• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Moveset Speculations

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
BW2 are sequels and hopefully some Pokemon will be able to learn new moves after 2 years! What Pokemon do you want to learn new moves and what new moves do you want them to learn?

Top of my list is Serperior. It should be able to know Body Slam, Extreme Speed and Psychic. Its current learnset is terribly limited.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'd love to see Azumarill finally learn Ice Punch.
Serperior with Psychic? Mmm, not thanks.
I'd like to see Tepig and his line learn Flame Wheel.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Kyurem gaining Sheer cold at a high level of 80.
I'll also like for Serperior to be able to learn earthquake to take care of it's pesky poison and steel type opponents.

blue

gucci
Years
Doubt it, they never added any new moves to Platinum, Emerald etc and I know they're sequels but I just think it is something that wouldn't really affect the game other than maybe a couple of signature moves for Black/White Kyurem.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They have given new moves to Pokemon before I beleive, besides this is a sequel, they can justify it by saying they discovered that Pokemon can use moves they didn't know they had before like a Serperior with Earthquake.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Move Tutoring moves such as Iron Head, elemental punches, Zen Headbutt etc. I would love for those type of moves to be added. Maybe it'll sharply increase the movepool for those who lack good movesets.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Klinklang is begging for a good moveset, but other than that, I think we good.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
New moves would be great, especially for the starters. Would also be interesting to include more combo moves like the Oaths in double/triple battles.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'd rather if Pokémon were given more moves that they weren't able to learn before than getting new moves itself. Leave that to Generation VI.

The starters are begging for better moves. :[

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Flareon is possibly the worst pokemon to ever have a 130 Attack stat. It is dying for a new moveset. Everyday you don't march with Occupy Game Freak, you are killing a Flareon!

Can you handle that!

Imagine this line up for Flareon.
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Wild Charge

It's better than nothing.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I want Raichu to learn the following moves:

-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-ExtremeSpeed
-Aqua Tail
-Assurance
-Extrasensory

Also I want Blastoise to get Crunch and Shell Smash.

blue

gucci
Years
Oh well they could expand on the movesets of a few of the new Pokémon added to the Pokédex i.e Eevee, Metagross, Mareep etc.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
They'll probably have move tutors. I think that would improve the movepool of Serperior an other similar Pokes.

I hope that Sneasel gains Crunch and Flareon gains Flare Blitz. As part of their level up moves that is.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
Id love to see a 5 move choice system, but I don't thing GAME FREAK can pull there arm out of there you know what so its prob not happinen

Back