• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intro Sprites Editing!

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Im trying to change the rival now.
But I cant find the 2 palette offsets for him.
Like these ones, so its screwed up.
-Bookmark these 2 offsets.
>0046161C - Hero Sprite 1
>004615FC - Hero Sprite 2

Does someone know the Rival Sprite 1 and Rival Sprite 2 offsets for the intro?

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
Im trying to change the rival now.
But I cant find the 2 palette offsets for him.
Like these ones, so its screwed up.
-Bookmark these 2 offsets.
>0046161C - Hero Sprite 1
>004615FC - Hero Sprite 2

Does someone know the Rival Sprite 1 and Rival Sprite 2 offsets for the intro?

I would like to know this as well, along with the female hero sprite and oaks sprite offsets

ME0W

Still busy working on my hack.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for the tut! Know I know how, now time to edit the sprites!

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
I would like to know this as well, along with the female hero sprite and oaks sprite offsets

Heroine Palette 1=00460ED0
Heroine Palette 2=00460EF0

Thats the palette offset for the Female Character.

I still need the rival and oaks as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2009
Thank you for this tutorial =D I'll take a look at it after I'm done with my titlescreen =D I was searching for something like this!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Nice tut, its very self explanatory. BUT...I did have a slight problem.

This probally isn't a common issue but here goes. Well everything went fine the sprite inserted fine but the palettes I threw on it from Photoshop didn't show in game. I saveed the indexed image after I made the sprite look neat, than inserted the sprite. The colors I edited on Photoshop did not show instead it had a different one.I.E I colored the bag green but in game its alot darker and its not green. Is this a problem that needs to be corrected in APE?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Well, I copied the palette number from unlz when I wrote to rom, then pasted it in APE.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Oh I tried that to... but the palettes are different in APE than what it shows in-game. Although when I inserted Red's palettes in PS it showed what it looked liked in the game. So for some reason its using Red's palettes anstead of the customs. Like I colored the bag green but when I inserted it, it was a different color.

Back