• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shattered - preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
EDIT: PULLED FORWARD TO 12:00! THAT'S IN ABOUT 15 MINS IF YOU'RE IN ANUVVER TIMEZONE!

OK, this is my new fanfic. It's going to be quite long, going the course of a few years. I may even split it into more than one fic. Anyway.

It is the year 2000. Sinnoh is prosperous. The heinous villains known as Team Galactic will not rear their malicious heads for another eight years. Peace reigns. Jubilife City is the largest settlement in the region, and is a major economic and political centre. On the other side of Sinnoh, in the Fight Area, construction has just begun on the largest battling facility the world has ever seen – the Battle Frontier. Snowpoint City in the north and Pastoria City in the south are relatively small towns, waiting for the 2004-2005 immigration influx to swell their populations. In the east, Sunyshore City is a bastion of the arts. Mighty theatres stand next to pristine art galleries and dusty museums. The city, with its golden beaches and cultural history, is a popular tourist destination. Sinnoh is a beautiful place.

Yet amidst all this, a new threat is stirring. Moving just below the surface, always just out of sight, it is coming. It will not reveal itself for some time, but it will come nonetheless. The events of the next few years will determine the fate of Sinnoh.

For better or worse.

~~~~~

This is not intended to be a plot summary. The contents are subject to change.

This fic, unless I update here, will be posted at 2:00 PM, GMT+12 time.

Shattered. The end is coming.

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
:D This looks really exciting.

And even more exciting for me, wondering how it relates to the preview you sent me. :O

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

Years
What preview?

>_>
<_<
>_<

OK, fine, that preview. But don't say it too loud or everyone will want one.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Apocalypse genre, on of my favourite genres (unless I'm mistaken). It looks really exciting can't wait for it.

Wait, wait, I want a preview. XD *jumps up and down excitedly*lulz

Misheard Whisper

Years
Sorry guys, I'm not doing any more previews. You'll have to wait 7 and a half hours till it debuts. And I'm not sure where you got 'apocalypse' from.

Bay

Years
I think I know where they get the "apocalypse" idea from.

Yet amidst all this, a new threat is stirring. Moving just below the surface, always just out of sight, it is coming. It will not reveal itself for some time, but it will come nonetheless. The events of the next few years will determine the fate of Sinnoh.

Shattered. The end is coming.
The bolded parts are probably the reason why the reviewers thought this story will be an apocalypse one.

In any case, looks interesting. I see that you're going to have the events be before the events of the games started. Because you said the story will be in a course of a few years though, maybe those events in your story will lead up to the events happened in the game.

I want to say though the preview is a bit vague on what's going on. I guess part of me would actually like to see some action going on and not just one of those openings that explain what's going on in the world of the story. For the most part, even though that preview is interesting and makes me wonder what's actually going on, it's not the best way to preview a fic as there has been too many previews (at least at Serebii) that does that kind of opening.

Yes, I know you'll say that I'll have to wait until the real story is posted. :x Guess I'll have to wait and see, then.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Well, you only have to wait four two minutes XD

And yes, I see where they're coming from. It's not apocalyptic though, sorry guys. *half of potential readers leave*

This is just meant to get you interested in reading it. It's not really that informative, I guess. This was originally going to be the prologue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back