• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Naww thats no good Flying but.....

THATS EVERYONE THEN! Just look up a few posts to the post by AlexOzzyCakes, it explains the project and has what song it is but for reference its:
God knows- Aya Hinro
And everyone is doing it from a distance bro, if you can record and upload it thats all that you need.

Yay yay yay!

You should feel completely free to post anything of your playing!

I dun wanna mix!! But there is a good chance I'll be doing it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If you can tell me some good mixing software I don't mind trying it? o3o

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Logic Pro for Mac OS X is what I use for general synthesising/recording/mixing, if you're into that kind of operating system :\

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Dear more experienced musicians/mixers,

I love critique on my stuff owo. Please give a listen and tell me how to make it better. Especially on the latest piece I posted a few posts back(CLICK). I would be so happy XD I want to become good, or at least decent!

I use Adobe Audition for trying to mix/line up vocal right and everything. I usually compress vocal first, line it up to the music correctly, then add the delay/any effects, etc., then I use the mixerboard for the EQ and things before mastering it and adding mastering reverbs.

Emmm, the metallic twangs in the more recent song are from the UTAU program itself because of the poor mic quality that generates noise. I tried my best to get him to work on resamplers, but they were crashing the UTAU program, so I had to use the default which leaves the noises in there much. I normally use bkh resamplers, but even that was generating noise more than usual, I think because of the notes in the song (It works better on some songs than others, and I think it was conflicting with the flags <_< somehow ). TIPS doesn't work with Kageroza-kun's voice unfortunately >_<.......

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
OH. MAI. GAWD. LOVE YOU GUYS.

Username: Controversial?
Instrument(s) played: Singer (vocals) ^_^, Piano (Grade 6), Guitar (self-taught, not very good, no grades xD). Also thinking about production because I've played around on Logic quite a lot, but that's like saying you're good at Guitar Hero so you should be a lead guitarist
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: If you're in London, definitely! If not, we can oranise something, but it'll take a while.

I can't believe this finally came into being. This is HEAVEN. <3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh you must be pretty good by now then Control :S Should post some of what you can do for us xD.

Kurui you make a lot of stuff don't you! You're extremely talented, its amazing! You should be so proud of yourself.
Though personally I am not a fan of heavily synthesised voices :S So can't really critique that last one. The backing track sounds cool/familiar though. (A song by COB which name escapes me atm.)

Alexandra I was just going to use either Audacity or REAPER to do the mixing if I ended up having too. Maybe you could check them out and do it xD xD! (Still learning my part, slowly getting there... slowly, (All the chord shapes look really weird in the tab :S) )

Welcome Controversial?!
The collaboration is mainly going to just be done over the internet, where you record a part of a song with other members and someone mixes and edits it all together into one incredible track of the clubs talent!!
Im glad that you like the club! xD Hope you contribute some of your work as well xD

-cough- Good at guitar hero and plays lead -cough-

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
"Kurui, you make a lot of stuff don't you?"

Well yesh, I'm a musician XD. And since this is a musician's club. And you don't have to like a certain thing to crit it. I thought mixing was all the same as far as vocals go? Maybe I'm wrong, but I tend to take the same approach for mixing whether it's my voice or one of my friend's through UTAU program.

His voice is smexy, synthesized or no! With VCV you can get an even more natural sound, and you can barely tell it isn't human just singing at all. I don't have any VCV to work with though. Nobody my team has ever made one. ;o;

Jalsy

RESET
Years
Username: Ashist_Wilketch_mark_april
Instrument(s) played: I've been playing with piano until now. I do tried playing xylophone and guitar.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, I do want to:)

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Piano!? Care to share any pieces you've played or collab with me? I'd love to do some soft operatic over a moving piano piece. <3

If nobody can mix the 'God Knows' song, NN said he would do it. Just let him know.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Control feel free to post your covers here! I'd personally enjoy listening to them for sure :)

Kurui you definitely are a musician! You blow me out of the water with everything you do! You are definitely talented! I hope that link I gave you the other day helped you out as well :)

Welcome Ashist!
Have you played in any bands or ensembles or anything like that? Are you graded on the piano?

Also to all members of the club feel free to post in here if you want to start up a project with other club members, its basically what I made this club for!

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
It was helping a LOT with the noise in his file, but now whenever I use it the whole program just crashes and I lost all of the data in it.......so I need to find a way to restore my program before I continue to fix it up =_=. *shakes fishes at Audition*

~~**~~

I'm going to finally be featured as a horrorcore rap artist on an upcoming BC2012 album. <3 It will be my first fully public horrorcore song where I actually am oneof the lead. I have a verse all to myself and everything. I had a few people who were asking, but finally NN got an opening to make the album so I naturally choose him because he is my all-time favourite musician, both in the horrorcore and metal scene. <3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats really exciting Kurui! Im very happy for you! Getting your work publicly publish must feel so amazing, as well as scary! Are you nervous?
Also whats horrorcore..?

And please do share Control!

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I already have before so I'm not nervous but this is the first time working with my all time favourite band on a full album. I had only recorded back vocals of one song on an album, but not for the actual band.

But a warn, this song I did operatic on is explicit lyric (violence & some language). For that reason i will warn and spoiler and big letters.

Spoiler:

Horrorcore is a mix of metal hip hop rap with horror and gothic element. It is very dark, subtly beautiful music on the macabre. It is a very underground style, and one of my favourites, being I am gothic.

You can hear the first track I'm singing on instrument here:
http://soundcloud.com/kurui/bc2012-instrumental

This wasnt the actual full. He changed his mind, then he let me back in it and has a revamped, cause his dad died so we had to wait. But i hope we can do this thing!

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
If the place of bassist for the project is still empty, I'll take it. It's a easy song (at least, the bass) xD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats good to know because you've already been given that job >.< Thank you for deciding to participate in this project with us! We are all very appreciative!
When will you have it down and ready by?

Back