• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Aura Guardians* Lucario/Riolu Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I updated the sprites and changed droomph's sprite to the PMD Lucario.

I also updated the main page, and will try to update the news once a week to keep you up-to-date on what is going on. Read the main post for all of the other changes, but I plan on being more active on DeviantArt because it's been a long time since I last logged in, and i've started to draw again lately.

Here is another question for the club, i'll add a trivia question next week!

What move represents Lucario and/or Riolu the most to you?
Aura Sphere represents Lucario the most because I think of it as his signature move. It's also just something that goes along with him well.

For Riolu... i'm not sure. I'll come back to this question later.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Force Palm! I know Aura Sphere is a biggy for them, but for some reason that move reminds me more of Togekiss than anything else. But Force Palm is a move that has always reminded me strongly of the Lucario family (I believe it may have been introduced for their family? I might be wrong!) but it seems like the perfect move for a Physical attacking Lucario. It's power and accuracy are good, then coupled with the decent chance of paralysis, it's a very good move. Something so quick, forceful and focussed seems perfect for Lucario since that pretty much describes the Pokémon's character to a T, so that move definitely seems to me like their signature move :3

What do you guys think though, do you think Force Palm was introduced for the Lucario family? I mean, it was introduced into Gen IV with Lucario being the only family to learn it, and it seems like the perfect move for them, but then Pokémon from previous generations like Breloom and Makuhita were given it too so I'm in doubt D:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I'm not exactly too sure since i'm not familiar with most of the moves able to be learned by almost all Pokemon. However, judging how other Pokemon can learn it, I don't think it was exclusive to Lucario's family, so I would have to say no. I could be wrong but that's just my guess.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
For Lucario its Bone Rush or Aura Sphere. Bone Rush because umm well i know it was the Cubone lines signature move but well Its because I'll get back to it. Aura Sphere for obvious reasons. For Riolu Force Palm or Copycat.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Man, I've been away for way too long! But their signature move for me is Aura Sphere. Both of the Pokemon are focussed on their Aura, thus it would be logical if that would be their representing move. Also, I believe I got a blue aura myself..

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Sorry for my absence, i've been occupied with so many other things lately including school.

Anyways, i'll update the google document with the full story in the next few days.

Here is a question for the club:
If you could create a move exclusively for Lucario, what would you name it, what type(s) would it be, and what would it do?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I would probably make something like this:
Aura Shock
Psychic type- Special Move
Power: 70
Accuracy: 95
Description: The user generates a massive shockwave of there aura and attacks with it. This move always paralyzes the foe.

Very cool idea, kinda supports my theory that Lucario should've been Psychic/Fighting too. xD Seems a tad over-powered but Lucario deserves a move like that ;) I'll try think of one!

Name: Radial Cannon
Type: Fighting/Special
PP: 5
Power: 70-300
Accuracy: 90%
Description: The user unleashes a huge cannon of aura at the foe dealing more damage depending on the user's health and must rest on the next turn to regain its energy.

It was inspired by Lucario's final smash move in Brawl... It reminds me of something like a Fighting type Hyper Beam, so that's what I went for in the move. I can imagine Lucario unleashing a huge beam of energy like this, and the hurt = more power thing comes from his ability to deal more damage whilst under pressure/having taken damage. When Lucario's around 5% health, the attack will have 300 power, whereas as full health the attack has 70 power, and so on for the stages in between. It really focusses on the whole aura powers and steely determination associated with Lucario which I hope sums him up pretty well as a Pokémon!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Name: Radial Cannon
Power: 70-300
Accuracy: 90%
Description: The user unleashes a huge cannon of aura at the foe dealing more damage depending on the user's health and must rest on the next turn to regain its energy.

I particularly like this idea for a move, mainly because I can easily see it being used by Lucario often, and even becoming his new signature move.

Aura Shock is interesting too, and it seems like a valuable move since it hits most of the time and always paralyzes. I'm not going to complain about it being overpowered, because Lucario deserves some more powerful moves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm not going to complain about it being overpowered, because Lucario deserves some more powerful moves.

This is true. Based on how powerful Lucario is shown to be and how special it supposedly is, I've always found it weird that it doesn't have a whole punch of powerful signature moves to kick butt with. It's supposed to be this hugely powerful warrior of a Pokémon with immense strength and huge powers of aura, so why doesn't it have the move pool to support this background? It just seems odd to me idk, sort of like they missed a trick here with Lucario? That's the thing that puts me off using this family when I play the games, they just don't tend to live up to the huge hype that surrounded them for so long, it's a real shame :( That's not to say they aren't good though, Lucario is a very strong Pokémon, it should just be stronger in my opinion haha. Anyone agree?

11wildy

Me!
Years
How about put SSBB's Aura Storm as an actual move, fighting type, special, 140 power, lowers Sp atk? Like Draco Meteor, but fighting type!

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Hello, sorry I haven't been active recently, because I was busy doing... stuff. Well anyway, here's my move:
Name: Aura Senses
Power: -
Accuracy: -
Description: The user focuses and dodges every enemy attack for 3 turns, until a move is used.

I was thinking of a protective move for Lucario and I came up with this. :P
Oh and this is good since then you can use items for 3 turns. So yeah.

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Although it doesn't have many competitive uses, I like the idea. But I think I would make it so that it would dodge 50% of the moves, until Lucario uses a damaging move. And then 3 turns max. Just another idea though^^

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
What about if for Aura Senses, his dodge rate increases depending on the amount of health he has remaining? For example, at 100% HP, he dodges 50% of the attacks, then 75% at 50% HP, then 100% at 25% HP or lower. This way it still goes along with his aura powers intensifying as his HP gets lower.

Lucario9129

E=MC2. Time isn't real!
Years
Lucario fan

Hi! I am a big Lucario fan! I am 21 and live alone! Can I please become a member of your club? I want to be reborn as a Lucario! Lol

Last edited:

Lucario9129

E=MC2. Time isn't real!
Years
Ok!

Activeness: At least daily!
Poke'mon Partner: A Lucario named Ocean!
Why: I love Lucario!
Password: Wave-Guiding Riolu

I love the fact that I'm about to be a member of this club! Yes!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Welcome to the club Lucario 9129!

Well you can:

• Answer the current topic question which is: "If you could create a move exclusively for Lucario, what would you name it, what type(s) would it be, and what would it do?"
  • Add on to the club's current story. (I have to update the Google document to keep it up-to-date because it's outdated)
  • Ask a different topic question.
  • Discuss about any other Lucario/Riolu related things.
I'm currently looking for other things this club can do for fun other than questions and discussions all the time. We used to have contests, but we haven't had any in a while. However, I don't mind starting another one if everyone in the club wants one and agrees to the kind of contest it is. (Like if it's a drawing contest, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back