• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2012
Yeah, Ive been playing Pokemon Black 2 online for over a month, havent played it lately due to trying these other games. It was pretty fun. I dont have a NDS so i only plat the emulators on my Xbox.

Does anyone know if emulator version have wifi that works? I know my wifi shows me connected on my roms, just not sure if its possible to play against people like that lol.

Now for Dark Rising are you planning on editing the map and fixing some of the cities and caves or is that already complete? I actually started developing my own game, and I was making some good looking cities and forests, but My pc is newer and some of the programs will not run on it, so I cannot make the game that I would like lol. So that ended my own development.

As for the part 2 your talking about. Your making two games like bw and bw 2 or like half the story here and half here.Just wondering if my pokemon will be usable or not after the first part is over.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I guess giving garchomp dragon type moves is not useful anymore now, isn't it, oh well, but in that case, I suggest u give it a physical movepool as it levels up like Stone Edge, awesome fighting type moves like Superpower and other physical moves so that it will have no problem Koing other flying types. Please at least do that, cus u gotta realise that even though Iron head and Earthquake r awesome on Garchomp, it deserves other physical moves to be the beast as it always was, providing that it's merits for Koing everyone with Dragon Type moves is now gone, I see this as the only option to make Garchomp Cover up some ground. What do u think?

Garchomp has Stone Edge in the hack. Download the program YAPE, it'll allow you to see which moves the Pokemon learn at specific levels.

@_Ustinday

Yes, the maps will be redone by another member on the forums. After I'm done with editing everything til the end of the hack, I will be sending the final rom to him so he can make the maps much better. As for Part 2, it's a direct continuation of Part 1. Not to spoil the ending of Part 1, but the player and friends will be going to another region I'm sure a few NPCs have mentioned in your playthrough named the OMNI Region. As for your Pokemon, you'll get a choice of the 3 dragon starters from Part 1 but their final evolutions at lv30. The player decides to "Only bring their Dragon Starter" along with him/her to the new region. Along the way though, you'll receive the special Pokemon you got from part 1 such as Victini and Shaymin from Prof.Ivan and your Mom, but not at the start of it. The choice of picking your dragon starter's final evolution from the start also allows you to switch if you weren't satisfied with your choice in Part 1 or if you just want to try something new. It's not like the NPCs will know lol. The lady professor of the OMNI Region will simply ask "Hm...I forgot. Which POKEMON was yours again?" And you pick either Dragonite, Salamence, or Garchomp, and your rival will pick the same like he did in Part 1. Part 2 will also have newer, better graphic tiles and new Pokemon that weren't in Part 1. Along with the day/night system and physical/special split for the moves.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2012
I played a patched english version of bw2.

Part 2 sounds promising I like that your putting some better graphics and the night and day into it.

Its going to be a hack of red also?

Do you have a idea when you will be done with part 1?

Dont want to get to far into part 1 if your going to release the final version soon lol, you have to start all over and everything.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Lugia Da Boss

Not in Beta 1. The final release will have the day/night system. That was my fault as I forgot to add it.

@_Ustinday

Part 1 will be done and released on Christmas Day of this year(Even if it's not done, I'll released whatever is finalized and working as a Beta 1.5). You won't have to start all over either. Just reload your save file by clicking Load on your emulator then find your save file on your computer. Yes, it will be a hack of fire red also but in No Way will it look similar or feel like Fire Red. I'm going to make extra sure everything feels brand new and even the characters themselves will have new looks but a few similarities to how they looked in Part 1. They'll be a lot of new characters, gyms, trainer classes, etc. It's gonna be really awesome. Part 1 is my first full hack ever and I gained a lot of experience hacking from this one. So I can assure Part 2 will be even better now that I learned so much working on Part 1. My only small concern is Darugis. After 2 hacks, I have to make sure the battle against it is epic and worthy of chasing it down that long.

EDIT: Axew and Deino will be available at Lv10 in the next release of the hack at the Game Corner as Prizes. Porygon will also be available as a prize. This is the Only way in the hack to get these 3 Pokemon.

Last edited:

mewmasterify

Actual Mew
Years
i Found a Bug while i was in Lavaburn Forest:
th_Bug.png

Years
2nd MUST READ!!

Sorry for bothering u again man, but I have another request, once u release the 2nd beta, could u please a seperate document on how to evolve certain pokes that need to be traded to evolve like Gurdurr to Conkeldur, Magmar to Magmortar and other pokes like Electabuzz and Gallade since it needs Dawn Stone to evolve. And as for Electivire I suggest that u should raise it's sp attack a bit since the physical/special split is not there and let's face it, without good physical thunder type moves it is not that useful. BTW what do u think about Smurott being changed to a part fighting type, but still hope u read this cus this is also important.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Sorry for bothering u again man, but I have another request, once u release the 2nd beta, could u please a seperate document on how to evolve certain pokes that need to be traded to evolve like Gurdurr to Conkeldur, Magmar to Magmortar and other pokes like Electabuzz and Gallade since it needs Dawn Stone to evolve. And as for Electivire I suggest that u should raise it's sp attack a bit since the physical/special split is not there and let's face it, without good physical thunder type moves it is not that useful. BTW what do u think about Smurott being changed to a part fighting type, but still hope u read this cus this is also important.

All Pokemon types will be the same as they are in the original games. Electivire does suffer because the physical/special split is absent, but he has good physical moves as well such as Brick Break and Earthquake. You're just gonna have to adapt to a new way of using certain Pokemon. About the document, download the program that I suggested before called YAPE. It'll let you view statistics of each Pokemon in the hack, including how they evolve.

Years
About Yape

Sorry for again bothering u but how does this work read the instructions but I am not quite getting it. Take it easy on me thoug, I am only 15

Years
My computer is completely backdated, I do not own it, it's my dads and if I download Net Framework 2.0, I do not what the hell will happen. I am screwed.

Years
hey there.I see an awesome hack you have here:D good luck.About how much of beta 2 is done?End of the year is near now^^ I really want to play it :D

Back