• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Where do you catch Weedle in the game?? In Pokemon Silver it was right near Mr.Pokemons house..

You can catch weedle in the bug catching contest. Since this is, in principle, a Gold remake, the pokemon locations, in the main, are the same as in Gold. However, I asked Zel about the pokemon that were more common in or were exclusive to Silver, and he said that he would put them in the same locations as in Silver, but they'd be pretty rare (though not as rare as the hoenn pokes). I can't remember which page he talked about this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Dude Chill............ Im only posting glitches or wierd things that are happening to me as i go along the game.

You know, if you at least READ THE FIRST PAGE, or the first few pages, you would know that the Ilex Forest grass has been noted, and that many people know by now. The game is up to Ice Path, I think at least one person would've already noticed the Ilex Forest in the 104 pages we've had in this game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2008
Hey Zel, Great job man, this is incredible work, it must be exhausting to get all of that detail from rearranging fire red. Anyway, the reason that i am posting is that i recently installed your beta 3, and i am inside the slowpoke well for the first time, and strangely the Rocket fellows aren't attacking me, they won't even lock eyes for battle, if i walk up to the first one near the entrance, he says some gibberish and he leaves me wondering "huh? what was that?", then the second person feeds me continuous gibberish and i can't get out of the loop. here is video clip of the problem i am having, it is really irritating, i will have to load from my last save point to continue, and I can't continue in the storyline if i can't beat the cave. i will reinstall the game, i just felt that you should know about the glitch.

-Jonathan:cool:

edit: darn it, the site won't let me give you a url until a # of posts, here it is, but make sure you get rid of the spaces in between letters. h t t p : / / s 1 0 9 . p h o t o b u c k e t . c o m / a l b u m s / n 5 6 / n a t h o n 2 1 0 / ? a c t i o n = v i e w & c u r r e n t = c l i p 0 0 1 2 . f l v

zak

xpert trainer
Years

Hey Zel, Great job man, this is incredible work, it must be exhausting to get all of that detail from rearranging fire red. Anyway, the reason that i am posting is that i recently installed your beta 3, and i am inside the slowpoke well for the first time, and strangely the Rocket fellows aren't attacking me, they won't even lock eyes for battle, if i walk up to the first one near the entrance, he says some gibberish and he leaves me wondering "huh? what was that?", then the second person feeds me continuous gibberish and i can't get out of the loop. here is video clip of the problem i am having, it is really irritating, i will have to load from my last save point to continue, and I can't continue in the storyline if i can't beat the cave. i will reinstall the game, i just felt that you should know about the glitch.

edit: darn it, the site won't let me give you a url until a # of posts, here it is, but make sure you get rid of the spaces in between letters. h t t p : / / s 1 0 9 . p h o t o b u c k e t . c o m / a l b u m s / n 5 6 / n a t h o n 2 1 0 / ? a c t i o n = v i e w & c u r r e n t = c l i p 0 0 1 2 . f l v

yea, i got that aswell , but i just went to the last guy and he battled me,

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022

We know. It's nothing new. Read the first post it lists all the bugs. Thank you have a nice day.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
hey zel, just an idea, but can you add some double battles with you and carlos and then maybe silver and ashlee? that'd be cool. Just an idea, maybe like in the entrance of mt silver or somethin cause they are all tryin to get in to battle red. It'd be a good warm up.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
hey zel, just an idea, but can you add some double battles with you and carlos and then maybe silver and ashlee? that'd be cool. Just an idea, maybe like in the entrance of mt silver or somethin cause they are all tryin to get in to battle red. It'd be a good warm up.

OMG that's such a good idea! PLEASE ZEL!

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2008
Just something I noticed while playing the game earlier today (glitch):

In the slowpoke well in Azalea Town, the rockets don't battle you and when you go to speak to them there's all this messed up text. You can only battle the last one, and after you beat him the game freezes for a few seconds before the man comes to talk to you.

I couldn't find this on the front page, so I thought I'd point it out. I'm enjoying it so far though.

Chaotix

Love to test
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 11, 2020
when i started shiny gold i fought carlos like normal... but his pokemon werent normal... i wasnt playing SGX.

carlos had a lvl 20 nosepass, lvl 2 squirtle, lvl 9 spearow, and 3 other things that i cant remeber... anyone know why that happened?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
when i started shiny gold i fought carlos like normal... but his pokemon werent normal... i wasnt playing SGX.

carlos had a lvl 20 nosepass, lvl 2 squirtle, lvl 9 spearow, and 3 other things that i cant remeber... anyone know why that happened?

Now there's something new. Are you sure you patched a FireRed ROM? And was it a clean FireRed ROM?

Chaotix

Love to test
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 11, 2020
i know i patched a firered rom, and im pretty sure it was clean because that first battle was the only thing messed up.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Well I don't know what could have caused it. Hey, Chaotix about the YouTube video link you have in your sig, that can't be zel's game since zel doesn't have the Red gyarados programmed in yet, or even the OverWorld for it. How did you get that video?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
Well I don't know what could have caused it. Hey, Chaotix about the YouTube video link you have in your sig, that can't be zel's game since zel doesn't have the Red gyarados programmed in yet, or even the OverWorld for it. How did you get that video?

Wow, i wander where he did get that. I wander if anyone else is making a gold remake. Or *gulp* what if the japanese peeps ARE really selling a game BASED on zel's hack. *Cry, cry* I doubt it, the only other possibilties are taht some is making a shiny gold except zel, some one took zels hack and hacked it to make it better (if thats possible), or zel figured out the shiny script and posted it before telling us

hopefully its that last one

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Maybe he got lucky and got a Shiny Gyarados? Seeing as how you can get shiny pokemon, it is a possibility. He also said when you kept reloading, which means that it probably IS a shiny, and that he got lucky to find it.

But the overworld problem contradicts all of this, so I'm gonna shut up now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
maybe he gamesharked for the shiny gyrados, because it seems pretty likely that he gamesharked for all of those masterballs. I thought you couldn't gameshark this hack though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back