUs ^.^').

I think Umi will make an interesting addition to the cast >:3 She's the only female among the RPers, isn't she? O.o'

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Mira@
Pft, and you say you're easily confused x///D

Hmm... I suppose that's correct!

Male characters:
Kibbles = Shizuka
Umbreon = Raike
Vegeta = Ryuu
Cross = Kaito
Raitan = Xavier
Skymin = Kerin
Myself = Natruo
= Fausto
= Fang
= Venius Cloud

Female Characters:
Mira = Umi
Myself = Bernkastel
= Marisa
= Amelia
= Nokoto
= Paris
= Shiro
= Presia
= Pewita
= Jin

I DID miss someone. Ironic how it's the character i've been roleplaying with Marisa for the past... How many days?

Last edited:
Years
@ Eevee
=w=d
@ Skyis
I KNOW RIGHT!! I AM SO SICK OF 103-105 DEGREE WEATHER!!
@ Skymin
I am deathly afraid of Australia @,@ It's like, the deadliest location in the universe!! *Cowers In America* ;u;

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@ Skymin
I am deathly afraid of Australia @,@ It's like, the deadliest location in the universe!! *Cowers In America* ;u;
It's only dangerous with like snakes ans stuff if you live in like... Alice Springs. I mean there are red back spiders outside probably but you know... You stay away from them and spray the piss out of them with fly spray.

On that note, i've never broken a bone. The worst thing I went to hospital for was when I kicked my foot on dad's engine block and had to have my toe glued haha.

Back