• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I wonder if they could pull of an Ice/Fire type. How would that even work? Freezer burn? The only way I could even see it being possible without being totally out of the question is a pokemon based off an icy volcano. Actually I'm not sure adding the ground super effective, and making rock 4 times effective is worth making fire and steel normally effective.

Well, they pulled off a Bug/Fire type, so anything's possible. Have you played the Ocarina of Time game from the Zelda series? One of the bosses is a combination of fire and ice. It could work but not sure what it'd be or look like. Ice still hasn't been paired up with Normal, Fire, Bug, Poison, Fighting, Steel, Rock and Fairy, so I hope to see some new Ice-types with some type mix-ups too.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Preferred username: Google2.0 /Google
Partner Pokémon: Cloyster
Which Ice-type has the best design? I have to say Lapras.
Favorite Ice-type move: Aurora Beam
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon?
Ice types have always been one of my favorite, they´re beautiful and kinda unique.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Google2.0 /Google
Partner Pokémon: Cloyster
Which Ice-type has the best design? I have to say Lapras.
Favorite Ice-type move: Aurora Beam
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon?
Ice types have always been one of my favorite, they´re beautiful and kinda unique.

Welcome to the club. I see you have picked one of my favorites as your partner. Great choice. Lapras is pretty cool, and based off of the extinct dinosaur known as a plesiosaurus and the Loch Ness monster. Lapras seems to be more gentle and less threatening that what it's based off of. Aurora Beam is a good move, colorful and effective. Ice-types are beautiful for sure, with how they look and how they battle deadly yet gracefully.

Just an FYI for the fans, I have changed the current topic on the original post, so be sure to check it out and answer it if you want.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Preferred username Pokemount
Partner Pokémon Glalie
Answer the current topic If I had an Ice-Type in real life I'd probably pick Snorunt. I think Snorunt is a cute little guy and would be fun to play with. He would know: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Double Team and Protect.
Favorite Ice-type move Ice beam, Ice Shard, Aurora Beam and Blizzard.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? I've always liked how they are one of the few weaknesses to the powerful dragon types. I've also always found them unique since you usually find them in pretty unique places or sometimes towards the end of the games.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username Pokemount
Partner Pokémon Glalie
Answer the current topic If I had an Ice-Type in real life I'd probably pick Snorunt. I think Snorunt is a cute little guy and would be fun to play with. He would know: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Double Team and Protect.
Favorite Ice-type move Ice beam, Ice Shard, Aurora Beam and Blizzard.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? I've always liked how they are one of the few weaknesses to the powerful dragon types. I've also always found them unique since you usually find them in pretty unique places or sometimes towards the end of the games.

Welcome to the club. Glalie scares me, but Snorunt is cute. Good moveset, and those Ice moves are all awesome. I like a little Ice Beam and a Blizzard finish. I didn't get an Ice-type I don't think until I reached Ice Cave in the Crystal version. Such an awesome place with a few Ice-types to capture, like Jynx, Swinub and Sneasel.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Preferred username: Windy
Partner Pokémon: Glaceon
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice Beam.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon?: I like Ice Pokemon because they are so strong, and capable of bringing most Dragon Pokemon down.

If you were to have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?
If I have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, I'd pick Glaceon because it's one nice looking Pokémon, and it's adorable. Its moves will be Ice Beam, Blizzard, Heal Bell and Protect.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Windy
Partner Pokémon: Glaceon
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice Beam.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon?: I like Ice Pokemon because they are so strong, and capable of bringing most Dragon Pokemon down.

If you were to have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?
If I have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, I'd pick Glaceon because it's one nice looking Pokémon, and it's adorable. Its moves will be Ice Beam, Blizzard, Heal Bell and Protect.

Welcome to the club. Glaceon's a great choice, one of my favorite Ice-types, and Ice Beam is a lovely move to us, can't go wrong with a good ol' Ice Beam. Sounds like you'd have a powerful Glaceon with that moveset.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If I was to have a real life Ice Pokémon? Hmm... I think I'd have to go with Cubchoo! It's not based on much more than him being utterly adorable since I love all of the Ice-type Pokémon out there, and my favourites (Regice!) would certainly not make good pets over something like a Cubchoo or Swinub haha. I'd be scared of him evolving so hopefully an Everstone would be easy to come by, but Cubchoo would definitely by my choice. I'd teach him Roar to keep away badies; Powder Snow for some cooling; Tail Whip for the cuteness; and Icicle Crash so he has some attacking power!

Years

I'd have an adorable Swinub, one of the furriest and cutest Ice-types in existence! I'd give it Endure, Ice Shard, Hail and Earthquake. Decent moveset I say, and I'd never want to evolve this cutie ever, EVER!

NintendoFreezey

→ Stay frosty!
Years
Preferred username: Freezey
Partner Pokémon: Vanilluxe
Answer the current topic
If I were to have a ice Pokemon it would be Baivanilla (Vanilluxe) S/he would be a perfect pet and side kick and move set wise (Weather Ball, Hidden Power, Blizzard and Hail)
Favorite Ice-type move Blizzard
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? We are both really really cold and enjoy staying frosty!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Answer the current topic
If I were to have a ice Pokemon it would be Baivanilla (Vanilluxe) S/he would be a perfect pet and side kick and move set wise (Weather Ball, Hidden Power, Blizzard and Hail)
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? We are both really really cold and enjoy staying frosty!

Welcome to the club. Vanilluxe is an interesting choice, and quite a moveset it has there. Just don't eat him/her {XD} Blizzard is probably the best Ice-type move that deals damage, I can't resist using it either. I think part of me also loving Ice-types is because I like the cold too, I always keep the air conditioning in my house on cold and below 70 degrees.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Preferred username: Dark Sneasel
Partner Pokémon: Sneasel
Answer the current topic: I would definately be a Weavile. Ice Shard, Blizzard, X-Scizzor and Shadow Claw! Because Weavile and Sneasel are Awesome!
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice beam
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? They're really cool and awesome offensively and haha screw dragon types

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Dark Sneasel
Partner Pokémon: Sneasel
Answer the current topic: I would definately be a Weavile. Ice Shard, Blizzard, X-Scizzor and Shadow Claw! Because Weavile and Sneasel are Awesome!
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice beam
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? They're really cool and awesome offensively and haha screw dragon types

Welcome to the club. Sneasel is an awesome choice. Was a much sought-after Pokémon when I used to play Pokémon Crystal and Gold and Silver too. That is quite a cool moveset to have as well. Ice Beam is also my second favorite Ice move after Blizzard. All of my Ice-types had to have Ice Beam, it only made sense to. Ice types are good against Grass, Ground, Flying and Dragon-type Pokémon. It's Dragon-types' only weakness outside of the Dragon type itself. Since alot of my opponents had Dragon-types, it only served me well to have Ice-types on my team.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Answer the current topic
I have a question! How come you like Vanilluxe so much? Do you like the rest of the family this much? It just strikes me as such an odd Pokémon to take such a big liking to haha. Does that fact that it's just an ice cream with eyes not bother you? How do you feel about all the constant hate it receives for having such a design? This applies to everyone too - how much do you guys like Vannilluxe?

NintendoFreezey

→ Stay frosty!
Years
I have a question! How come you like Vanilluxe so much? Do you like the rest of the family this much? It just strikes me as such an odd Pokémon to take such a big liking to haha. Does that fact that it's just an ice cream with eyes not bother you? How do you feel about all the constant hate it receives for having such a design? This applies to everyone too - how much do you guys like Vannilluxe?

Vanilluxe is so simple yet so complex, and no I only like Vanilluxe out of the whole trio, Ive even got a candy clay chain of Vanillluxe. He is indeed a ice cream cone with eyes, but look at his moveset and how something so delicious could be so fierce.

To be honest he is my pokemon if they ever make a trainer card of it, It will say Freezey's Vanilluxe
I've always been a odd person mate, And for me Vanilluxe is a odd pokemon loved by some hated by others. We share the outcast complex...

I hope that answers your question and if not feel free to ask more... :)

Years

I love Vanilluxe, in fact the entire Vanillite line in general. They are among my fave Ice-types and I feel sad the poor things get so much hate, especially when you take a look at how impressive their stats are. Vanilluxe has the same base stat total as Lapras, so it's nothing to take a lick at. They also seem to have stats that are well-balanced and don't suck in any particular department. Their movepool may not be the best but it does get Acid Armor to buff its defense against physical attacks (provided they aren't super-effective) and it even gets Mirror Shot and Flash Cannon to counter their Rock weakness. I tried one out and it didn't suck for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back