• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lara

<3
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
Randomly interrupting, but do you guys recommend The Descendants?

Years
Is it getting time for the Oscars already? Sheesh. At least I've seen some of the movies this past year, but I'm sure I'll be going "what movie was that?" to all the nominations.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Er, the Oscars are usually in February (last year was an anomaly due to football playoffs or something) and this year's nominees get announced next week.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Wut. But it wasn't just last year that they were in March, I'm sure in 2010 they were also in March because the ceremony was on like March 8 or 9 or something and Sandra Bullock won the Oscar and then a week later the Jesse James cheating scandal broke.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I'm listing to

Hilltop Hills - I love it (feat. Sia) now which is Austrailan hiphop

thank you for the update

I thought the Oscars were late January, lol. Oh well. This year, I'm going to do all I can to watch the (live) Oscars, because I've missed the last three ceremonys and everyone spoiled who won what awards and all of the 'scandalous' moments of the ceremony :( Does anyone know who is hosting the Ocsars this year? I don't know if the replacement host for Eddie Murphy has been announced yet and I'm too lazy to check, so does anyone mind doing me a favor?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I think the Oscars is the only award show I don't watch. Then again, I don't usually watch award shows for television and movie performances. Unfortunately, I stick towards music award shows - which have all deteriorated over the years. :/

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Dead thread is dead. I doubt my post will change that XD

So, I recently caught up on a half year's worth of the Bleach anime. I don't keep up with the manga, so everything after
Spoiler:
has remained pretty much unspoiled for me. Maybe coming off of the worst filler arc in the series has severely lowered my standards, but...........I have to admit. I think I'm enjoying the Xcution arc more than any arc since the arrival of the Arrancars.

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
The Fullbring arc was a lot more enjoyable in the anime, a few scenes were added and the direction and music were good. I've put the anime on hold (along with Shippuden, Fairy Tail and Pokemon) so I can marathon, it always seems less annoying that way.

As we're talking about "Big 3".... Tsundere Kyuubi....wasn't expecting that.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah, there's been a noticeable increase in animation budget and attention to direction since they got off of the horribad filler arc they were on (though the final episode of that arc did have mindblowing movie-quality animation, I guess as a way to thank people who suffered through the whole thing, hah.) I know Bleach's popularity is slipping pretty badly in Japan, I guess the animators are being optimistic and hoping that higher quality will bring wayward fans back. I hope the gambit works and they don't suddenly go QUALITY on us and farm episodes out to North Korea.

Can't speak on Kyuubi, Naruto's the only one of the big three that I don't keep up with in some form. I have almost a year's worth of One Piece saved up, I guess I should get to that next. They couldn't even muster up good animation for most of Marineford even though it was the most important arc in the series thus far so I lost interest in following it week to week, just stuck with the manga. I've also been meaning to start Toriko and Sket Dance.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I didn't hate that filler before the timeskip, I mean it was generic Bleach filler but was still less of a letdown than the "final"Aizen fight, we all know he'll be back with the series not far past it's half way point.

Only at Thriller Bark in One Piece hence why I didn't comment on it.

Only seen the Gintama x Sket dance crossover, can't say I'm overly eager to start it. I will probably get to Medaka Box next, kind of have to with who's writing it now don't I.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
The last Bleach filler was at least tolerable enough that I didn't drop the show, but I ended up hating Nozomi like deadly poison enough that the whole arc ended up ranking under such hits as Ichigo Protects Loli Oujosama and Vice Captains Bake Cakes With Ghosts. The only word she could apparently say for the first half of the arc was "pervert" and, well, there was the issue of having to look at Kagerouza's hairdo for months on end.

The Aizen fight was monumentally disappointing, but:

Spoiler:

Oh wow, I almost forgot that Medaka Box was coming. Gainax may be a shell of its former glory, but I believe in Nisioisin.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
This year's Oscar host is Billy Crystal. After the Ratner-homophobic snafu, the Academy are trying to have as non-controversial a ceremony as possible, hence Crystal.

Years
LOL at Harlequin and Scarf. I'm sorry, Daniel Craig has annoyed me ever since he first being James Bond and now when I see his face all I can think of it leather and I find that irritating while I'm trying to watch someone act.

Well, he's got a new movie coming out - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which is based on the book of the same name. This is the English version of the movie adaptation.

For those who don't know it, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the first part of the Millennium Trilogy books by Stieg Larsson.

IMO Daniel Craig is OK but I'm not that obsessed with the 007 James Bond series.

Now for music, here's what I'm listening to:

Fade Into Darkness - Avicii

Here's some tragedy for the entertainment world - Etta James died yesterday from leukemia aged 73. An American rhythm and blues legend who will be sadly missed. She was portrayed by Beyonce in the movie Cadillac Records.

RIP Etta James - you will sadly be missed.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
I'm highly unenthused about Billy Crystal being the Oscars host. It's such a blah choice. I loved Anne Hathaway last year, I thought she gave it her all and did amazingly. James Franco on the other hand just stood there looking smug, but oh well. Maybe they'll choose better next year.

Also, I went two nights ago to see The Darkest Hour. I didn't want to see it, I was just going to hang out with a friend, but it actually wasn't quite as terrible as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't terrible.

Years
I'm highly unenthused about Billy Crystal being the Oscars host. It's such a blah choice. I loved Anne Hathaway last year, I thought she gave it her all and did amazingly. James Franco on the other hand just stood there looking smug, but oh well. Maybe they'll choose better next year.

Also, I went two nights ago to see The Darkest Hour. I didn't want to see it, I was just going to hang out with a friend, but it actually wasn't quite as terrible as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't terrible.

Andy, you really love your movies. I'm not that obsessed with them but I've seen the commercial for The Darkest Hour and it looks epic.

Oscars nominations to be announced next week!

I'm listening to this right now, currently my fave song:

Big In Japan - Martin Solveig (feat. Dragonette & Idoling)

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
It really wasn't epic lol, it was entertaining but that's the biggest compliment I can give it.

And yes OSCAR NOMINATIONS! THREE DAYS! Lets hope the nominations are more exciting than the host!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back