• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Jurassic Stone Version

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Pokémon: Jurassic Stone Version
A dinosaur adventure

Information:
Rom: Pokémon FireRed
Creator: Haz
Language: English​

Story:
Life is starting to get boring in the little seaside town of Seasaur Port and you, as the player, are sick to death of living there when you have huge dreams of following in your hero's footsteps, the one and only Pokémon Champion, Red of Kanto.
So when Professor Rex, the young though pristine expert on the 'DinoPokémon' of the region, offers you a starter Pokémon in exchange that you will travel the region of Sauria and fill up the new and improved Pokédex, you jump at the chance. Of course, there's trouble ahead as Rex's nephew, your rival and longtime neighbour, wants to help (or rather, do it all himself), and is given a Pokémon and Pokédex as well.
It's not going to be an easy journey though. A mysterious gang, known as Team Tyrant, is slowly trying to take over the region, and they are rumoured to be looking for a way to awaken the two sleeping legendarys whom are residing deep in the Legends Islands.
It's not going to be a walk in the park, but you're going to get some help along the way. Old friends... New foes... And the friendly people of the Sauira region are always there to lend you a hand when you need it.
And the real question is... Are you ready for Sauria?​

Features:
* A whole new fakémon dex -- all based on dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures
* New tiles -- hopefully
* A band new, compelling storyline, to keep you entertained during the adventure.
* New maps: Not one bit of Kanto will be seen.
* Manga and (maybe) anime characters. Red will just be one in this hack, and perhaps others as well!​

Not the most exciting features, that are kind of seen everywhere, but hopefully, I've got more planned, but I don't want to say them if I can't get them done.​

Screenshots (or eyecandy):
Spoiler:

Releases:
None at the moment! But when I get the first gym done, I might release a small demo.​

Bugs/ Glitches:
Some scripts are buggy and maps have tile errors, but other the that, none,​

Thanks and Credits:
HackMew, for the awesome tools.
Omega Zerp, for his sexy rom base ;).
And to the great folk here in the Rom Hacking forum, for inspiring me.​

You wanna help out?
Even though I am learning a lot things to help me out with this hack, a hand is appreciated now and then! I'm learning scripting, but it's still my weak point, so if you would like to help, PM me. I do not need mappers or beta testers... yet.
I can sprite (badly), but do not necessarily need a spriter, but if you're interested, PM me as well.​

To-Do List:
* Script Rex-Invite-To-Give-You-Pokémon script
* Finish spriting and insert starters and the five Pokémon for Route One
* Map and finish scripting Lightspine City
* Finish first gym
* RELEASE DEMO​

That's all folks, I hope you like it.​

Last edited:

Pokemonatoms

something...
Years
Really cool i like the dino idea and can you give a list of a few fakemon.......... PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
Really cool i like the dino idea and can you give a list of a few fakemon.......... PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE
^^Cosign, if the pics of the fakemon are awesome then i'd reli get behind this hack. Plus the tileset could use some work. The trees look like huge bushes instead of actually trees to me, and the mountain tileset seems "plastic" if you will.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Mini-Update

A small update here! I've finsihed spriting (rather badly) two out of the three starters!

Grass: Maiabulb (name pending)
Spoiler:

Fire: Flaraptor
Spoiler:

All sprites will probably NOT be in the final game, unless I suddenly improve, but they will be in the demo. Back sprites are being worked on as well. If you would like to assist, PM me.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
A small update here! I've finsihed spriting (rather badly) two out of the three starters!

Grass: Maiabulb (name pending)
Spoiler:

Fire: Flaraptor
Spoiler:

All sprites will probably NOT be in the final game, unless I suddenly improve, but they will be in the demo. Back sprites are being worked on as well. If you would like to assist, PM me.
I like the idea of all dinosaur Pokemon, but from what I've seen so far, they aren't very good. :/ I would like to see more, but atm, I wouldn't play it soley due to that. Who knows, it may turn out like Marble, I don't know.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Soo, will there be fossils in this game, or will you put something else in its place? Or will ya scrap it all together?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Isn't there another prehistoric mon hack?
Anyhow it will be tough to compile a dex based all on dinos and prehistoric creatures

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
i actually don't like the fakemon that much they're alright (better then what i can do) i'm sure that's my rom base in the pic unless you changed ;p if so i'd like you to credit me and the people i credited for it XD

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well, let's see, where do we begin... Um...

The tiles look okay, some odd palettes, but still good.

Those fakemon are very iffy. They don't look like realistic Pokemon at all. Try shadowing, it helps.

Still, it is disappointing to see someone give up, so stick to it! :D

Pokemonatoms

something...
Years
Can i please help you on this hack ???
and your tiles are great so yeah
Please can i help you oh and nice fakemon.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
I like the idea of all dinosaur Pokemon, but from what I've seen so far, they aren't very good. :/ I would like to see more, but atm, I wouldn't play it soley due to that. Who knows, it may turn out like Marble, I don't know.

Thanks for the critisim, and I'm working on the Pokemon :) Just have to become a better spriter

Soo, will there be fossils in this game, or will you put something else in its place? Or will ya scrap it all together?

Not sure yet, but it might be for the original fossil Pokemon

Isn't there another prehistoric mon hack?
Anyhow it will be tough to compile a dex based all on dinos and prehistoric creatures

There's plenty of dinos out there :) And I think there is another dinosaur hack, but it's a free country, as I say

i actually don't like the fakemon that much they're alright (better then what i can do) i'm sure that's my rom base in the pic unless you changed ;p if so i'd like you to credit me and the people i credited for it XD

I'm so sorry, I got it from the Resources Thread :( Consider credit given and many apologies

Dinosaur! (what I've waited for 2 years), good luck on this ;)

Thank you :D

Well, let's see, where do we begin... Um...

The tiles look okay, some odd palettes, but still good.

Those fakemon are very iffy. They don't look like realistic Pokemon at all. Try shadowing, it helps.

Still, it is disappointing to see someone give up, so stick to it! :D

Thank you, I'll work on it

Can i please help you on this hack ???
and your tiles are great so yeah
Please can i help you oh and nice fakemon.

How can you help? I'll need to see some proof of work

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I just want to know, how is the progress going with the mapping?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Though I like the idea of this hack, and my eyes light up at the thought of 150-odd dinosaur Pokémon (God bless the monster obsessions of childhood) I think those sprites need a little more work. Maybe a few of the tiles, too. But the idea, that's the most important and the hardest thing, and I think you might have cracked it. I mean, ya just gotta love dinosaurs, right?

Back