• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Slightly Refurbished (But Not Finished) Good Times Thread of Drawing! <3

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Haven't posted here much, oops.

Here's a trainer and her Milotic exploring Hoenn's beautiful oceanic landscape! :D
Spoiler:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
How have I not seen this gallery sooner?!? This work is absolutely fantastic! Everything from the colouring, shading all the way down to the human anatomy is perfect. My favourite piece is the Ampharos finding a secret grotto, the shading on that is so beautiful it makes the picture.

Keep updating this whenever you can! It's brilliant. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Isn't his work absolutely darling? So proud. :')

I mean do I really even need to post? Y'already know I worship this art ain't nothing I can say is gonna make that any less true or more obvious. You rock dude. o/ Still one of my faves.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Jeez, I wish I was this good at your age! You've definitely put a lot of effort into it. Your linework is so clean, with masterful weight variance, and somehow manages to be crisp and soft at the same time. Though there is some perspective and proportional hiccups here and there, you seem to have a good grasp of anatomy and volumetric structure. I love the warm, vibrant feel a lot of your palettes have, too. Glad you started posting again, I didn't even know this was here until now! Keep it up! :D

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Isn't his work absolutely darling? So proud. :')

I mean do I really even need to post? Y'already know I worship this art ain't nothing I can say is gonna make that any less true or more obvious. You rock dude. o/ Still one of my faves.

With my not-always-that-great self-confidence, it definitely matters to me!
I'm incredibly happy to get such patronage, thank you very much <3

Jeez, I wish I was this good at your age! You've definitely put a lot of effort into it. Your linework is so clean, with masterful weight variance, and somehow manages to be crisp and soft at the same time. Though there is some perspective and proportional hiccups here and there, you seem to have a good grasp of anatomy and volumetric structure. I love the warm, vibrant feel a lot of your palettes have, too. Glad you started posting again, I didn't even know this was here until now! Keep it up! :D

Oops, someone's noticing my ineptitudes time to work harder on hiding them >u>

I spend a stupid amount of time finely adjusting and transforming my lines, so it's great to know it shows results! It's a great feeling to be complemented on these things by someone who's so patently experienced in the art of visualizing three-dimensional light and structures. :)

What I think I might be the most worried about right now is that my detail perfectionism might take dominance over the picture as a whole, making everything look like neatly sculptured plastic structures in some flat and boring world... I might have to traverse a bit out of my comfort zone with more dynamic posing, perspective and composition :D

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I spend a stupid amount of time finely adjusting and transforming my lines, so it's great to know it shows results! It's a great feeling to be complemented on these things by someone who's so patently experienced in the art of visualizing three-dimensional light and structures. :)

What I think I might be the most worried about right now is that my detail perfectionism might take dominance over the picture as a whole, making everything look like neatly sculptured plastic structures in some flat and boring world... I might have to traverse a bit out of my comfort zone with more dynamic posing, perspective and composition :D

You are quite welcome!

Ah yes, that is a thing that plagues or has plagued just about every artist ever - the focus on detail to the point of forgetting the larger composition. The trick is to work wholistically, roughing out the primary forms and composition first, then secondary details followed by the finest ones. And I still forget the bigger picture a lot myself, particularly with lighting. It helps to zoom out or step back periodically as you work, or another trick if something looks off anatomically or structurally but you can't put your finger on it, mirror the image temporarily and the problems will likely show themselves.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
You are quite welcome!

Ah yes, that is a thing that plagues or has plagued just about every artist ever - the focus on detail to the point of forgetting the larger composition. The trick is to work wholistically, roughing out the primary forms and composition first, then secondary details followed by the finest ones. And I still forget the bigger picture a lot myself, particularly with lighting. It helps to zoom out or step back periodically as you work, or another trick if something looks off anatomically or structurally but you can't put your finger on it, mirror the image temporarily and the problems will likely show themselves.

I do those things already like my life depends on it; still stellar advice though, that text should be slapped onto every single digital art website's header for all to read. :D

Probably going to try to train up my eye for image structure, might start with some thumbnail shots and focus on that and nothing else~

JoeCrux

Illustrator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
Woa you're awesome !

I admire your digital drawing skills, I can't get used to it >.<

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Thank you all. :>

Bear in mind you can never practice too much! This crap takes a serious amount of time.

Also since most things I draw are in sketchbooks/never gets finished, here's something I made just for you, internet.
Spoiler:

Years
Wow, I really really enjoy your art!
You have a great sense for composition and I absolutely adore your backgrounds as well as your colouring :>
These landscape sketches are really good, I'd like to see at least some of them as finished pieces!

Lecture sketches are the best haha

Years
sorry computer spazzed out and posted my reply twice. won't let me delete it either. Could a mod maybe delete this? Sorry for inconveniences.

Last edited:
Back