• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Ooh, I can't wait! I'm loving the addition of Ralts, Cacnea, and Electrike. I'm pretty sure all three will be on my team. XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
This is gonna be pretty God damn awesome. Remind me again whether all the trade based evolution money grab pokemon are now level based or not.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
This is gonna be pretty God damn awesome. Remind me again whether all the trade based evolution money grab pokemon are now level based or not.

They probably will, since I think they were level based in Brown, they probably will in Prism as well (not exactly sure since I never owned a Pokemon with a trade bassed evolution in Brown)

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
I deeply thank you Coolboyman. I have been yearning to have a "Rebirth" for Pokemon Gold.

Do you remember the first time you played Pokemon? I remember the excitement as I embarked on a journey with my Cyndaquil down New Bark Town, not knowing what was going to happen. The Gyms were completely unknown to me. I barely knew half of the Pokedex. Everything was a grand journey into an unknown world filled with Pokemon and Discovery.

Usually you can only experience that once.

But thanks to you CBM, I can experience that once more. The beeping 8-bit tunes that sound totally anew and the old melodies that take us to faraway places. The starter which will slowly become a companion. The rushing nostalgia that almost brings tears to my eyes every time I hear Azalea Town and National Park.

And though you recieved harsh criticism, flamers, and spammers, you perservered. You were able to get past that. It seems like in the end (merely my hypothesis) that you were not making it for the Pokecommunity, your School, Money, or even a single user of the website. No, I believe you made it to make it. To simply feel that satisfaction of a conclusory accomplishment. And that is more amazing than making the game itself.

Your series of games will go down in Pokemon's history as the ones that gave us hope. In midst of the 5th Generation's chaotic unscertainty, you have made a wonderful game which relies entirely on the Pokemon Gold format.

CBM, you are giving several fans of the old games the beautiful gift of a rebirth.

That is something few people can do, and I thank you for it.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

E3DaMeX

^ Amen to that. Couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for all the hard work you've done so far. This game is going to be crazy, fo sho.

Pat Dude

I think, therefore I am.
Years
I deeply thank you Coolboyman. I have been yearning to have a "Rebirth" for Pokemon Gold.

Do you remember the first time you played Pokemon? I remember the excitement as I embarked on a journey with my Cyndaquil down New Bark Town, not knowing what was going to happen. The Gyms were completely unknown to me. I barely knew half of the Pokedex. Everything was a grand journey into an unknown world filled with Pokemon and Discovery.

Usually you can only experience that once.

But thanks to you CBM, I can experience that once more. The beeping 8-bit tunes that sound totally anew and the old melodies that take us to faraway places. The starter which will slowly become a companion. The rushing nostalgia that almost brings tears to my eyes every time I hear Azalea Town and National Park.

And though you recieved harsh criticism, flamers, and spammers, you perservered. You were able to get past that. It seems like in the end (merely my hypothesis) that you were not making it for the Pokecommunity, your School, Money, or even a single user of the website. No, I believe you made it to make it. To simply feel that satisfaction of a conclusory accomplishment. And that is more amazing than making the game itself.

Your series of games will go down in Pokemon's history as the ones that gave us hope. In midst of the 5th Generation's chaotic unscertainty, you have made a wonderful game which relies entirely on the Pokemon Gold format.

CBM, you are giving several fans of the old games the beautiful gift of a rebirth.

That is something few people can do, and I thank you for it.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

I legit teared up man.

Beautiful statement.

hitsu.

♪`ichirin no hana`♫
Years
Heh, if this was a Shiny Gold [Summer 2010 Beta] thread, there'd be +50 pages by now...

Beautiful graphics! Better than any Adv game. Seriously, 8-bit and the colours, purely amazing. Most impressive are probably the mini-games, the new features, and the Brown compatibility!

I was thinking a few days ago "What if you could make a mini board game?". And then, just a few minutes ago, I see your 'Pachisi Board Game' video on Youtube :P Impressive, as always.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I'm looking forward to this. I'll download it when it is ready, and I can get on my computer and load it on my MicroSD to play on my AceKard. I played an earlier beta, but it became lost in my computer's files.
Yeah I play mine on my R4 too :3(I am no noob, its a genuine R4 with wood firmware)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I'm dealing with a really annoying glitch right now so it's not quite ready yet, sorry.

It makes your save file corrupted.

So yeah, hopefully you can understand why I don't want this out yet.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
I'm dealing with a really annoying glitch right now so it's not quite ready yet, sorry.

It makes your save file corrupted.

So yeah, hopefully you can understand why I don't want this out yet.

take a break, if we waited for that long we can wait a couple of weeks more

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Thanks for understanding all.

The 4 Gym beta's basically ready except for that glitch and some other small problems. So once I figure this out I should be able to get this out.

Back