• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Does anyone know how to edit how much money trainers give after you beat them?

Thanks.
I think the game does it automatically but what you could do is use #raw 0x90 (givemoney) or #raw 0x91 (takemoney) to change the amount. However, the normal amount would display at the end of the battle but you would (secretly) get more (or less) money. Keep in mind that I haven't tested this yet.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
script issue...

Spoiler:

text works, but not the givepokemon command. what's wrong? using XSE.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
script issue...

Spoiler:

text works, but not the givepokemon command. what's wrong? using XSE.

Um, Jonny Buzz?
This isn't the script help thread, it's the simple questions thread.
Post this in the script help thread in the scrapbox.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I only got one question answered! I don't mean to spam, but could someone answer these questions:
1. How do I add more maps with EliteMap
2. The Pokescript link is dead in the toolbox. I need a link for the program.
3. Whenever I try to open a script in DiamondCutter, I get the following error message:
Run time error '6'
Subcript out of range
or something like that.
4. You said that the titlescreen is compressed so I can't edit it in TLP. So how do I edit it? I also need the TLP Hex numbers for a LOT of stuff, most importantly these:
Pokemon in-battle picutres
each tileset

Thanks!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
I only got one question answered! I don't mean to spam, but could someone answer these questions:
1. How do I add more maps with EliteMap
3. Whenever I try to open a script in DiamondCutter, I get the following error message:
Run time error '6'
Subcript out of range
or something like that.
4. You said that the titlescreen is compressed so I can't edit it in TLP. So how do I edit it? I also need the TLP Hex numbers for a LOT of stuff, most importantly these:
each tileset

Thanks!
1.- You don't. Use AM
2.- someone else reply this one...
3.- Probably it's a problem with the parameters. Be sure of the number of parameters and its length. (for example, if you use a pointer instead of a byte, you get that error-
4.- Always remember: uncompressed = TLP, tilemolester and similars; compressed: Unlzgba. Pokemons and tilesets are compressed. Actually, you only see overworld sprites, pokemon icons and not much else in uncompressed format.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Sorry if someone thinks I'm spamming when bringing up the same question twice but I need an answer since this is urgent and a day late. When I write a new sprite in B/W 256 mode over the original Male hero sprite of firered seen in the introduction why does the sprite not show een though there was nothing wrong with the Unlz and it reported nothing? Any help is appreciated and thnx in advance to the answerer.

Years
Anyone know if its possible to have more than one grass animation (i.e. one animation for each different tileset with different ground color) :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2008
Well, I`ve downloaded the "pokemon HFD editor" or something like that, its a MSdos
application that its used to edit a lot of things of Pokemon Gold and Silver, The problem
is that i dont know how to use it, when I open it, it says " Write the path and the name of
the rom" and when I write it and press enter, it closes...
Every time I press enter or intro it closes TT_TT
Please can someone tell me how do i use it??

In addition I would like to know if I can add more maps, using Advance Map, for
GBA games, Pokemap or Goldmap, for GB and GBC games, or other map editor.

Sorry if my english is a bit bad, im not English, Im Argentinian n_ñ

Thank you very much!

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Well, I`ve downloaded the "pokemon HFD editor" or something like that, its a MSdos
application that its used to edit a lot of things of Pokemon Gold and Silver, The problem
is that i dont know how to use it, when I open it, it says " Write the path and the name of
the rom" and when I write it and press enter, it closes...
Every time I press enter or intro it closes TT_TT
Please can someone tell me how do i use it??

In addition I would like to know if I can add more maps, using Advance Map, for
GBA games, Pokemap or Goldmap, for GB and GBC games, or other map editor.

Sorry if my english is a bit bad, im not English, Im Argentinian n_ñ

Thank you very much!
Okay, here's what to do with HFD: Put your ROM in the same folder as HFD. Then, when you start it up, use the up and down arrows to select the ROM. It's pretty simple!
Okay, and here are my questions:
1. How do I add more maps with EliteMam? A-Map doesn't work with Windows 98...
3. You said that the titlescreen is compressed so I can't edit it in TLP. So how do I edit it? I also need the TLP Hex numbers for a LOT of stuff, most importantly these:
each tileset
Okay, here's the deal: Isn't Unlz GBA only for the GBA ROM's? If it doesn't work with GS, can you give me a link to a program that does?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Is there a way to add new types with a hex editor? I've looked all around for help on this, but I couldn't find anything. I'd really appreciate the help.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Okay, here's what to do with HFD: Put your ROM in the same folder as HFD. Then, when you start it up, use the up and down arrows to select the ROM. It's pretty simple!
Okay, and here are my questions:
1. How do I add more maps with EliteMam? A-Map doesn't work with Windows 98...
3. You said that the titlescreen is compressed so I can't edit it in TLP. So how do I edit it? I also need the TLP Hex numbers for a LOT of stuff, most importantly these:
each tileset
Okay, here's the deal: Isn't Unlz GBA only for the GBA ROM's? If it doesn't work with GS, can you give me a link to a program that does?

The ones I can answer...
2) http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/index.php?token=downloads is a place you can get PokeScript

3) I think Mean Mr Mustad (aka The Dude) or someone made a patch that makes it so you can just edit the titlescreen in TLP etc

I know for sure you can edit the Pokemon in-battle pictures with AGIXP, Skeetendo made a translation of it to English, but alot of people can't get it working, including me now...

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2008
1. Is it posible to change the main hero to someone else for ex like goku, gohan ect.
2. If yes i would like if i can get some help changing it

thanx in advance

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2008
is there a program like pokepic that fire red can run on?
i need to change around and edit some pics for a hack im working on,
would be of great help thanks;

sorry if its somewhere else already just that ive looked around a bit and havnt found anything.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
pics..?
you mean sprites, right? like trainer sprites and pokemon images?
if so, then use Unlz-GBA.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
1. Hey, I'm using WindHex for my hack of Gold, but I'm not sure how to edit the wild pokemon that appear on a route. GoldMap doesn't help me out on this.
2. How do I edit map links with GoldMap/MegaMap?
3. Is there anyway to 'script' with GS? So how could I make someone come up to you, give you an item, or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back