• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
Wow... I'm surprised by how much DS Hacking progress we've made over just one summer...

But anyway, these tools are great. They very from an intro editor to a whole text editor! Amazing work!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
I've released a new version of DPP ItemED! Now it's like DPP Attack Editor! It works with NARCs and it's compatible with HG/SS!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi! In these days I've developed a new beta of DS Text Editor, but it makes errors, so I don't make it downloadable. Now I'm returing on programming DS Pokémon Editor, with new hot functions like moveset editor.

Another thing: today I updated DS Trade Editor, now it works with narcs ;)!
You know where to download it!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Beta 0.7 of DS Text Editor has been released!
New functions:
-Case sensitive/unsensitive research
-Added some options
-Simplified some variables
-Check for updates (and auto-update) functions implemented
-Some bugfix
-Other little functions

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Finally a starter editor for Platinum!!! Thank you! Been waiting so long for this.

Unfortunately, If you select an edited Pokemon, your Rival will always pick Turtwig, even if you edit Chimchar's or Turtwig's slot and select that one. All the other starter editors I know of keep the original rival selections based on which slot you choose.

Seems like it could be an easy fix, but what do I know?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Finally a starter editor for Platinum!!! Thank you! Been waiting so long for this.

Unfortunately, If you select an edited Pokemon, your Rival will always pick Turtwig, even if you edit Chimchar's or Turtwig's slot and select that one. All the other starter editors I know of keep the original rival selections based on which slot you choose.

Seems like it could be an easy fix, but what do I know?
Yes, I know. Actually the rival doesn't choose a starter, but it has pre-programmed battles, depending on the chosen starter. I don't know if it exists a battle editor for platinum...

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
What tools are compatible with HG/SS so far? *-*
For now, DPP ItemED, DPP Attack Editor, DS Text Editor are compatible with HG/SS (and DS Palette Editor, which is universal), and now I'm working on DS Pokémon Editor for make it compatible with HG/SS, and also for adding a moveset editor.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi everybody! I'm studying a lot these days, so I'm often absent on this forum. But anyways I managed to make a moveset editor! But it's not complete! I would like to ask if anyone is able to give me the offsets of the TM/HM compatibility, because I haven't got enough time for it (I tried to binary-compare two diamond roms with edited TM/HM (with PPRE you can edit them), but it take too long to find edited offset...).
So is anyone here able to find me the correct offsets? If yes, I'll put him in the credits :).

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Any chance you'll be able to fix the starter editor so that the rival chooses the correct starter instead of always turtwig? Seems like the flags need to changed, maybe?

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2014
It's been a while... any progress?
BTW, if you need a portuguese/spanish translator, I'm here ;)

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2019
Hey, I know basic italian so if you want me to translate the DS Yape into English or any other tools to English, I'd be more than glad to help.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Thanks to all! I've done a very small progress in early october (I've reprogrammed DS Pokémon Editor and I added a move-editor), but now I'm only studying and working during the evening (I need some money), so these weeks I haven't done anything...

I'll return on programming during christmas holiday, when I'll have much more time.

Last edited:

Lifesolstice

Magikarp Tail
Years
Really nice hacking tools! I haven't used them but I definitely will when I decide to hack IV generation games! I especially like: DPP Starter, DS Pokémon Editor, DS Text Editor, ans DPP Attack Editor.
Great Job!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2019
I have a question. I loaded a clean PT rom with your pokemon editor. But every dragon pokemons' egg group is 'human-shape', not 'dragon'. What's wrong?

thizzman

PKMN rom maker and hacker
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2022
Wow I have never thought about hacking ds games.. This is a good idea (:
Ima try this out... Good job!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi everybody (It's been a while since last time I posted, because as I said I had to study for school). Anyway, in July I started programming a new tool, DS PokeHack Studio. After some request from my friends, I programmed DS PokeHack Studio as a stand-alone and cross-platform program (during the year I had to review C++ studies...). For now, DS PokeHack Studio can only modify texts, items, attacks, pokemon's stats, evolutions and movesets (the only new feature compared to the other tools is the moveset editor).
It is compatible with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, in every language (without Japanese).
DS PokeHack Studio is in early development, so it has many bugs. Here I uploaded today's svn build, for people who want to give it a try. The Linux version source code is hosted on Launchpad, for programmers who are interested in it.

Link to SVN version 03082013
Launchpad page

I would like if people who try DSPHS and find some bugs would report it here.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
The tool has worked for adding my pokemon changes so far, and is easy to use!

However, the tab ordering is terrible. That makes changing BSTs a huge pain.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
The tool has worked for adding my pokemon changes so far, and is easy to use!

However, the tab ordering is terrible. That makes changing BSTs a huge pain.

Thank for reporting the issue! I'll try to fix it in the next release :D!

Back