• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket's Disguises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Something I quite noticed... (Everyone should, it's an obvious fact.)

Whenever Musashi joins a contest, she sends out her Pokemon. Do the twerps actually realise that Candy Musalina AND Team Rocket have the same Pokemon? (Musashi sometimes borrows James' Pokemon.) This is so obvious, yet they don't find out until they do something bad, like catching the Pokemon-of-the-day and/or Pikachu, or their covers are blown off... And their outfits are so obvious. But no, the characters do not see through them.

Why can't they have someone that KNOWS who the heck they are, even in their disguises?

(Lock this if someone did this already.)

Last edited:

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
Years
Team Rocket's disguises are simple PATHETIC and OBVIOUS. What's even more stupid is that no one even recognizes them. ............................ Weird and competely PATHETIC!!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
Whenever Musashi joins a contest, she sends out her Pokemon. Do the twerps actually realise that Candy Musalina AND Team Rocket have the same Pokemon?
If Jesselina was two people, it could just be a coincidence she has the smae Pokemon as Team Rocket. But since she's not two people........man, I agree, what's with the kids and the gulibleness? [is that a word?]

SoraNoHana said:
Why can't they have someone that KNOWS who the heck they are, even in their disguises?

Maybe it's because if they did, then Team Rocket would have been out of the show a lot faster? They obviously can't think of better disguises so someone reconizing them would have just have gotten tiring....ironic, they already are.
And besides, apparently the writers NEED Team Rocket, 'cause I'm pretty sure they would have gotten kicked off years ago.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 25, 2017
I have to agree with Charizard EX there, you could notice them from about a mile away that there so obvious!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
They are obcvious, but hey it is a cartoon show, what do you expect? but speaking of team rocket Jessie...do you think she will actually win 5 ribbons to make it to the grand festival?

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2009
The gang always fall for the lame disguises. I was hoping after ten years of being stalked by TR, Ash would see through the disguises or be suspicious whenever they ask to borrow Pikachu for something. But no! He still falls for it. Also, shouldn't Pikachu recognize their scent after being snagged like a million times?

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
Years
To start off, there are ofcourse more than one trainer in the world that owns a Seviper or a Carnivine for that matter...

BUt yeah, Team Rocket disguises are pathetic, DP004 tops them all. It's (suppose to be) for the comic relief I guess. Though, it's not like it is only limited to an anime like Pokemon.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
idontknow.jpg

Are you trying to tell me that this is supposed to be an obvious disguise!? If I hadn't watched until the motto, I'd have thought it was a whole new pair of villians. I'm not surprised the twerps have been fooled over and over again for the past 10 years.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
idontknow.jpg

Are you trying to tell me that this is supposed to be an obvious disguise!? If I hadn't watched until the motto, I'd have thought it was a whole new pair of villians. I'm not surprised the twerps have been fooled over and over again for the past 10 years.

You have got to be kidding me... Do you honestly think that this wasn't obvious?! The Scarlet R of their uniforms are exposed for goodness's sakes!!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years

You're being sarcastic, right? :cheeky:

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
It's classic Clark Kent Syndrome mixed in with the twerps being self-absorbed in what they need to be doing. Although, I don't think Brock has an excuse. Oh wait--he has no eyes, nevermind.

They are obcvious, but hey it is a cartoon show, what do you expect? but speaking of team rocket Jessie...do you think she will actually win 5 ribbons to make it to the grand festival?

I wish she would but I doubt it... :-(

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Jessie already got two ribbons prior to DP102, so...

idontknow.jpg

You're trying to be sarcastic.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
Years
I do agree, after this long, they should be able to see right through Team Rocket.

But.. it's just part of the normal routine of the show...
Twerps doing whatever they're doing with the character of the day..
Team Rocket gets involved somehow wearing their disguises.
Capture Pikachu and put him in something shock proof.
Ash saves Pikachu and uses Thunderbolt.
"Looks like Team Rocket it blasting off again!"

If the writers stopped making them wear disguises, or if Ash and co. found them out right away, they'd probably eventually have to get rid of Team Rocket.
And I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think the show would be right without them.
They're the comic relief. :)

Years
To start off, there are ofcourse more than one trainer in the world that owns a Seviper or a Carnivine for that matter...

BUt yeah, Team Rocket disguises are pathetic, DP004 tops them all. It's (suppose to be) for the comic relief I guess. Though, it's not like it is only limited to an anime like Pokemon.

Thank you.

In the show's defense, it's supposed to be dramatic irony, since the audience immediates suspects, "oh, let's see how far they fool the kids." Off and on, I don't mind. However, whenever you do it far too many times, then it gets stale. Then, you go with the creativity of said disguises.

And I'll go with whatever Heidi said.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I do agree, after this long, they should be able to see right through Team Rocket.

But.. it's just part of the normal routine of the show...
Twerps doing whatever they're doing with the character of the day..
Team Rocket gets involved somehow wearing their disguises.
Capture Pikachu and put him in something shock proof.
Ash saves Pikachu and uses Thunderbolt.
"Looks like Team Rocket it blasting off again!"

If the writers stopped making them wear disguises, or if Ash and co. found them out right away, they'd probably eventually have to get rid of Team Rocket.
And I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think the show would be right without them.
They're the comic relief. :)

You know, There ARE other ways for them to try and trick Ash and Co. WITHOUT disguises (especially since the disguises are pretty flimsy anyways).

I mean, the writers could have just as easily have them do what they did in the first season (like plant booby traps.), and if they are disguised well enough, they would also catch them completely by surprise. And, assuming they didn't show TR laying the trap beforehand, maybe even catch the Audience Members by surprise as well. Also, as long as Team Rocket is perfectly disguised (as in, their features are barely recognizable, such as when Jessie disguised herself like a hindu traveless, or if they change their clothes, haircolor/style, have Meowth's features disguised as well, ect. ect.), then the main characters being fooled by them is all right.

I mean, sure they are comic relief, but the thing is, there isn't really any tension beforehand for the comic relief to be needed.

Also, dramatic irony usually involves characters meeting a character they haven't met yet, or at least, doesn't make their motives known first glance. however, JJM's disguises are something else entirely as they are recognizable to even a two year old with those disguises, and Ash and co. already met them, so their even being fooled by the disguises is a sad jab at their intelligence, thus resulting in the fanbase calling them stupid idiots.

Years
Also, dramatic irony usually involves characters meeting a character they haven't met yet, or at least, doesn't make their motives known first glance. however, JJM's disguises are something else entirely as they are recognizable to even a two year old with those disguises, and Ash and co. already met them, so their even being fooled by the disguises is a sad jab at their intelligence, thus resulting in the fanbase calling them stupid idiots.

True. However, dramatic irony also means the audience may be aware of certain concepts that aren't known to the characters. That was my point, really. And, yes, I agree with your final sentence, as the fanbase loves to project, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back