• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
If you were to give a pre-evolution or evolution to any Fire-types, which would it be?
Definitely Torkoal. Its pre-evolved form would be sort of like a mutated Squirtle; instead of having blue body color, it would be red. Plus, its eyes would be smaller, exactly like how Torkoal's are. Numel would be a good option, too. Its pre-evolution would be a baby camel. n_n"

Ooooh, that one for Torkoal is pretty good. I pretty much see a red Squirtle with a dark shell walking on all fours and shooting smoke from it's back. I think that would be pretty good. Numel would make for a cute baby Pokémon.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
If you were to give a pre-evolution or evolution to any Fire-types, which would it be?

I think I would give a pre evo to Ninetales. It would be like an vulpix with 1 tale.

Wicked3DS

Years

I think I would give a pre evo to Ninetales. It would be like an vulpix with 1 tale.

That would be awfully small though, but I'd be curious to see its design.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Name: RoreyG

Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
Charizard (Y) and Infernape

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:
I usually like to battle with Pokemon who hit hard and fast. Most Fire Types fit the bill and I'm glad for it.

Answer to current topic:
I would be really interested in seeing an evolution to Torkoal.

It would remain a pure fire type. It would look like a Volcanic variant of Torterra and have the ability Shell Armor. It's stats will favor Attack, Defense and Special Defense but would be lacking in Speed and Special Attack. Torkoal would evolve in the level 30's. Probably Level 36.

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: RoreyG

Fire-type Partner Pokémon:
Charizard (Y) and Infernape

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:
I usually like to battle with Pokemon who hit hard and fast. Most Fire Types fit the bill and I'm glad for it.

Answer to current topic:
I would be really interested in seeing an evolution to Torkoal.

It would remain a pure fire type. It would look like a Volcanic variant of Torterra and have the ability Shell Armor. It's stats will favor Attack, Defense and Special Defense but would be lacking in Speed and Special Attack. Torkoal would evolve in the level 30's. Probably Level 36.

Welcome! Fire-types do hit hard and fast, which makes them pretty awesome. That evo for Torkoal sounds pretty cool, but don't evos for Pokémon in previous gens evolve by methods other than level up? Like through a move or happiness or some other special way?

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Welcome! Fire-types do hit hard and fast, which makes them pretty awesome. That evo for Torkoal sounds pretty cool, but don't evos for Pokémon in previous gens evolve by methods other than level up? Like through a move or happiness or some other special way?

Most do. In Torkoal's case, I guess it might evolve via level up whilst knowing Eruption or something. Any other ideas on how it might evolve?

Wicked3DS

Years
Most do. In Torkoal's case, I guess it might evolve via level up whilst knowing Eruption or something. Any other ideas on how it might evolve?

Level up by knowing Eruption is probably how I'd do it or while knowing another move (maybe a new move introduced with it?). I think that'd be the way to go.

Wicked3DS

Years
Where'd everyone go? Did all of your fire burn out? Maybe a new topic will light things back up.

What Fire-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We already have mega Blaziken and Charizard, and they both look quite epic. If they were to introduce a mega-evolution for another fire-type, I'd pick Ninetales. I could imagine this Pokémon to be sort of beastly and evil-looking, and its typing would be a combination of fire and dark. Statistically, maybe it could have some boost in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. :]

Wicked3DS

Years
I would love to see a Mega Evolution for Ninetales with better Special Attack. It has a very diverse moveset that can take advantage of it pretty well. Not to mention Ninetales is one of my favorites.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I can see a ninetales. That would be interesting. View attachment 71277 not exactly how I would picture it, but something along the lines of this.
I can kinda see a emboar or magcargo mega evo.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years

Mega Arcanine would look AWESOME. It could have more oriental features to match the Chinese Lion Dog that it's based off of. Since speed and power are it's defining characteristics, It can get Speed boost as well as an increase in its speed, attack and special attacking stats.

Wicked3DS

Years
I'd be interested to see a Mega Magcargo, that sounds like something to get creative with. And I probably should've seen Mega Arcanine coming just cuz it's a fan favorite. I think it would be a good idea just because of the sheer popularity of it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mega Arcanine would be amazing. <3 If it were to exist, this is what I'd want it to look:

mega_arcanine_by_pokeluka-d6hzq21.png

In terms of stats, I would imagine it to have boosted Attack stat. Its fangs seem to be sharper, which would help it deal more damage when attacking with moves like Bite, Fire Fang, and Crunch. :]

Years
Name: IQ178

Fire-type partner Pokemon: Arcanine and Talonflame (Land and air coverage for traveling)

Reasons for liking fire types: I really love the design of many fire-types, I love the color red, I really enjoy the Chinese zodiac theme of the Fire starters.

If I would have a Fire-type team of at least three Pokemon, they would be: Charizard, Arcanine, and Infernape. Charizard would be a Mega Charizard (Y) invested in speed and special attack and it's moves would be Protect, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, and Air Slash(maybe). Arcanine would be defensively invested with the moves Toxic, Flamethrower, Morning Sun, and Extremespeed. Infernape would be an offensive sweeper with Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, and Mach punch. I used this team in Battle Maison Super Singles and got to 40 my first time (I lost because I made a stupid mistake).

My favorite Fire starter: This is hard. It's between Emboar and Infernape. I really love both their designs, but I might have to give it to Infernape because of the Sun Wukong/Son Goku reference.

A Fire-type I'd like to see get a Mega Evolution: Definately Emboar. I really feel that Gamefreak cheated us out of having a really good bulky Fire-type. Instead of giving Emboar an unnecessarily high special attack stat (given it's much greater access to and utilization of physically offensive moves) I think that it should have had better defenses. Seriously, it's defenses are worse than Blazicken and Infernape! Surely 80 and 80 base defense and special defense with 70 base special attack would have been better than 65/65/100. Anyway, I think this should be corrected with a Mega Evolution. Give a significant boost to it's defenses and a slight boost to attack, and maybe give it an ability called Hyperthermia which would decrease damage taken by water-type attacks but increase damage taken by fire-type attacks and allow the Pokemon to be afflicted by burns. Also, give it a sizable increase in weight to give the move Heat Crash more power. Maybe that's a little OP, but I like it.

Wicked3DS

Years
Mega Arcanine would be amazing. <3 If it were to exist, this is what I'd want it to look:

mega_arcanine_by_pokeluka-d6hzq21.png

In terms of stats, I would imagine it to have boosted Attack stat. Its fangs seem to be sharper, which would help it deal more damage when attacking with moves like Bite, Fire Fang, and Crunch. :]

That's really cool. An Arcanine with better Attack would be nice to help with Crunch and Extremespeed.

Name: IQ178

Fire-type partner Pokemon: Arcanine and Talonflame (Land and air coverage for traveling)

Reasons for liking fire types: I really love the design of many fire-types, I love the color red, I really enjoy the Chinese zodiac theme of the Fire starters.

If I would have a Fire-type team of at least three Pokemon, they would be: Charizard, Arcanine, and Infernape. Charizard would be a Mega Charizard (Y) invested in speed and special attack and it's moves would be Protect, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, and Air Slash(maybe). Arcanine would be defensively invested with the moves Toxic, Flamethrower, Morning Sun, and Extremespeed. Infernape would be an offensive sweeper with Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, and Mach punch. I used this team in Battle Maison Super Singles and got to 40 my first time (I lost because I made a stupid mistake).

My favorite Fire starter: This is hard. It's between Emboar and Infernape. I really love both their designs, but I might have to give it to Infernape because of the Sun Wukong/Son Goku reference.

A Fire-type I'd like to see get a Mega Evolution: Definately Emboar. I really feel that Gamefreak cheated us out of having a really good bulky Fire-type. Instead of giving Emboar an unnecessarily high special attack stat (given it's much greater access to and utilization of physically offensive moves) I think that it should have had better defenses. Seriously, it's defenses are worse than Blazicken and Infernape! Surely 80 and 80 base defense and special defense with 70 base special attack would have been better than 65/65/100. Anyway, I think this should be corrected with a Mega Evolution. Give a significant boost to it's defenses and a slight boost to attack, and maybe give it an ability called Hyperthermia which would decrease damage taken by water-type attacks but increase damage taken by fire-type attacks and allow the Pokemon to be afflicted by burns. Also, give it a sizable increase in weight to give the move Heat Crash more power. Maybe that's a little OP, but I like it.

Welcome! I like the team of three, sounds like a winning combo. Hmm, a bulky Fire-type eh? It'd be an interesting concept, but Fire-types typically aren't great for bulk, and I like the idea of Fire-types being attackers.

I would like to see an mega Volarona, think it look a bit like Mothra

Spoiler:

Oooooh, now there's a cool concept. Lace that thing with some fire and that would be a great Pokémon, although a bit scary.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I used to be in another Fire-type club, which has apparently died...so here is my SU!! :D

Name: Zorogami

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Of course Blaziken and Houndoom!! Blaziken is my all-time favorite Pokemon, Houndoom is both a great fire and dark type and a loyal friend

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: In general, i love the design of most Fire types. The red and orange colors, flames everywhere, its awesome! If fire type Pokemon were real, i think they would be really passionate and courageous Pokemon, that would fight for the trainers no matter what. Fire might symbolize destruction, but at the same time fire stands for warmth and life, or at least thats how i like to see it.

Answer to current topic: Since my two favorites already have a mega evolution, id love to see Arcanine and/or Ninetales. Both Pokemon have been around since the very first Gen, and besides some minor changes, they havent gotten any evolutions over the games. I think both Pokemon would have amazing Mega designs, adding some mystical markings to them. I dont think i would change their types around too much, maybe give Ninetails an additional Psychic, or even Fairy type! Mega-Arcanine could receive a new ability called "Engulfing Flames", which boosts Normal Type moves by 30% and makes them a Fire Type Move!!

I cant wait to get accepted into the club and meet all of you nice, fire-pokemon loving people!

Wicked3DS

Years
I used to be in another Fire-type club, which has apparently died...so here is my SU!! :D

Name: Zorogami

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Of course Blaziken and Houndoom!! Blaziken is my all-time favorite Pokemon, Houndoom is both a great fire and dark type and a loyal friend

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: In general, i love the design of most Fire types. The red and orange colors, flames everywhere, its awesome! If fire type Pokemon were real, i think they would be really passionate and courageous Pokemon, that would fight for the trainers no matter what. Fire might symbolize destruction, but at the same time fire stands for warmth and life, or at least thats how i like to see it.

Answer to current topic: Since my two favorites already have a mega evolution, id love to see Arcanine and/or Ninetales. Both Pokemon have been around since the very first Gen, and besides some minor changes, they havent gotten any evolutions over the games. I think both Pokemon would have amazing Mega designs, adding some mystical markings to them. I dont think i would change their types around too much, maybe give Ninetails an additional Psychic, or even Fairy type! Mega-Arcanine could receive a new ability called "Engulfing Flames", which boosts Normal Type moves by 30% and makes them a Fire Type Move!!

I cant wait to get accepted into the club and meet all of you nice, fire-pokemon loving people!

Welcome! Can't argue with Blaziken and Houndoom, they are two of the best Fire-types. It's true, fire can stand for warmth and light as well as destruction, I like that. I think Ninetales should be Fire/Psychic for sure, not so much Fairy, I just don't see it. For Arcanine, Engulfing Flames? That's quite the name for an ability. That would mean STAB Extremespeed with a boost. Sounds awesome, but might be a little bit overpowered. Still very cool though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 24, 2014
Name: andson2016

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokemon: Arcanine DUH!!! Can't Forget Flareon

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: The inner strength that is unleashed from the amazing creatures. The strong bond that I grow with these Pokemon to the point that i can't put the game down. Anticipating every successful battle, taking on every challenge believing in my Pokemon 100%

Answer to current topic: Nine tales would be amazing to see mega

Back