• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Column #1: Sewaddle, I like its evolution a lot and I don't really like Wormadam
Column #2: Spinarak, I always liked it as a kid and I don't know why, but I'm not a huge fan of Vespiquen, so Spinarak wins that.
Column #3: Crustle, though I don't know much about either, so that's a weird one for me.
Column #4: Ninjask, it's better than Joltik unevolved
Column #5: Galvantula, probably one of my favorite Gen V Pokémon, and who doesn't like a bug that can use Thunderbolt?

Years
Preferred username: Cirno:
Partner Pokémon:
267.gif

Favorite Bug-type move?
Bug Buzz! Great accuracy and power, it's really reliable. It's probably the bug move I've used most across the entire franchise. :O

Column #1: Sewaddle vs. Wormadam (Plant Cloak)
Sewaddle! Was one of my favorites from the fifth gen.

Column #2: Spinarak vs. Vespiquen
Vespiquen for its unique design and moveset. I wasn't very much into the fourth generation but she stuck out to me as a nice tank and overall cool Pokemon.

Column #3: Crustle vs. Vivillon
Crustle doesn't much resemble a bug to me.. I see it as more of a water/rock Pokemon. That and I adore the regional butterflies/moths so Vivillon of course!

Column #4: Ninjask vs. Joltik
Hard choice. :( Joltik is adorable but Ninjask is really useful in battle, especially for Baton Passing. I think I'll go with Joltik for the cuteness factor though.

Column #5: Galvantula vs. Genesect
Galvantula. Genesect isn't that memorable of a legendary and Galvantula is the evolved form of Joltik who I love, so..

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Cirno:
Partner Pokémon:
267.gif

Favorite Bug-type move?
Bug Buzz! Great accuracy and power, it's really reliable. It's probably the bug move I've used most across the entire franchise. :O

Welcome to the club. Great choice in Beautifly, she's pretty, quick and fluid. I am starting to like this Bug Buzz move, it sounds like something I'd teach my Bug types.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'd so totally want this version of Vivillon now.

Spoiler:

Column #1: Pinsir vs. Scatterbug
Pinsir is fierce, but I really wish it had an evolution.
Column #2: Volbeat vs. Forretress
Can't deny how difficult it is to crush this one if you lack Fire type moves.
Column #3: Spinarak vs. Masquerain
One of my favorite bugs, though I really like Spinarak too, aw.
Column #4: Wurmple vs. Weedle
My first shiny was a Weedle in Crystal, so enough said.
Column #5: Parasect vs. Illumise
I don't like Illumise nor Volbeat like at all. Paras was so cute in the first anime episode it appeared in.

Last edited:

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Preferred username: Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon: Heracross

Favourite Bug Type Move?

Megahorn is a beast. 120 base power and almost 100% accuracy, what more could you want?

Other than that, I love Signal Beam. It's strong and can confuse the opponent.

Favourite Bug Type Pokémon?

This is hard to decide. I like Heracross, but then I also like Scyther and Scizor. But if they were all hanging off a cliff and I could only save one, it would be Heracross, because if not, I would have chose something else for my partner.

Why do you like Bug-type Pokémon?

I like them because they are very unique for usually evolving early, and they also have many good Type Combinations to stump many Pokémon. They have potential if you know how to play correctly with them.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon: Heracross

Favourite Bug Type Move?

Megahorn is a beast. 120 base power and almost 100% accuracy, what more could you want?

Other than that, I love Signal Beam. It's strong and can confuse the opponent.

Favourite Bug Type Pokémon?

This is hard to decide. I like Heracross, but then I also like Scyther and Scizor. But if they were all hanging off a cliff and I could only save one, it would be Heracross, because if not, I would have chose something else for my partner.

Why do you like Bug-type Pokémon?

I like them because they are very unique for usually evolving early, and they also have many good Type Combinations to stump many Pokémon. They have potential if you know how to play correctly with them.

Welcome to the club. Good choice in Heracross, he is strong. I love Megahorn, I had Heracross use that move a couple of times. Scyther and Scizor are not bad either, they are amongts my favorite Bug-types. I used to catch Scyther in National Park and win half of the time in the Bug Catching contests. I like how Bug-types have all but 3 or 4 of the type combinations, it makes them unique and powerful.

I am quite saddened to see that no one has participated in the second round of the Bug tournament. I switch them out every Monday and it's been 5 days and no one has casted their votes. Get your votes in before I have to switch out again.

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome, Umbr30n!

Here's some fanart I found:

tumblr_mtl70y84X11qzizv5o1_500.jpg

I thought about using a Scolipede in my team today. Has anyone else used one in-game? I've used a Heracross before; his nickname was Lancelot and he was fun to use. I also used a Galvantula nicknamed GoldnDream in Black. I later caught a Joltik named Faustus (based on an anime character who has a relationship with spiders).

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Column #1: I'm going for Pinsir because I don't know much about Scatterbug and it's very good offensively.

Column #2: I'm going to definitely say Forretress here, it can withstand so much more than Volbeat and it is very good to use for Spikes and Stealth Rock, and when there's a hazard given to your team, you could spin it away with Rapid Spin. After that, when Forretress looks like it's finally going to go, make it go out with a bang with Explosion. Volbeat does none of that, but I have no hard feelings on it.

Column #3: I have to go with Spinarak here. Not many reasons, except that Spinarak can evolve into a Pokémon that could confound and slowly faint any Pokémon at the best of times.

Column #4: I'm going for Weedle. I just prefer it.

Column #5: Parasect would beat Illumise any day, hands down. It learns much better moves than Illumise, as well as being able to last longer (Except against Fire-Types)

TwilightBlade

Years
Column #1: Heracross vs. Scizor
Column #2: Yanma vs. Dustox
Column #3: Arceus (Bug Form) vs. Venipede
Column #4: Ledian vs. Paras
Column #5: Accelgor vs. Shelmet

I'm rather indifferent to all of them besides Scizor and Yanma. I don't consider Bug Arceus as a squishy bug.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Column #1: I'm going to settle the score on my favourite Bug-Type here, and go for Scizor.

Column #2: I think a dragonfly is much better than what looks like a moth.

Column #3: Venipede. I can totally see it taking down Arceus. :p On a more serious note, Bug Arceus isn't actually a true bug. Just what I think.

Column #4: Paras. It evolves into Parasect. Nuff said.

Column #5: Shelmet would take all of Accelgor's hits with little trouble and return enough to destroy it, any day.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Discussion

Which new Bug-type is your favorite? Have you used them yet, assuming you have X and/or Y?

Scatterbug, a pure Bug-type known as the Scatterdust Pokemon
Scatterbug.png

Spewpa, Scatterbug's evolved form and is a pure Bug-type as well, and is also known as the Scatterdust Pokemon
250px-665Spewpa.png

Vivillon, Spewpa's evolved form and Scatterbug's final form, and is a dual Bug/Flying type known as the Scale Pokemon
447px-Vivillon.png

Pinsir, Scizor and Heracross also have Mega forms now
mega_scizor_by_theangryaron-d6qxlic.png
27293_MegaHeracross-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg
Mega_Pinsir.png

Last edited:

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
Preferred username [required]: Pilkie
Partner Pokémon [required]: Scyther
123.gif

Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold) [optional]: I am still building my bug team. I'll get back to this when I have a chance to play through X/Y.
Answer the current topic (New topics are not currently available, but feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one) [optional]: I haven't had a chance to play through my Pokémon Y yet, so I wouldn't know about the bug-type pokémon there.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username [required]: Pilkie
Partner Pokémon [required]: Scyther
123.gif

Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold) [optional]: I am still building my bug team. I'll get back to this when I have a chance to play through X/Y.
Answer the current topic (New topics are not currently available, but feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one) [optional]: I haven't had a chance to play through my Pokémon Y yet, so I wouldn't know about the bug-type pokémon there.

Welcome to the club. Scyther's a great choice, both fast and deadly. I would say he's one of my favorite Bug-types as well, used to catch a lot of Scyther in National Park's Bug contest. Take your time with your team, no rush, and I can't wait to see who you choose. :)

Don't forget to vote on the Bug tournament that I still have going on here, as well as with my 3 other clubs. wanting to get down to the last Bug-type to see who's the best of them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
Thanks, glad to be here! As for the tournament...

Column #1: Surskit vs. Kricketot

Column #2: Ninjask vs. Vespiquen

Column #3: Leavanny vs. Silcoon

Column #4: Kakuna vs. Armaldo

Column #5: Burmy (Plant Cloak) vs. Shedinja

Column #6: Metapod vs. Caterpie

Column #7: Ariados vs. Dwebble

Column #8: Burmy (Trash Cloak) vs. Swadloon

Column #9: Durant vs. Combee

Column 10: Beedrill vs. Joltik

(I am voting for the Pokémon highlighted in bold text.)

And for the discussion...

I haven't played much Generation V and VI yet, so I don't know much about them stat wise, but by the look of Scatterbug, I like its first 2 evolutions. The final evolution is good looking, but I think there are too many butterfly Pokémon. I would love to see more variation and originality in Bug pokémon's shapes and forms, like what we see in Scizor, Scyther, Heracross and Pineco.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
Hmm... I'm still not set on the Metapod vs Caterpie fight. Wouldn't Metapod's iron-wall defence easily negate Caterpie's offensive attacks, allowing for Metapod to have more time to slow its opponent with string shot and then go in for the K.O. with its tackle?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hmm... I'm still not set on the Metapod vs Caterpie fight. Wouldn't Metapod's iron-wall defence easily negate Caterpie's offensive attacks, allowing for Metapod to have more time to slow its opponent with string shot and then go in for the K.O. with its tackle?

That makes sense. I am sticking with my vote though. :)

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Are you upset with the lack of Bug-types in the new generation? What kind of Bug-type would you love to see be made?

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in the lack of bugs :( I'd like to see a Bug/Fairy type, I think Scyther could receive another evolution turning into a Orchid Mantis that is Bug/Fairy.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Are you upset with the lack of Bug-types in the new generation? What kind of Bug-type would you love to see be made?

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in the lack of bugs :( I'd like to see a Bug/Fairy type, I think Scyther could receive another evolution turning into a Orchid Mantis that is Bug/Fairy.

Bug/Fairy would be an appropriate combo. What exactly would this Bug/Fairy look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back