• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Oh, well I'd assume they will be available via digital download at a later date I'm sure I read somewhere, I wonder how they will go about sprites.. using the GBA sprites would look strange.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I wonder how they will go about sprites.. using the GBA sprites would look strange.

Steven was already shown to have new, gen 5 style sprite. Rest of Hoenn characters should have new sprites too if they really will appear at World Tournament. Interesting thing is that Steven have old design from R/S/E, even after sprite revamp, so I guess new design is saved for remakes...

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Oh, well I'd assume they will be available via digital download at a later date I'm sure I read somewhere, I wonder how they will go about sprites.. using the GBA sprites would look strange.

I'm sure I read that somewhere as well. I just hope that they release everyone outside of Japan that they release in Japan. It was really annoying not to get all the PokéWalker courses and event Celebi in Australia.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We don't even know if they improved on Steven's sprite. All they could have done was made it bigger to match the revamped trainer style. We have just a blurry picture to use, but his suit seems to be the same, and they did use his old styled art for his portrait.

The one of him holding out his hand with a Pokeball could be part of his animation.

Oddly enough I just realized they didn't post Giovanni's sprite while they still use his Third Gen art too. I wonder if they'll use his FR/LG sprite or his HG/SS sprite

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
My guess is they'll use his gen III look for Giovanni since they used the gen III art work.
I wonder if the E4 will also be in this tournament if so we might see Lorelei and Agatha return along with all of Hoenn's E4.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well original post for it in Coro Coro says Champions and Gym Leaders only. I would like to see the E4 come back, but I dunno. Seems like Gamefreak is honoring just the Gyms and Champs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Maybe, they could still release the E4. I mean like I said the original only said Champs and Leaders, though that's a translation. There are sometimes many ways to translate words and honestly I would love to battle some E4 members again.

Years
Me too, it'll be nice to battle the old Kanto gym leaders who were replaced and the Hoenn E4 (before their remakes). I do wonder if they will have Pokemon native to their region though (Cynthia has all types so she has the most variety possible). If so Lance proably has Dragonite, Dragonite and Kingdra... unless they give him a dragon like Pokemon like Tyranitar like they did in the remakes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
@MRAS: Are you sure Lance had Tyranitar?

It's already shown that Giovanni has HG/SS overworld sprite. Because of that, I think his battle sprite will be also from HG/SS. They used gen 3 artwork because Giovanni doesn't have gen 4 artwork.

Oh my god, I could picture the newer Pokemon fans wondering who the Hoenn gym leaders are. But this seems like the best idea that ever reached Pokemon.

Imagine newer fans seeing them later in R/S remakes: "Wait, I saw you at World Tournament, you're superstar!" lol.

Years
^ I meant a dragon like Pokemon such as Tyranitar similar to how they gave him dragon like Pokemon in the remakes (Charzard) though come to think about it he has always had some dragon like Pokemon on his team...

Yeah the Hoenn gym leaders will be a surprise to people who started with Gen IV and V. I hope they early cameo their new designs.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
^ I meant a dragon like Pokemon such as Tyranitar similar to how they gave him dragon like Pokemon in the remakes (Charzard) though come to think about it he has always had some dragon like Pokemon on his team...

I misunderstood what you meant because your comment was incorrect. Lance didn't receive any "dragon like" Pokemon in remakes. He had Charizard already in original G/S/C. All Pokemon he received in remakes were real Dragon types (Salamence, Garchomp and Altaria).

Years
I found something interesting from the creator of the hack "Pokemon Light Platinum"-http://wesleyfg.deviantart.com/art/Light-Platinum-Influences-305235790?q=gallery%3Awesleyfg%2F36700089&qo=0&offset=0#comments

I actually started in Gen. 3's Emerald (and afterwards LeafGreen came out so that's how I got to know Gen. 1), so i feel a bit insulted. It seems great to me that they're bringing beck the Gen. 3 people and not just Steven. I hope Wallace gets demoted to Gym Leader in the tournament. He shall not deface Gen. 3!

Either way I'm sure Lance's team will come out with good Dragon types regardless of what he had in previous games. A definite is his signature Dragonite. And whatever is in the scans that Cocorro (?) come out with.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I misunderstood what you meant because your comment was incorrect. Lance didn't receive any "dragon like" Pokemon in remakes. He had Charizard already in original G/S/C. All Pokemon he received in remakes were real Dragon types (Salamence, Garchomp and Altaria).

Gunna step in on this since this is my section to moderate. Please do not "Correct" people especially when you misread the posts. Technically no his comment was not incorrect as yes, Lance STILL had Draconic Pokemon on his team in both the original and Remakes although they could have given him actual Dragons to use. He still "received" Fake Dragons for his First team.

Please do not correct people when your own information is not 100% correct as well.

Years
If Lance is to keep his signature Pokemon than Steven will proably have Metagross (I see it as his sig due to him having one in manga and giving you a beldum in RSE and trading one in HgSs), Cynthia will be with her Garchomp too proably.

Speaking of Wallace will Juan appear too... I'm guessing yes though that'll mean four water gym leaders to challenge compared to the three rock, I hope they diversify their teams.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I would say that would depend on if they choose to have Wallace be a Champion or a Gym Leader.

Steven is representing Hoenn as Champion. But if they are doing all games then Wallace can appear just like Blue does (Champion/Gym Leader)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013

I would say that would depend on if they choose to have Wallace be a Champion or a Gym Leader.

Only Steven was shown among other Champions. Wallace wasn't shown but if he will appear at World Tournament, it won't matter if he's treated as Gym Leader or Champion because all characters are said to be "Pokemon Trainers".

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
It's interesting that they refer to them as Pokemon trainers, I wonder if they'll address their titles at any point like before they battle you. For example Cynthia could say "I'm the champion of Sinnoh...etc." or something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back