• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EB

Re: World
Years
So right now I'm at Mahogany town and I still didn't evolve my Nidorino. Where can I find a Moon Stone?

This is for Pokemon Silver, btw.

I know there's one in the Ruins of Alph.

Also I'm pretty sure Clefairy hold them randomly when caught.

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
If memory serves me correctly you can surf right of New Bark town, and go into the falls, go as left as possible (don't need waterfall) and then go up from there, I think you can do this as soon as you have surf.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Speaking of Moon Stones, where are the Moon Stone locations in Green? Or just Gen I, since I doubt they ever moved them. I have two Moon Stone Pokemon on my team currently, so I'll need them sooner or later. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
SO like i neverr playd these gams before so r they good? I only play pokemn Y and black2 so am not sure if these r as good. My frend said that Red sux but blue is wayyy better is he right or is he lying again? PLZ HELP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Pokemon gba lot on ebay is it worth the price??

ebay.com/itm/161227316485?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE I dont want to pay too much but ive been looking for this everywhere, i dont care
For the other games though

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
All those games for $35, even if you don't care about the non-Pokemon ones (but omg some good ones in there tbh), that's very good. Go for it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
I need help with my Crystal. it will only play either on the n64 but wont save and ive already changed the battery. the only other time it works is if i flip the battery making the positive side up. its supposed to be positive down negative up but it wont turn on that way. it wont save on eithr ways i get it to boot up but wont even boot up when i have the battery the right way. please someone help me.

someone please answer me i really wanna play it and the more i try to fix it and the more it doesnt work is making me mad!

Last edited by a moderator:

ashwinte

Where is a good place to buy video games?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Where is a good place to buy video games?

You could try Amazon and eBay if you like. Last time I checked, they did have some these available over there. :) They could be fake, though, so be careful. Even if they are original, their internal batteries could still run dry and whatnot, so try your best to keep yourself prepared. Good luck!

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
For reference, Red/Blue are much more available, and in most cases cheaper than Yellow. If you can get it in the OG box, do it. There's a better chance it's real if it's in the box. Also, if the seller is from China (not being racist, just my past experiece and many others'), be VERY SKEPTICAL of what you're getting, as many fake copies come from the Hong Kong area.

Also, there is no Pokemon Diamond. Avoid it without hesitation.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Eevee we receive from Bill in Pokemon G/S/C is level 20, which means that Flareon's Ember attack is already passed since he learns it at level 16. Is there any easy way for to get a good fire move on Flareon before facing Jasmine's Steelix?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You could try teaching it Fire Blast, which could be found at Goldenrod City Game Corner for approximately 5,500 coins. :] Sounds like a lot, but still worth it, if you ask me. Good luck!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was thinking about buying a foreign (likely Japanese) copy of either Gold, Silver, or Crystal. Since those games are problematic with batteries and would likely need a change, does anyone know if I'd have to order a new battery or could I use the ones that I'd use with an English copy? I doubt the batteries are different because of language, but I'd just like to be double sure. :) Thanks!

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
What would happen if I tried trading a shiny onto Red, Blue or Yellow? Would it just turn into a normal Pokemon, or would it not even let me enter the Time Capsule with a shiny?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
What would happen if I tried trading a shiny onto Red, Blue or Yellow? Would it just turn into a normal Pokemon, or would it not even let me enter the Time Capsule with a shiny?
Trading shinys into Gen 1 is fine, because the shiny status is determined by hidden stats which also exist in Gen 1. It's actually a good way to obtain a shiny Ditto: trade a shiny into Gen 1, find a wild Ditto, let it transform into your shiny and catch it. After that trade this Ditto into a Gen 2 game and it will be shiny.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Yes it's true!

Guys I have a question: I was curious as to what were the rumors when kids played the Gen I games? Things like brick town or missingno. Can someone tell me what were the other rumors?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Wow, there are so many. Here are a few specifically for Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow:

Missingno

Missingo is glitch shared in Pokémon Red , Blue and Yellow. It is a dual-type Bird/Normal glitch. There are actually different forms of missingno. First are the Red and Blue noram forms, whcich look like this:
Missingno_RB.png

Next, is the Y form which is this
Missingno_Y.png

The Y form is dual typed normal/normal.

Missingno also has a Kabutops fossil form, Aerodactyl fossil form and Ghost form. To catch Missigno you must make sure your name is Ash. Talk to the old man in Viridian City, and tell him you are not in a hurry(choose "no"). After, fly to Cinnabar Island and surf along the coastline. You will find a MissingNo or "M". Tbh, it's kind of creepy at first.

Mew is under the Truck
The was probably he most famous rumor on how to get Mew back in the day. Regardless it was only a rumor and did not work. When you're in Vermilion City, you must trade with a friend without talking to the captain of the S.S. Anne, thus preventing the ship from leaving. Continue on with the game until you get HM03 (Surf) and HM04 (Strength). Return to the S.S. Anne and surf to a little area to the right. You will see a truck (this part is true). The speculation is that you'll get Mew if you use Strength to mpve the truck.

Level 49 Magikarp
First, you must put a Magikarp in the daycare without letting it get any experience points or items used on it. Then, run around until it gets to level 49 (this can get annoying). Retrieve the Magikarp from the daycare lady and level it up once more with a Rare Candy. Instead of evolving into Gyarados, it'll evolve into Mew!

Bill' Secret Garden
Supposedly there is a way to get into Bill's "secret" garden. The first thing you have to do is get a starter pokemon play the game until you are allowed to trade, trade that to another game, then repeat to get the other two. Then trade them all back so you have 1 bulbausar, 1 charmander, and 1 squirtle. Then you play the game until you get to the electric plant, stopping those three characters from evolving so they stay in their stage 1. In the electric plant you capture elctrobuzz and go directly to Bill's house and avoid all the trainers and run from all battles. Move Electabuzz to your leader and have the 3 others following and 2 empty spaces.

Then you go into Bill's house and go to the back wall and supposedly hit A and a door appears after a message saying, the wall sounds hollow. Go through the door and Bill's Garden is there with all the charmander's, bulbusar's, and squirtle's you want. Then in the back of the garden there's a rock and when you touch it, mew comes out and attacks you, battle, capture and you have mew. then you have to get out of the garden and save right after you leave Bill's house or mew dies. The ending of this one didn't even make much sense.

Aside that, there are many more rumors from other games such Pokegods, Pikablu, Hidden cities and more. There are always new rumors and creepypastas which enter the Pokemon world on a weekly basis. Many are interesting to read while most are just plain dumb and ridiculous.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Wow i guess there are lots huh? Back when I was a kid I really thought that every pokemon has 2 evolutions since the only pokemons i used in red was limited to nidos, starters, and pidgeys xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 5, 2014
I am considering buying the japanese version of pokemon yellow, but i need help. is it possible to change the settings in the old pokemon yellow to english? somebody please let me know.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I am considering buying the japanese version of pokemon yellow, but i need help. is it possible to change the settings in the old pokemon yellow to english? somebody please let me know.

Nope, I don't think so. :( If you want it to be English, then you'd have to buy yourself an English copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back