• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Game difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I hope this is true and that the Challenge mode isn't just for the World Tournament or something, or that they won't just overlevel the trainers and make you have to grind a lot :c

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I can't believe they added this into a Pokemon game! FINALLY the AI system will be better. I can't wait. <3
I wonder how much better, though. Because I remember Shauntal trying to use Shadow Ball like, fifty times on my Sawbuck before even attempting to use a Fire Blast from her Chandelure. Like, it was ridiculous. xD
So hopefully they made the AI smart enough to just open with a Fire Blast against a Sawsbuck. The level increase isn't too significant, but still somewhat impressive. I'll definitely notice. Plus, it makes it a wee bit harder to become over leveled for the Elite Four. I wonder if it'll be able to be used like some games do. Where you beat the game, and if you start a new one with the old save file, you get the items and whatnot. But, instead of items, all of the Gym Leaders/trainers will have higher level Pokemon and better AI?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm guessing no one has tried doing that yet though. It'll be nice if it'll did it add more to replaying the game than normal.
Hopefully the AI will be like Cynthia (who iirc had the highest AI thus far) or better.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Anyone remember Battle Revolution? That game's AI was brutal...

I agree, that game was brutal. |:

Also, the challenge mode Gym Leader list!

Spoiler:

Bold parts are new stuff.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
Well that's all good, but I'd like to at least be able to re-challenge gym leaders over again. =\

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
apparently challenge mode is only available for jp black 2, ASSIST mode is available for white 2 stead.

to get challenge on white 2 u need to unova link a black 2 first

Years
Do these modes effect your save at all? If so, then I won't be touching these modes at all... I like the concept of this but i'm a bit pissed that to unlock these modes we need to link up with the other version.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I always buy both versions, so having to link up to unlock the challenge mode won't be an issue for me. Neither will beating it to unlock it, since I usually end up restarting my games to do challenges anyway. This definitely sounds like something I'll try, after I beat the game normally of course.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm sad to hear that challenge is only on Black 2... I hope that the mode changes don't require erasing our save file for it to work.

Serebii said:
As the features are part of the Unova Link, you have the ability to send the modes to other players game utilising the game's IR port. As such, if you have a friend that has unlocked them, they can send it to your game so that you can play with them on.

They are activated within the Unova Link menu and will run on the save file until deactivated.

No it doesn't delete your save file. If you use Challenge Mode on yourself the only thing it will effect are the Pokemon Breeders that are rechallengable, the Elite 4 and Champion, and any Trainers or key characters you have not beaten yet. Everyone you are not able to battle will not be able to battle you even with Challenge mode activated so you can't rechallenge the Gyms.

You can however increase the difficulty of another game you own if you wish to play through on a harder difficulty.

I don't know if Challenge/Assist Mode effect World tournament though as those AI's would already be at their highest point I believe.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
the fact that they are adding this now is quite odd .. considering this should have been put in awhile in my opinion considering how so many people play pokemon hardcore and such :P

blue

gucci
Years
They probably had the idea for some time now but wanted to wait for the right time, this is the perfect time and I'm glad they added it! I just hope they continue this for future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back