• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What about Generation 2's Unown puzzles? But then again, every diehard Pokémon fan knows which Unown is which, and they're pretty easy to figure out once you look at them for a while, anyway…
This is debatable. Some are trickier. But I've always wanted to see Staples use them:

201T.png
201H.png
201.png
201T.png

201W.png
201.png
201S.png

201E.png
201.png
201S.png
201Y.png

Come to think of it, Wheel of Fortune would be fun with them.

Cyclone

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Oh vapes, you didn't just go there. :) I'm only half joking.
I take offense to that. I'm not joking about that. I am hurt, but more than anything, I think you are misinformed.
Pokémon is actually a popular game for the visually empared to play, because of it's reasonable accessibility.
I've beaten Pokémon Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Firered, Emerald, Diamond, Platenum, Soul Silver, White, and White2. I only have 3 videos on my YouTube channel of me playing Pokémon, and that is volt white.
However, this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/genuinescorruption is a friend of mine and he has posted some gameplay of him playing through some Pokémon games.
I realize that you have never heard of such a thing before, but if you have any questions, we can talk on skype or via pm or vm, the speculation isn't the place to talk about this.

I agree with pokémonmasteraaron in that you're being prejudiced when you asked him how he could ever play Pokémon games without proper eyesight, vaporeon7. As long as pokémonmasteraaron can memorize the layout of each major menu, battle, overworld, and cave scene after having it described to him by someone who can see, I'm sure he would be able to play his games just fine. Video games are the great equalizer; look at me: I'm legally blind with vision between about 20:150 and 20:160, and I can still see well enough to play most games. Mind you, I have to hold a system pretty close to my face in order to see everything properly and, in some games, wish that I could temporarily invert the colors shown on the screen to make low-contrast text easier to read, but I can generally manage by tweaking the angle at which the light hits the screen. That may be slightly harder to do with the modern, backlit screens of my original Nintendo DS and original NIntendo 3DS than it was and still is on my original Game Boy Advance, but games are generally easier to play with an internal light source.

This, though I'm starting to doubt a PBR-like spin-off would ever occur. x_x;

Yeah, I'm more optimistic about a Coliseum-type spin-off in which the battle menus are moved down to the Game Pad like they were moved down to the Nintendo DS's Touch Screen in Generation IV and the battling style resembles Generation VI's more than it does Coliseum's (that game, especially its battle sequences, takes forever! Seriously!?!)

With Gen 6 being in 3D and having its own Random Battle Match-up. What would be the point in making a new Stadium like game. Most likely they'd not have any Mini games to play, like how PBR was. And having a console story based RPG like Colosseum seems a waste now that we can take the same up to date graphics with us in our pockets/backpack/purses since they will have stories too.

We may have ended the home console Pokemon games in Gen 4 with PBR. Random match up seems to be the main reason why Gen 5 didn't get a stadium like game.

IMO Gen 6 seems to have surpassed the need for stadiums...Pokemon X and Pokemon Y could have built in Stadium like settings too.

Maybe X and Y could stream local tournaments to Wii Us for display on HDTYs if it and the 3DS have enough horsepower to handle something like this? The Game Cube was able to move video streams of Ruby and Sapphire up on to a standard-definition TV via a link cable in the Pokémon Box game, so I don't see why it couldn't be done wirelessly these days, especially since it's been two hardware generations and the Wii U handles the Game Pad's graphics over WiFi and/or Bluetooth at the same time as its processing the normal A/V stream.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Just a reminder to everyone, Pokémon Smash will be starting in 5 hours starting from now. It's 4:00am where I am right now. We should watch it, just to see which old Eeveelution costumes the guy will be wearing. And who knows? They might reveal a silhouette of the new Eeveelution. ;)
Yeah, I'm more optimistic about a Coliseum-type spin-off in which the battle menus are moved down to the Game Pad like they were moved down to the Nintendo DS's Touch Screen in Generation IV and the battling style resembles Generation VI's more than it does Coliseum's (that game, especially its battle sequences, takes forever! Seriously!?!)

Hm... as far as I know... we have only had spin-offs that had 3D battling on the home consoles only during the days of when all the battles were two-dimensional on the handheld device. The last spin-off for having battles on a home console was Pokémon Battle Revolution in Generation IV.

I can probably speculate as to why they don't want to have another game that has battles on a home console, I think it's because Generation V had opened up the 3D battling on the handheld devices, so which means Genius Sonority don't feel any need to make another Pokémon battling game on a home console. And now that Pokémon X and Y have been revealed, what's really the point? But I also do feel that there really should be a Pokémon battling game on the Wii U, and if they ever do develop one... they have to make an adventure for it, like Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.

samiulrules

Pokemon Champ
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
It's awesome that gen 6 is coming out, but I don't think people are ready to let go of gen 5 yet. Oh well better throw some more money at the screen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You guys think the Vs. mugshots will return in XY? Will they be in 2D sprite forms like in Gen IV and V, in 2D artwork form like how it's done in Fire Emblem Awakening, or in 3D models?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just a reminder to everyone, Pokémon Smash will be starting in 5 hours starting from now. It's 4:00am where I am right now. We should watch it, just to see which old Eeveelution costumes the guy will be wearing. And who knows? They might reveal a silhouette of the new Eeveelution. ;)
I want to remind you...no one has confirmed there is a new Eeveelution coming. Don't talk about it as though it's guaranteed that a new Eeveelution is coming. You're only setting yourself up for possible disappointment.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You guys think the Vs. mugshots will return in XY? Will they be in 2D sprite forms like in Gen IV and V, in 2D artwork form like how it's done in Fire Emblem Awakening, or in 3D models?

Ooh interesting thought! I personally think they'll have it like Colloseum, which honestly will be AMAZING because they were--omggg, I want this so badly. :( It had the best vs scenes!

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I don´t think they will reveal anything in Pokémon Smash, and if they do, probably silhouettes or any other info.

At least CoroCoro is coming next week. : P

Victini

Hey Guys hope you don't mind be joining but i was wondering which game and which starter are you guys taking, and if you guys wanted to do some trades later on, when it comes out.
:classic:

I'm choosing X and Froakie as my starter. >w>
For some reason I'm not expecting news... but I really do hope for it!

... And I don't know if a new eeveelution (if it will happen, that is) is important enough to give a silhouette on.
The next thing we'll see under a silhouette is probably the small legendary of this generation.

Platinum Lucario

Years
I want to remind you...no one has confirmed there is a new Eeveelution coming. Don't talk about it as though it's guaranteed that a new Eeveelution is coming. You're only setting yourself up for possible disappointment.

Cyclone

Yeah, you're right. I kind of had this thought that if they showed all the past Eeveelutions... it could be possible they'd reveal a silhouette at the end.

But at least we'd get to see the last of the old Eeveelution costumes. ;)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Cyclone

I swear you said that before, like word for word lol

Still it can be fun to speculate about anything really. If we only speculate the things we knew, we would have very limited topics. The good thing about having not much revealed is that nothing is impossible yet.

Platinum Lucario

Years
Wait, they just showed Leafeon, they already showed Leafeon 2 weeks ago... I'm pretty sure.

Could they be keeping on showing old Eeveelutions multiple times rather than once on Pokémon Smash?

Edit: They also showed Espeon, which I'm pretty sure they showed it last week.

Platinum Lucario

Years
So far, they've shown Leafeon, Espeon and Jolteon as the old Eeveelutions. In the previous weeks, they showed only two of them, but this week they showed 3 of them instead.

Could it be next week they'll show the silhouette or will it be in several weeks? Only time will tell. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back