• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we all equal?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Do you think everyone on earth is equal, no matter what race, religion, sexuality, disability or gender, etc? Why or why not?

Should we all have equal rights too?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
Equality is pointless, its unity we need

everyone has uniqueness which makes everyone different, everyone should get equal treatment, but no one is "equal"

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
race: no, thats why they call it "race." it's a competition.
religion: yes, clearly anyone with a religion is delusional and autistic.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
People should be seen as equal regardless of their race, sexuality or gender. None of these things make a difference on what gives someone their personality and abilities.

It's harder with people that have disabilities, because they are restricted in what they can and can't do, there couldn't be a president with a severe mental disability could there? I don't see it as discrimination if people are denied particular jobs because of a disability, but it really depends on what disability that is. They can't be treated entirely equally in every situation because they don't have equal capabilities.

Many religions actually support the idea that everyone is not equal

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Yes, but I am more equal than you.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
this is gonna turn into a flamefest, look at the arrogant asses already -_-"

Years
Honestly, I'd say we're not equal. Look at those starving people in Africa. No offense to anyone, but they're basically like monkeys. Well, actually, monkeys work better to find food and stuff, so... :x It's not about their race, they just don't seem to function well. I mean it's not like a "LOLOL BLACK PEOPLE ARE LESS IMPORTANT THAN WHITE PEOPLE" thing, I mean, look at Bill Cosby.

Disability obviously makes someone unequal. I mean, a brain-dead person is obviously less able to do stuff than a normal person.

I dunno. I'm gonna stop now before I get into trouble, I'm sure people will take this all the wrong way and be offended >__>

Code

Stealcase
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
No matter gender, color or religion. Everybody has equal rights, but disabled people need more. They're conditions vary so much that it's not good enough to just give all of them the normal rights. They need more special rights. This is not discrimination. It's just that "Disabled" is such a vague description of a condition. An Autistic child and a person in a wheelchair can both be seen as disabled, but they're rights for help and treatment should be different.
I am not trying to offend anyone.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
We are equal but different on several things, and we are unequal on a few things. There are very few qualities in the human being that are absolutely inconsequential. No two people are the exact same, thus they should not be treated the exact same.

Things that are equal but different:
-Gender, race (shouldn't matter, but right now it does), other natural attributes that DO make a difference in the way people view us. Men and women are different, so they deserve to be treated differently, but they are both equal.

Things that should be treated unequally:
-Disabilities, choices we make in life such as religion and weight (to an extent), etc. As far as the disabilities go, we should give them greater treatment but also prohibit them from doing things they obviously cannot do and maybe even some things they COULD do only with great difficulty. Choices are things we can control, so we should be responsible for them and not expect equal treatment. For most of these choices, there are privileges some choices deserve, and there are choices that should lose some opportunities.

Virtually inconsequential attributes:
-Hair color, eye color, things that only very obscure people would freak out over. There is no reason why a blonde should be able to drive and a brunette shouldn't...

Everyone should be allowed the basic rights of life, property, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but anything beyond that is not a human right, thus up to debate and study to see who needs additional privileges and who doesn't. It's not a human right that we have a fire-station, but we have decided that it is for everyone's benefit to have such a station, and we also decided that nobody deserves its service more than anyone else. Driving is not a right: it's a privilege, and some people should not be allowed to drive.

Last edited:

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Symmetrically yes.
Well except the ones born with physical biological disorders.

Everyone else is rated.
Some over-rated others under-rated.
We're living in the wh*re house of comparison~

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I was thinking about this and no. I wish we were though. But some have more than others, and more power so we're not all equal :(

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Do you think everyone on earth is equal, no matter what race, religion, sexuality, disability or gender, etc? Why or why not?

Race, religion, sexuality, gender, yes. In an ideal world, there's no reason for them to be treated better or worse than anybody else. They are each their own people, and unless their religious practices involve harming themselves or others, or something like that, I don't really have an issue with it.

People with certain disabilities should be treated differently, of course. Each according to their needs.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years

Everyone is pretty much equal in regards to race, religion, sexuality, disability, and gender nowadays.

It's wealth vs. poverty that's fueling the intolerance machine nowadays.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
No we are not equal. There is always going to be some sort of discrimantion some where especially in the job industry. For example secrutaries. How many male secrutaries have you seen?

Yes true we all have equal rights but still we are not equal in many ways and have along way to go untill we obtain said "equality". Ok thank you good bye.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
race: no, thats why they call it "race." it's a competition.
religion: yes, clearly anyone with a religion is delusional and autistic.

I can't tell if this person is joking or trolling.
I'll assume joking and say LMAO.

Anyway sadly we are not all equal as things are at the moment, that's why we have to fight for equality.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Do I think so? No. Do I wish so? In many ways, yes.

In saying that, there are many grey areas but I'm going to take this as if we all have a clean slate and no past that could affect our relationship with the legislation. When it comes to the brackets you mentioned ie. religion, race, sexuality etc. I do think that we should all have the same rights. With that said, not every country is alike and some rights may need to be restricted in some countries rather than others. I can't think of an example right off the top of my head but it's well known that not every country has the same laws, and for the reason I have mentioned in the latter
sentence.

I would like to see there being equality among all human beings and thus bringing some sort of a tranquility on this planet, but human kind has been aiming for that for a long time and has failed to make a lot of headway. I can't make a generalization but I could make a hypothesis and say that many, many people only think of themselves therefore a form of equality among all living people is a lot to be desired for. Possibly at the end of the world, we'll all pull together and we'll be saved from our doom, or maybe that's just in the movies.

Years
The world forces inequality on us. We should all be equal in the sense that we all get the same chances and opportunities to make choices. We should also all have basic human rights: food, shelter, safety, and agency (being free to make those choices in the first place).

What's more important is fairness though. Fairness encompasses the good kind of equality (the kind of stuff I mentioned above) without the bad, distopian, you-must-be-like-me kind of equality.

Melody

Banned
Years
In essence, yes we all are equal. WE MUST BE EQUAL!
With that being said, it's true that there ARE indeed different kinds of equality, but everyone should get a fair shot at anything they try and not be discriminated against because of their age, gender, race, religion, sexuality, or disability.

Naturally, people with disabilities should be able to obtain the assistance and understanding that they require to live a normal life, but in no way are they more or less than anyone else. Everyone is equal.

Back