• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☄ Shocking Stars ☄ - The Electric Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I supose it's my personality.

What you said sums it up pretty well, I think. It's a slightly different reason for me, but still.

See, I was never the most tactical of players, especially when I was younger. I always liked moves that were fast and hit hard, even if it meant sacrificing defense. I think it's pretty obvious why I liked electric types, just from that. Because I wanted to use them in the place of actual skill.

I also thought the Mareep line was adorable, as I've previously said.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I can relate to that aswell. My first game was Emerald and in post game training I fit my pokemon with attacking moves but never put any effort into defencive moves like I do now. That's one thing that I always thought would be cool for pikachu was to have some sort of defencive move. Light screen would be a unique twist in some of his battles.

MirandaxPikachu

Lovin' Pikachu since 1999.
Years
Hi! I would love to join!

Username : MirandaxPikachu << Woah! There you have it.. :P ( Call me Miranda )
Partner : Peeka the Pikachu (Female)

My love for electric Pokemon started when I play'd my first pokemon game : Pokemon Yellow. ( See signature (L)(L))
I took my brothers GBA and started playing, since then Pikachu always was my favorite.
1 : Pikachu.
2 : Jolteon.
3 : Ampharos.
4 : Luxray.

Anyways, I would love to join! :)

Last edited:

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
Years
Sorry, I've been having computer problems. But, anyway, back to what you asked about the Therian Forms, AlexOzzyCake. Ever since the forms were first revealed, I found them to be very interesting. Dragdurus (a fan-made name that surfaced on Facebook), has become one of my favorite Electric-types since then. Not only is his design awesome, but he is very powerful in battle (I've used him on PO).

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I can relate to that aswell. My first game was Emerald and in post game training I fit my pokemon with attacking moves but never put any effort into defencive moves like I do now.

I think I still play like that. That's probably also why I still consider Electric Types my favorite. It was especially an easy thing to get away with in Pokemon Silver, which was my first Pokemon game. Again with the Mareeps. You just have to love the Mareep line. YOU HAVE TO

Like that.

179.gif
180.gif
181.gif

That's one thing that I always thought would be cool for pikachu was to have some sort of defencive move. Light screen would be a unique twist in some of his battles.

I think Pikachu can learn Light Screen, can't it? Or are you saying you'd like to use a Pikachu with Light Screen?

Oshawott01

Awesome Oshawotter
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
What first made me like electric Pokemon was probably seeing Pachirisu for the first time on TV. Pachirisu is SUPER CUTE! I also do really love Emolga but something makes me like Pachirisu better. I even have my own Pachirisu plushie its so cute and looks like this:
images

OMG Pachirisu is awesome it is one of the cutest Pokemon and it also never evolves which is something I like in some Pokemon. I hate how you have a really cute pokemon and it evolves into something else. It is good to have a Pokemon that stays the same and that you really grow on!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh Sorry, For a dual typing I'd have to say Grass or fighting.
Oo, what made you choose these two types? We've already had a pretty long debate over Electric/Grass types so now's the perfect time to pitch in ideas for it xD And as for Electric/Fighting, I really think that should've been the Electabuzz line. I mean come on, most of their moves rely on punching. xD

See, I was never the most tactical of players, especially when I was younger. I always liked moves that were fast and hit hard, even if it meant sacrificing defense. I think it's pretty obvious why I liked electric types, just from that. Because I wanted to use them in the place of actual skill.
Paha, I love this reasoning. xD That should be our new motto; "Electric types: now you don't need skill." Although I have to say I don't think that concept would work considering that most Electric types work around using some incredibly unique strategies, Eelektross being the first that comes to mind. :3 But their huge speeds and power are certainly what kept me interested for so many years until the cuties started pouring in for Gen IV ♥

That's one thing that I always thought would be cool for pikachu was to have some sort of defencive move. Light screen would be a unique twist in some of his battles.
I'm pretty sure Pikachu can learn Light Screen, but you're right it'd be a great help for the Pikachu family to have some more defensive moves. I don't know if it can learn Reflect or not, but if it can then that'd be a perfect move for them to use considering its low base Defense and weakness to Ground types. :3 I really do wish Pikachu/Raichu had some better stats though - with their stats that low they kinda don't warrant usage in most serious teams :( Especially strange considering they're the mascots. o3o

Hi! I would love to join!

Username : MirandaxPikachu << Woah! There you have it.. :P ( Call me Miranda )
Partner : Peeka the Pikachu (Female)

My love for electric Pokemon started when I play'd my first pokemon game : Pokemon Yellow. ( See signature (L)(L))
I took my brothers GBA and started playing, since then Pikachu always was my favorite.
1 : Pikachu.
2 : Jolteon.
4 : Luxray.

Anyways, I would love to join! :)
Hi there, welcome to the club! :D I hope you have a wonderful time here ♥ Your list of favourites is largely very adorable; what made you choose Pikachu as number one though? Is there a reason that you love that Pokémon more than the others? c: For now I'm going to assume it's a result of growing up playing Pokémon Yellow xD The last three on your list are super powerful Pokémon though so now I'm interested to see if you prefer cuteness over power when it comes to Electric types? :)

Sorry, I've been having computer problems. But, anyway, back to what you asked about the Therian Forms, AlexOzzyCake. Ever since the forms were first revealed, I found them to be very interesting. Dragdurus (a fan-made name that surfaced on Facebook), has become one of my favorite Electric-types since then. Not only is his design awesome, but he is very powerful in battle (I've used him on PO).
Oh wow, I didn't know we could use him yet :o What's he like? Is it much different to using the standard form?

What first made me like electric Pokemon was probably seeing Pachirisu for the first time on TV. Pachirisu is SUPER CUTE! I also do really love Emolga but something makes me like Pachirisu better. I even have my own Pachirisu plushie its so cute and looks like this:
images

OMG Pachirisu is awesome it is one of the cutest Pokemon and it also never evolves which is something I like in some Pokemon. I hate how you have a really cute pokemon and it evolves into something else. It is good to have a Pokemon that stays the same and that you really grow on!
PACHIRISU IS ADORABLE OMG FJGSDFG <33333333 -fangirls- *ahem* But yeah, I really, really, really strongly agree with your love of cuteness in Electric types. xD And that plushie is so freaking cute omg, I am incredibly jealous right now. :( What I love about Pachirisu is how its stats are, let's be honest, pretty terrible, but you can still use the Pokémon very effectively. With moves like Sweet Kiss, Super Fang, Thunder Wave and Grass Knot, it can eventually (with a little luck) take down the majority of opponents. Even things like Garchomp could fall to the cute squirrel Pokémon with some luck from Sweet Kiss and lowering its Earthquake's power with Attract; that's how I beat Cynthia's. x]

MirandaxPikachu

Years

Hi there, welcome to the club! :D I hope you have a wonderful time here ♥ Your list of favourites is largely very adorable; what made you choose Pikachu as number one though? Is there a reason that you love that Pokémon more than the others? c: For now I'm going to assume it's a result of growing up playing Pokémon Yellow xD The last three on your list are super powerful Pokémon though so now I'm interested to see if you prefer cuteness over power when it comes to Electric types? :)

Well, I have a beautiful story of my childhood for you xd!
So it was 1999. ( Woah, I feel old XD)
And my brother was on a vacation with his friends or something, and forgot his GBA, so I thought, why don't I try it out? So I started playing.. he had seven badges if I remember, and I pressed new game.. I'm so evil.. :p
And then BAM! Professor Oak gave me a Pikachu.. I was in love immediately!
Next thing I knew, I had 12 Pikachu Plushes, a lot of Pokémon cards.. Pikachu cards. ;d
And.. these :
images

I know, terrible. xD
I've played Yellow like a thousand times :p
And yeah, I used to prefer cuteness over Strength, but that was when I was little, these Pokémon always were my favorite Elec. type so.. yeah. :p

I still sleep with my plushe.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Paha, I love this reasoning. xD That should be our new motto; "Electric types: now you don't need skill."

Why isn't that our motto. Everyone would join then.

Really, I think that in-game Electric Types can wipe the floor with a lot of different things. Or that's how it was for me. I would rely quite a bit on my Electric Pokemon to get me out of bad situations. It was never delightful to go up against any well-armoured Pokemon, though.

I even have my own Pachirisu plushie its so cute and looks like this:
images

And that plushie is so freaking cute omg, I am incredibly jealous right now. :(

I still sleep with my plushe.

Well if we're talking about Electric Plushies... Here is a picture of my three older, and infinitely less cute looking (especially with the camera and the lighting. bleh.) plushies. I was too lazy to look up those pretty catalog pictures. xD

MMmco.jpg

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I am so jealous of you guys and all your adorable plushies >:
All I have is a really old Pikachu one, which is probably hidden away in a box somewhere. I thought I had a picture of it on my computer, but I guess not.

---

Anyway, regarding the topic: I only started liking Electric-types when I tried out a whole bunch of them after using Shinx in Pearl.

I guess I'm a bit strange in that I liked Electrics... for not being Electrics. I only really gained an appreciation for Electric-types relatively recently, and it was mostly due to their versatility as a type. I initially thought that all of them were fragile, special-attacking speedsters which would faint at the slightest quake of the earth. While a lot of them are like that, and I do love using fast-moving heavy-hitters, a good number of them can also fit into, and excel in, roles you wouldn't really expect from an Electric-type.

I guess it's a bit silly, since most, if not all, other types are like that, but when I was younger I was pretty strongly convinced that non-legendary Electric-types were not worth using and their roles could easily be played by other Pokemon that could learn Electric moves.

MirandaxPikachu

Years
Well, still.. if you had triple types, I would do Flying, ( It kills their groundweakness.) and perhaps rock, to cover the weakness for flying type? So.. a mix of Zapdos and Archeops?
Or Thundurus and Archeops? I don't know. :p

Well if we're talking about Electric Plushies... Here is a picture of my three older, and infinitely less cute looking (especially with the camera and the lighting. bleh.) plushies. I was too lazy to look up those pretty catalog pictures. xD

MMmco.jpg

That Jolteon... is... AWESOMEEEEEE!

I want it.. NOW! :P
Those Plusle and Minun are also, ADORABLE!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Spoiler:
Paha, that is a great story indeed xD I was a lot like that when I first saw Pachirisu, but not to the same extent x] The way Pikachu followed you around was just adorable ♥ And I used to sleep with a Pikachu plushie too ;; This was years ago though, just saying xD

Why isn't that our motto. Everyone would join then.
Fixed. ;D

MMmco.jpg
THOSE ARE ADORABLE OMG. Despite both Minun and Plusle looking like they've died and collapsed or something, they're still sooo cute xD My favourite is the Jolteon though; it just looks so beautiful and mystical, even though it's just a plushie. x]

Anyway, regarding the topic: I only started liking Electric-types when I tried out a whole bunch of them after using Shinx in Pearl.

I guess I'm a bit strange in that I liked Electrics... for not being Electrics. I only really gained an appreciation for Electric-types relatively recently, and it was mostly due to their versatility as a type. I initially thought that all of them were fragile, special-attacking speedsters which would faint at the slightest quake of the earth. While a lot of them are like that, and I do love using fast-moving heavy-hitters, a good number of them can also fit into, and excel in, roles you wouldn't really expect from an Electric-type.

I guess it's a bit silly, since most, if not all, other types are like that, but when I was younger I was pretty strongly convinced that non-legendary Electric-types were not worth using and their roles could easily be played by other Pokemon that could learn Electric moves.
I must admit, I didn't start liking them much until Pearl either x] But for me it was Pachirisu and Rotom that convinced me to start trying them out. It wasn't so much because I assumed they were fragile or anything, but rather the opposite since I thought they were all too strong and made the games boring xD I kinda like that some of them have low defenses because it means they aren't too strong to make things boring c: But I certainly agree about being able to use Electric types in situations you wouldn't expect; those Pokémon are so much fun to use xD Like Eelektross for example (which seems to be my example for everything recently >.>) is the perfect user of Poison type moves such as Acid Spray, supporting its other moves perfectly and making it one hell of a Pokémon to beat. ♥ You wouldn't expect this kind of set up from Electric types x] I also love how the majority of Electric types tend to get a lot of coverage due to their 'powers' giving them moves like Flamethrower or whatever, it just makes them that little bit more wonderful. :D

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm sooooo jealous of u guys. u all have a plushie and i do not have any *crys*

btw wht's the current topic??

So which Electric types have the best fan art?
Emolga and shinx bcuz of there cutenes
pikachu bcuz it is the mascot
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tbh I kinda stopped using topics since it's nicer to just see where the discussion flows rather than using topics to dictate what people talk about, but I guess the closest thing to a topic at the moment is "What made you start liking Electric types?" c:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Omgomgomg THAT EMOLGA AND SHINX PICTURE AWWW <33333 THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER OMG ♥ -fangirls- But seriously that is so freaking adorable I don't even xD I wonder if the badass Electric Pokémon like Eeleketross and Magnezone can be cute too...

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well, still.. if you had triple types, I would do Flying, ( It kills their groundweakness.) and perhaps rock, to cover the weakness for flying type? So.. a mix of Zapdos and Archeops?
Or Thundurus and Archeops? I don't know. :p

That would give it a nasty Ice weakness though. That's all I could really think of that suggestion. It would also be weak to Water, and depending on whether it inherited it's speed from the Rock or Electric, that could be a problem.

But I kind of see what you're going for. I'm sort of theorizing what it could look like in my head.

YOU ARE SO AMAZING YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW. <33333

THOSE ARE ADORABLE OMG. Despite both Minun and Plusle looking like they've died and collapsed or something, they're still sooo cute xD My favourite is the Jolteon though; it just looks so beautiful and mystical, even though it's just a plushie. x][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well they are pretty old, but they were never meant to stand up either. They were made with kind of flimsy arms, with a bit of stuffing on the inside, where the main body has pellets. That said, the arms are so short, they probably couldn't stand up like normal anyways. xD

More than you wanted to know, probably. But that is why they look dead, despite their rather vibrant expressions. Jolteon is rather lovely though. I think they had a couple of other eons at the store I visited, but I only had money for one, and I thought Jolteon was definitely the best of them.

Plus it was an electric type, which makes it amazing.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Please excuse me while I go and die from too much cute. So much adorable fanart...

MirandaxPikachu

Years
I'm sooooo jealous of u guys. u all have a plushie and i do not have any *crys*

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

AAAAH!
That EMOLGA OMYPOKEMON! Soo ADORABLEEEEE!
That Pikachu and Pachirisu! OOOOH YOU GUYS ARE GIVING PIKACHU A HARD TIMEEE!
Ugh, now I can't choose for my Pokemon Black team!
Emolga, Pikachu, Shinx, or Pachirisu?!
And that Shinx.. is... is... is.. isss!!!
A W E S O M E !
Sigh... Why isn't Pokémon REAL?!
I wish I was a fairy or something, I would zapppp myself into the Pokémon world :')

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wish I was a fairy or something, I would zapppp myself into the Pokémon world :')
loool. i wish it tooo :P :P

AWESOME motto btw <3 <3

Electric types are fast, their designs are cool, and I honestly love almost every single Electric type Pokemon. It is a must for me to have at least one in my party at any of my games :3 I really like that the idea that some of them use natural electricity when our world uses it for other purposes.They are pretty solid, as they can completely knock out water types, and they have awesome moves... Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, and many more...
They're often incredibly powerful and unique battlers with very interesting strategies. I can't think of a single Electric type Pokemon that I haven't enjoyed using. They're often very fast with immense power so they make for wonderful sweepers.

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
name:NixChill
partner:static the rotom
reason of joining:electric types are one of my favorite
topic:electric types are one of my favorite types. pikachu is the star of pokemon and it is an electric type. plus rotom is one of my favorite pokemon. i know this short but this is all i can say

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
name:NixChill
partner:static the rotom
reason of joining:electric types are one of my favorite
topic:electric types are one of my favorite types. pikachu is the star of pokemon and it is an electric type. plus rotom is one of my favorite pokemon. i know this short but this is all i can say
Hi there, welcome to the club :D So why do you like Rotom so much? I personally love it for being such a cute and mischievous Pokémon that packs one heck of a punch ♥ The only problem I have with it is that the idea of it possessing machinery and stuff to attack seems really... awkward. xD Also I don't understand why it can't possess more machinery than just the ones it gains types from, surely it should be able to possess anything :s But yeah, welcome to the club! :D

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
Hi there, welcome to the club :D So why do you like Rotom so much? I personally love it for being such a cute and mischievous Pokémon that packs one heck of a punch ♥ The only problem I have with it is that the idea of it possessing machinery and stuff to attack seems really... awkward. xD Also I don't understand why it can't possess more machinery than just the ones it gains types from, surely it should be able to possess anything :s But yeah, welcome to the club! :D
i was thinking the same thing! hopefully nintendo will add more machines that rotom can enter in the next generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back