• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Small Writing Contest!

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
Years
Oh, I suppose I'll enter. :'D I love writing, and I'm always up for a bit of competition. Expect a PM from me soon! ^^

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Yeah, I think I'll try to participate. My friend and I just finished a game we were playing, and it has a time machine in it. :P

Although, does it have to FOCUS on the Pokemon world, or does it just have to have Pokemon in it? Because this is...well, not exactly revolving around Pokemon, but most of the characters are Pokemon. xD

Let me put it this way, if you think it's Pokemon-related enough to be placed in the Pokemon Fanfiction forum, then it's good enough for this competition.

Just one question: up to how much is "short"? Kinda, four-five pages or so? Or we're talking about "short short"?

The length is entirely up to you, but if you're going to make it short, make sure you've got everything you need in that story. Contrarily, if you're going to make it long, make sure you don't bore us judges to death with needless rambling.

ANNOUNCEMENT
Astinus is now a judge. *shock and awe*

Years
The length is entirely up to you, but if you're going to make it short, make sure you've got everything you need in that story. Contrarily, if you're going to make it long, make sure you don't bore us judges to death with needless rambling.

hmm...would almost 10 pages or so (im on page 5 on Microsoft Word, font: Verdana 10, but i know itll turn out to be 8 pages or somthnig) long for this? x3

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Ooh, I'm definitely entering. Expect a PM from me sometime within the next day or two. This will be much more fun than finishing stupid summer homework :D

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I'm definitely entering this! Just a quick question: around how many chapters should we include in our story? Around.

Bay

Years
Gummy, quick question on the judge thing: When you mean best work, you mean your best fanfic work or your best review? Sorry. ^^;

Yeah, thinking of becoming a judge as seeing I haven't been in a writing mood for some time and now I'm on a review and graphics sugar high. :O Also, almost done with the Heart and Soul one shot contest (only got two reviews left), so this shouldn't be too long.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Gummy, quick question on the judge thing: When you mean best work, you mean your best fanfic work or your best review? Sorry. ^^;

I mean your best fanfic. Just wanna make sure you know what good writing is before you start judging it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm definitely entering this! Just a quick question: around how many chapters should we include in our story? Around.
Chapters? Short stories, with the exception of the novella (which can count as a short story split into parts, except they are called "chapters" for the "novel" part of... Forget it), don't tend to have "chapters". They have parts, if the need arises (scene change, time change, point of view change).

Really, people, stop focusing on "How long is too long?" Your story should be as long as it should be. If that means that it's only one/two pages long, then fine. If it's longer, then that's also fine.

Just no fifty-page fics. Bay would probably die if she had to read another one of those again for a contest. X3

Bay

Years
You're right on that, Astinus. XD;

Anyways, send the PM to Gummy, so we'll see how that goes.

*goes back to Ultimate Trivia thread*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
All right I'm gonna enter this. I love a little reason to write a short-story. XD Interesting prompt, too, Gummy!

Gonna get started right away. :3

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I'm making it more interesting for me, by giving myself more prompts as I had previously mentioned in the ffl thread XD

Though time will still be centric.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
I may not care much for the rest of this get-together stuff due to my general shyness and all, but I'm always up for writing things outside my normal fics. I've got my entry started, I just hope I can finish it with the other stuff I have to do this weekend. Namely, my first C++ programming assignment for one of my classes (which I was almost thinking I wouldn't be able to do for a while due to some problems connecting to the school's Solaris servers on which they want us to work), along with work tomorrow and my parents coming to visit Sunday.

Now you said it's fine if we're explicit, right? :D Telling me to mind what I write and make sure it's fit for a forum kids go to...doesn't really mean much to me. <_< I don't think it will be too bad, though. Less gore than other stuff I've written, certainly. My plan is to try to make the violence more aural than I usually manage with my writing, focusing less on the pure visuals.

And, Astinus, if I do manage to finish this in time you'll finally be forced to read one of my stories again. :P Perhaps it'll make you want to read TFCv2 even more, yes? :D

On an unrelated ranty note, why the hell do I always end up with neighbors who like running around drunk in the damn hallway?! And why is it so bad tonight, I thought most people were supposed to leave for the weekend! -_- I'm just glad that since I have a single room I don't have to deal with a roommate and friends running around drunk in the room. Or making out for five hours straight while I'm trying to sleep. Like happened when I did have a roommate back my first year...

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hm. Can i do this in the first person? It would make it a lot better.

Back