• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

find her yet? ✜ HOMESTUCK fanclub

Cid

Years
Welcome to the club, wc! :D Also Gunner, try your best to read the Intermission and not skip it, because wcdaily is right. It's gonna be relevant later on, so you have to at least try reading it even though it feels different from the rest of Homestuck. ^^; It's just as badass anyway, so why skip?

update (02/16/13)
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if lazy would be accurate. I figure it might be because we've had a very recent period of "break for a week then MASSIVE UPDATE" for a while now... I think it's quite nice to go back to normality again (I love the feeling of waking up and checking the update very first thing in the morning).
Ah yeah, I agree. Still, right when you said it, he comes back to the routine of break for a week then MASSIVE UPDATE with the end of that last Act Act. :p

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Haha, I began reading in the summer, I think around the long hiatus where fans were trolling the web about the anime :p So I was surprised when updates began coming daily xD

I think we shall have the return of the spoiler tags, yes ^^ You're doing well in being vague though!
But yeah... I was really looking forward to see what music they'd use :3 Haha, that's my focus, the music. I'm really excited for Homestuck Vol. 10!
Ohh haha, I thought the anime was a huge troll effort, too. Even though I knew the rumors were fake already because I started reading late last year. But yeah, the daily updates surprised me, too! I think I also started reading during a hiatus. :p

Thanks. XD; The music is amazing, so I'm really excited for the next flash because of that, too. <3 I think I should go get a copy of the soundtrack. I didn't even know it was already in Vol. 10. o3o

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So... I just reached the Recap log of Year 1 and had to read it coz I didnt get some of the details before due to the time travel thingies... :/

And so far, things are getting to be more awesome! <3

Cid

Years
I personally went on with reading all the recaps just because I don't really understand everything on the first read. Plus I avoided the fandom like the plague back then because I didn't want to be spoiled, haha. That meant I couldn't look anywhere to get answers if I had a question related to the plot. So in retaliation, I did read all of the recaps. Suffice to say I got a lot of info in reading them! Hussie worked hard for those anyway, so it's also out of respect for the guy.

Year 1 is just the beginning. Wait until you see more! It's gonna be even more awesome for sure. :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Jeez, Cid, do your fingers hurt from all the typing?

Oh, and time paradoxes are the coolest part of the story <3
I (partially) agree with you there! Paradoxes and loops are some of my favourite parts (and you'll get plenty of them still!!)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So, I just reached the End of Act 4 and it was OMFG reaction... And just realized that that entry was published on the 413th day since the series began ~.~

413 is an important number in the series!

Cid

Years
Gotta love them arc numbers. (b'')b Whenever I see those numbers anywhere irl I just immediately get reminded of Homestuck, so that's pretty much why they're awesome and a staple to the series, haha. As for paradoxes and loops, they are pretty interesting but also kind of too complicated at times that it makes theorizing and compiling stuff harder. But yeah, I still enjoy them. :p

Jeez, Cid, do your fingers hurt from all the typing?
That's just dedication, bro. XD; Seriously, if you saw how long my replies were with the Kingdom Hearts-related discussions back in the old Square-Enix fan club thread, what I typed in this thread just pales in comparison, haha. I enjoy this franchise a lot. It's the least I could do to contribute to the fandom.

Speaking of which, I actually wish I wasn't so lazy with joining the MSPA forums. It's been almost six months and I still don't have an account there. ;;

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

update (02/18/13)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
The arc numbers are my favourite, especially how he seems to throw them in as much as he can and it always works.

Response to Cid:
Spoiler:

18-19/02/13
Spoiler:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Guys, new topic!

What's your favorite song on Homestuck?

I mean there's a plethora of songs that can be heard on Homestuck...

You could listen to them here.

Mine is Sburban Jungle. The same one used in the ending of Act 3 and is as of yet my fave.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Before I say anything else - GUNNERPOW, I hope you didn't skip the intermission after Act 3! It's important (or at least interesting) later on. Maybe you'll come back and read it again when you realize that. I know I did. :3

Great topic. I just can't answer it without listing a thousand songs xD But those I like the most are the classic ones that just set the tone for Homestuck and have inspired many later songs. George Buzinkai is probably my favorite Homestuck composer.

Here follows my favorite Homestuck songs and where they were used in case they were used. Oldest to newest:

Three in the Morning - Used when we first see Sn0wman. Several remixes of this jazzlike song have been made and it just fits in with the Midnight Crew and the Felt so well.
Remixes include: 3 In The Morning (Pianokind)

Skies of Skaia - pure beauty. First used when Nanna tells the story of Skaia's battle.
Nice remixes: Song of Skaia, Skaia (Incipishpere remix)

Ballad of Awakening - this song isn't used again from what I remember, but the deep feeling it provides when it is used in the flash where we see Jade dreaming just adds so much to the epicness that you begin to understand that Homestuck is.

Sburban Jungle - yes of course. This made Rose's entrance to the Medium thrilling. It's been used again as part of many songs and drastically remixed in Another Jungle.

DOCTOR - this is my absolute favorite of all Homestuck songs. Hands down. Its remixes are more epic, sure, but this first played when John got to see what his Land was really like and this melody just IS Homestuck for me. Perhaps the most remixed song? There are a ton of less notable remixes, and then there are two special songs where Doctor has been merged with Penumbra Phantasm, a song which has never been completely revealed... Savior of the Waking World, Savior of the Dreaming Dead
Other, more pure remixes can be found on Homestuck Vol.5 but here is one jewel: Green Ghost

Descend - this is an end-of-act flash song which consists of several different tunes. First we have the obvious Upward Movement (Dave Owns), then suddenly we have the melody from Beatdown (Strider Style) and switch into the theme of Black (which in turn is a remix of Liquid Negrocity). All in all, this theme is fantastic, as is its flash clip.
Other remixes of Upward Movement: Terezi Owns, Rize of the Denizens (unofficial but great!)

Temporal Piano - probably a remix of Temporary, or the other way around?. Too beautiful for the Felt, makes you think about what a hard life LE's servants must lead...

Gaia Queen - made for Jade, but never used in a flash. I really love it and it fits well together with the flash where Jade enters the Medium!

Crystalanthology - a feelfull remix of Crystalanthemums, a song that has been incorporated and remixed in many ways. It probably has something to do with Vriska, as she is featured in the images. Only remix used in a flash is Crystalmanthequins, which shows us a bit from the trolls' history and session.
Other notable remix: Crystalmethequins

Even in Death - mystic and strange. Maybe made for grimdark Rose but used when Roxy sleepwalks. Its remix was used to show us a bit of the alpha kids' session.
Remix: Even in Death (T'Morra's Belly Mix)

Calamity - nothing special, never used to my knowledge but still great!

Galaxy Hearts - a really nice tune. Never used, but the feeling it gives off is really nice. Kind of hopeless and mystic at the same time.

Infinity Mechanism - the artist thought about the gravity of the Scratch when they painted the image, and I'm not sure about what the composer thought. But it was used to foreshadow events in the alpha session and give us a feeling of starting off fresh, a new chance, a new Skaia! I really love the epic restart feeling that it gives off. A personal top favorite.

Moonsetter - because it's to pleasant and sad at once, especially when you look at the picture. Never used, but cute.

A Taste for Adventure - it is epic. It fits with the Cascade flash animation! I really hope Hussie makes a flash to this music one day. It would be amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cid

Cid

Years
Oh wow, that's really fast! Act 5 Act 1 is where all the trolls come! Fun times ahead. :D

I don't know what the song names are! I'm a bad Homestuck fan. D: Still, every song is pretty much awesome so I don't think I have to pick out one, haha. Sburban Jungle I actually did just know the name of recently, though! It sounds like the overall theme for Homestuck (or at least Sburb, which is the game that the whole webcomic revolves around anyway, or at least used to), so I really like it.

Also, Rika's post does not deserve being stowed away in the previous page for the 25 posts per page view format (the one I'm using) not only because I seriously have to check out all those songs that she listed and that you guys should too, but also because it's important and too impressive to get treated like that! Therefore, I am quoting her whole post in all its wall of text glory. :p

Great topic. I just can't answer it without listing a thousand songs xD But those I like the most are the classic ones that just set the tone for Homestuck and have inspired many later songs. George Buzinkai is probably my favorite Homestuck composer.

Here follows my favorite Homestuck songs and where they were used in case they were used. Oldest to newest:

Three in the Morning - Used when we first see Sn0wman. Several remixes of this jazzlike song have been made and it just fits in with the Midnight Crew and the Felt so well.

Skies of Skaia - pure beauty. First used when Nanna tells the story of Skaia's battle.

Ballad of Awakening - this song isn't used again from what I remember, but the deep feeling it provides when it is used in the flash where we see Jade dreaming just adds so much to the epicness that you begin to understand that Homestuck is.

Sburban Jungle - yes of course. This made Rose's entrance to the Medium thrilling. It's been used again as part of many songs and drastically remixed in Another Jungle.

DOCTOR - this is my absolute favorite of all Homestuck songs. Hands down. Its remixes are more epic, sure, but this first played when John got to see what his Land was really like and this melody just IS Homestuck for me. Perhaps the most remixed song? There are a ton of less notable remixes, and then there are two special songs where Doctor has been merged with Penumbra Phantasm, a song which has never been completely revealed... Savior of the Waking World, Savior of the Dreaming Dead
Other, more pure remixes can be found on Homestuck Vol.5 but here is one jewel: Green Ghost

Descend - this is an end-of-act flash song which consists of several different tunes. First we have the obvious Upward Movement (Dave Owns), then suddenly we have the melody from Beatdown (Strider Style) and switch into the theme of Black (which in turn is a remix of Liquid Negrocity). All in all, this theme is fantastic, as is its flash clip.
Other remixes of Upward Movement: Terezi Owns, Rize of the Denizens (unofficial but great!)

Temporal Piano - probably a remix of Temporary, or the other way around?. Too beautiful for the Felt, makes you think about what a hard life LE's servants must lead...

Gaia Queen - made for Jade, but never used in a flash. I really love it and it fits well together with the flash where Jade enters the Medium!

Crystalanthology - a feelfull remix of Crystalanthemums, a song that has been incorporated and remixed in many ways. It probably has something to do with Vriska, as she is featured in the images. Only remix used in a flash is Crystalmanthequins, which shows us a bit from the trolls' history and session.

Even in Death - mystic and strange. Maybe made for grimdark Rose but used when Roxy sleepwalks. Its remix was used to show us a bit of the alpha kids' session.

Galaxy Hearts - a really nice tune. Never used, but the feeling it gives off is really nice. Kind of hopeless and mystic at the same time.

Infinity Mechanism - the artist thought about the gravity of the Scratch when they painted the image, and I'm not sure about what the composer thought. But it was used to foreshadow events in the alpha session and give us a feeling of starting off fresh, a new chance, a new Skaia! I really love the epic restart feeling that it gives off. A personal top favorite.

Moonsetter - because it's to pleasant and sad at once, especially when you look at the picture. Never used, but cute.

A Taste for Adventure - it is epic. It fits with the Cascade flash animation! I really hope Hussie makes a flash to this music one day. It would be amazing.
All I can say is, this is a very helpful list for ignorant people like me who have to start getting into the music of Homestuck asap. Thanks, and kudos to you. XD;

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017

I have way too many favourites, but here are a few (I just skimmed over the list and went with which names I remembered were awesome - so I missed out a lot!)
Alternia:
Showdown, Spider's Claw
Alterniabound:
Rex Duodecim Angelus, Killed by BR8K Spider!!!!!!!!
coloUrs and mayhem - Universe A:
GOLD PILOT, Iron Infidel (grew on me), Cobalt Corsair, Iron Knight, Your Universe, Temporal Shenanigans
coloUrs and mayhem - Universe B:
Green Ghost, Orchid Horror, Red Disc, Cyan Beast, Pendulum, WV - Become the Mayor of Cans, Coolkid, Clockstopper
Felt:
English
Homestuck Volume 1-4:
Showtime (Piano Refrain - surprised RHCP didn't mention it :p), Upward Movement (Dave Owns) + Beatdown (Strider Style) + Beatdown Round 2, Sburban Jungle, Doctor, Black
Homestuck Volume 5:
Descend (there are tons of others I just can't remember from the name)
Homestuck Volume 6:
Umbral Ultimatum, Tribal Ebonpyre, MeGaLoVania,
Homestuck Volume 7 - At the Price of Oblivion:
Black Rose - Green Sun, At The Price of Oblivion, Evin in Death, Terezi Owns, Spider8reath, Savior of the Dreaming Dead
Homestuck Volume 8:
Calamity, Unite Synchronization, Scourge Sisters, Even in Death (T'Morra's Belly Mix), CASCADE, I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew (Acapella)
Homestuck Volume 9:
Crystalmethequins, Ugly Betty, Hate You, Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse, Another Jungle, Busting Makes Me Feel Good, Moonsetter, Noirscape
Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido:
Dawn of Man, No Release, Fly, Lies with the Sea, Chain of Prospit, Pumpkin Tide
One Year Older:
FantasyP
THE ENTIRE STRIFE ALBUM.
Symphony Impossible to Play:
I - Overture

...Yeah I definitely missed loads of others.

Now THAT is what I call a music post.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Cid, tehehe thank you <3

@ I like pokemon... you mentioned some songs that I definitely love but they didn't quite make it to my list ;D

Showtime, for instance - It's really important yeah. But I just don't think it's as awesome as Skies of Skaia or Doctor etc. Showtime and Aggrieve are the original strife songs and really nice imo, especially with the original video game sounding "instruments".

Your Universe - aaah, it is amazing, that singer. That. Singer.

English - It took me a while to find this and realize that this was what Caliborn: Enter's song was based on actually! I had forgotten that we had even seen it in a flash (guess which). Really, the whole The Felt album is stunning. Beautiful background music for studying or gaming or anything lol

MeGaLoVania - this is really cool and should have made it to my list, I was just in a bit of a hurry haha. Heard in the flash where one special character ascends~

At the Price of Oblivion - it's just not one of my personal favorites but I know that a lot of people love it :D

Cascade - gawd, I actually forgot this xD But the only part I'd like to call Cascade is the beginning, which is actually a guy called Tensei's remix of the track Descend! It's really good. And the whole track on Homestuck Vol.8 is... 13:14 minutes long. Comprised of Cascade, special version of Flare, special Savior of the Dreaming Dead and special Black Rose / Green Sun.

For some reason I don't like many songs on Vol. 9 :/ They just seem boring and soulless to me, the majority of them at least. Can't wait for Vol. 10, it'll probably have Eternity's Shylock! 8D <- uh, gunner, don't click that link unless you want major spoiler.

I FORGOT THE WHOLE One Year Older ALBUM. O.o It is a really good solo album I think. Favs there are several - Firefly Cloud, FantasyP, Underfoot, and the two best songs which are two of my absolute favorite Homestuck songs (man, that list just keeps getting longer, doesn't it?) are Skaian Shrapnel and Another Chance.

... so much music draveling 8D

On an unrelated note, if you ever feel bored browsing PC, step by the little game I made in Other Trivia. It's called Choose Your Own Adventure! and will probably feature SBURB in one way or another, at least if the posters steer it in a way that makes it possible xD Like MSPA but without images.

Last edited:

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Unlike many people, i don't like Your Universe. Not at all.

i have too much favorites tho

but can i please remind everyone that Do You Remem8er Me from Volume 8 is amazing
if you dont like it go listen Lifdoff instead its basically the same but a bit different (DYRM is a remix of Lifdoff if im right)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Limanya - yes, I do like Do you remem8er me, very much! Mostly because that part of Homestuck was one of the most touching, if not the most touching.

Lifdoff? Really? Now I have got to go listen and see :D
EDIT: it is true!

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Favorite songs off the top of my head are:

Cascade (full)
Black Hole, Green Sun
Blackest Heart
Orange Hat
Emerald Terror
Clockstopper
The Carnival
Unite Synchronization
Purple Bard
Blind Justice
Alternia
Heir Conditioning
Flare
Pilot Light
Even in Death (remix)
Savior of the Waking World
Suburb Jungle
Doctor

Seems like a lot, but considering how many songs there are.. it's not. xD;

Years
OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THIS I'M GOMEN

Topic:
Spoiler:

Update:
Spoiler:

EDIT@Pelippers: The beginning of A Taste For Adventure is actually used in the halfway-past segment of Jane: Enter (that part where it's revealed that "timey wimey shenanigan victims roxy and dirk are from the future" (as stated by my friend I will not name)), so it WAS used in a flash, but not the complete track, which is probably what you meant, but I digress.

Last edited:
Back