• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digital Pokemon/anime art =D

~Zero~

Pokemon Roleplayer
Years
Art by ~Zero~ (Please come look :D)

These are all pics I've done using GIMP, using Lineart from my sketchbook. I'm really wanting to get better at this.
These are all OC's of mine. First up is, Ami (Pokemon):
Ami_says_to_do_the_dew_by_LostIn-1.jpg

This took about 5 hours to do, but it was fun. also the first background I've done.
Ami_chan_coloured_by_LostInMacrona.jpg

this took like, 7 hours because I had to redo ALL the lineart on the computer. using a mouse nontheless. lol.
And next is my OC Adria, who I'm using for an original story me and my roommate are working on.
New_Outfit_Coloured_by_LostInMacron.jpg

this was a quick one because I got lucky and my penning was cleaner. took 4 hours.
Oh_Hai__3_colored_by_LostInMacrona.jpg

the very very very first picture I coloured in GIMP. took me 3 hours. I know its not perfect but I like it for a first time thing.
thanks for looking :3

Last edited:

Kathryn.

That shy girl.
Years
All very nice, its good to see a fellow GIMP user.
If i had to make a sugestion i'd use thicker lines for the facial features, if you study anime the lines around the face are always quite bold, and gives the picture a more 'alive' feeling. Well thats just my experience anyway.
Keep up the good work.

~Zero~

Pokemon Roleplayer
Years
All very nice, its good to see a fellow GIMP user.
If i had to make a sugestion i'd use thicker lines for the facial features, if you study anime the lines around the face are always quite bold, and gives the picture a more 'alive' feeling. Well thats just my experience anyway.
Keep up the good work.
Yay! A reply! xD Yeah, I've really gotten into GIMP now. Thank you for the advice though. I'll be sure to take that into mind ^_^

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
I've never used GIMP before, but these look very nice.

You've done a very great job at shading, and the facial features also look very nice. :D

Keep up the good work!

* Can't really critique as I've never tried this before*

~Zero~

Pokemon Roleplayer
Years
I love the 3rd one down, the T-shirt is awsome. :3

Hehe thanks. Its a design i found a long time ago :3

I've never used GIMP before, but these look very nice.

You've done a very great job at shading, and the facial features also look very nice. :D

Keep up the good work!

* Can't really critique as I've never tried this before*
I'm going to try and post more once I get GIMP running again.

Years
You're off to a good start, but again I suggest studying proper human anatomy and structure before attempting to interpret your own style of art. (Try posemaniacs.com). Remember to build up your basic shapes and wireframe structures to perfect the pose, work into the entire piece rather than getting stuck on detail and try to use the pen tool to your advantage to get those clean, crisp lines you so often see in anime and cartoons.

Hope that helps!

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
The third one looks really good. :o
The first one wins because Mountain Dew is my favorite drink.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2009
I really admire your colouring, I think the shading could improve just a bit though. That's all. Keep it up

Back