• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Beta Place V2

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Sorry.

That's... worded somewhat confusingly. ._. At any rate, if you already have a mentor either from here or elsewhere and/or you do not want a mentor from here anymore, tell me or Astinus and you'll be removed from the list. Otherwise you'll stay on it.

In this case, then I wish to be removed. Sorry if you went through all the time to add me, but I found somebody to be my mentor already somewhere else....and can I be eliminated? Sorry.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Title of Story: Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney: The Twin Siren
Fandom: Professor Layton
Plot summary:
Genre: Action, Mystery
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG
Type of mentor needed: Proof-reading (Someone good with grammar)
Writing sample of story: Here's the story instead
Other: This is a long story, and I may make a sequel, so be prepared for long work.

BlazeGirl12

Just Another Pokemon Player
Years
I'm completely new to all this and I'd really like someone to help me out with my story! I've always liked to write, but hopefully I will actually finish this project. :P

Title of Story: Legend Bound (tentative at this point, I had to think of one fast :P)
Fandom: Pokemon
Plot summary: The story of four sisters (the grandchildren of Professor Rowan) traveling through Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto, and Unova. However, there was a prophecy about them in ancient times, where it was said that they would possess powers as great as legendary Pokemon. I plan to alternate chapters between the characters, starting with just the oldest and adding others at the right place in the overall timeline.
Genre: OT, some Romance (though not a ton)
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG, for mild violence and some romance (I keep my writing clean and language free, though)
Type of mentor needed: Comprehensive, Plot, Proofreading
Writing sample of story: (this is just the prologue)
Spoiler:

Other: I am a complete newbie at this sort of thing, but I've done pretty well at writing in school. My big problem? Definitely procrastination. Hopefully having a beta reader will motivate me to actually finish a story for once in my life. :P
I have already thought through a lot of the plot and character development, I just need to start writing before my life gets insanely busy again.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Title of Story: Pokemon Adventures
Plot summary: Doesn't have one. Just read the story. But it is a PaulxOC fic, set in Kanto.
Genre: Romance/Adventure
Rating (PG, R, etc): Right now it's PG-13, but as I write it will change to R rated.
Type of mentor needed: I need a spell checker, and a grammar checker. And I wanna make sure I got Paul in character right.
Writing sample of story:
As soon as they got there they heard a voice saying,"Your not what I'm looking for. Be gone."

"That could only be, Paul," said Kairi. Her and Pikachu went up to him,"What do you think your doing!?" She demanded, noticing Paul releasing a Starly he had just caught.

"That's none of your business!" Said Paul.

"It is when your abandoning a Pokemon you just caught," she demanded.

"If your so consersed, why don't you take it," said Paul.

"Yes, I think maybe I will. Come on Starly, you don't need him!" Kairi said, as she grabbed the Starly's Poke Ball out of Paul's hand in an angry tone. She returned Starly to her Poke Ball. Paul got ready to turn and walk away when Kairi called out,"Wait!"

"What is it now?" Paul asked her, as he turned around to face her.

"You left your Pokedex and Poke Balls at the lab. I don't know where you found that Poke Ball, but here," Kairi handed Paul his Pokedex and Poke Balls. She realized he must have just found a Poke Ball laying around on the route and used it.

"Thank you," Paul said, putting the stuff into his bag. He then turned and walked away.

'Did...Did he just thank me!?' Kairi wondered, confused. She watched Paul as he walked away, hands on his hips.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Hey there all, I'm writing my first fanfiction, so I need a beta reader for any updates I have in the future

Title of Story: The Return of a Legend (13+)
Plot summary: A once old hero that was left for mysterious reasons, who now returns to the world, where much has changed for him
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Romance maybe if I want it....
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG 13+
Type of mentor needed: Someone who can look through my work and look for any places which are lacking in detail, and also maybe a proof reader if someone has the time as well.
Writing sample of story:
Spoiler:

Other: This is my first Fanfic, so expect it to be quite bad :/
Method of Contact: I would like the beta reader to PM me, and I'll PM them back as well ASAP

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've addeed it into the list, sheep261.

Again if anyone has already found a beta reader/no longer needs one please tell me!

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
I'm after a beta reader as well.

Title of story: Legends of Kanto
Plot Summary: Four children from Pallet Town on set out into the thrilling world of Pokemon, to face the perilous trials of the Pokemon Trainer.
Genre: Original Trainer
Rating: PG-13
Type of mentor needed: I am after someone who can help me with any grammatical errors, as well a proofreader.
Sample: Prologue (part of it, anyways.)
Spoiler:

Years
Title of Story: A Friendship Story

Plot summary: After being sent from her home to the real world, Giratina finds herself with the opportunity to redeem herself and start a new life. While doing so, she meets Hydreigon and instantly wanted to be her friend. Will she give Giratina a chance or flee?

Genre: Friends/Hurt/Comfort

Rating (PG, R, etc): G

Type of mentor needed: needs help with characters, grammar and descriptions to maybe get ideas to finish this :[

Writing sample of story:

Spoiler:

Other: (such as, how long you've been writing for, what you think your strengths and weaknesses in writing are - optional) Been writing for as long as I remember; first fanfiction I wrote was for the Powerpuff Girls fandom. Also written for the Sonic fandom; Weakness are character portrayals and events happening too quickly

bobandbill

one more time
Years
You are both added.

As a note, I'd suggest using the default forum text style/colour rather than your own as it may be hard for people to read on some forum skins, and removing all the formatting is all the more timely for me. =p

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2015
Title of Story: Transformed
Plot summary:After a boy explores the local forest with his best friend, a series of events follow which results in him becoming a Pokemon, and being forced to alter the destiny of Time, Space, and discovering the secrets that the Universe would rather keep hidden...
Genre:Action, Adventure and with slight war themes in some parts
Rating (PG, R, etc):PG-13- blood, language, and suggestive themes.
Type of mentor needed:Need a comprehensive mentor to just help me all round
Writing sample of story:The Prologue and chapter 1 can currently be found here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=262732
Other: Liked writing stories for about 4 years I am capable of thinking up a pretty decent plot pretty spontaneously, but i lack the descriptive and grammatical talent that really makes a writer.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Added to the list.

Mayb we should advertise for more mentors... *waves a flag* Any new people willing to help out clear the list some? =p

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hey .O. I was wondering if maybe the er.. Beta list should be updated? A lot of betas I noticed are either inactive or it doesn't seem like I'm able to PM them/ reach them through PC.

I agree with advertising for more Betas though. I would take on the job but right now I'm pretty unreliable (job, moving countries) and I'm writing something myself. I'd be willing to beta something if someone would beta in return.. but I'm also pretty precise and we'd probably have to be on a similar writing level to help each other out (or even out each others' weaknesses.)

chelly1107

The Unseen
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
Title of Story: (I havent decided on that)
Fandom: Pokémon
Plot summary: -_- (I haven't decided on this either)
Genre: Adventure
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG
Type of mentor needed: Someone who would read and comment without seeing a plot summary. Also willing to suggest a title.
Writing sample of story:
Spoiler:
Other: The story takes quite a while to get to the point, but it does.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Added. Do say if you want to add anything.

And may give this a fresh slate soon given the number of people who requested readers a while ago. Because either you still want one which I find unlikely or you did find someone/don't need one any more and haven't yet told me.

Years
CLIENTS:

Title of Story: Adventures In Unova - All Battlers
Plot summary: Twins Adam and Amelia go on their pokemon adventure around Unova, also going to the Battle Dome.
Genre: Pokemon? Adventure?
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG but may get a bit bad, probs not.
Type of mentor needed: Proofreader, Plot or comprehensive.
Writing sample of story:
Spoiler:

Back