• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Art Online (OOC)

TheRabid

A Random Survivor
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2014
I would love if you could reserve me a spot.

Name: Kevin Maple
Nature: Calm
Appearance: A young pirate with brown shaggy hair. Standing at 5'11 this dusty lad has served his time as sailor of the seas. Like he says a captain is nothing with out his loyal crew.
His Crew:

His first pokemon
Totodile- Calm nature
Bubble, Scratch, Bite, Rage

Hatched from an egg
Magby- Relaxed nature
Ember, Smog, Faint Attack, Fire Spin

Caught in the wild
Aipom- Jolly nature
Scratch, Tickle, Astonish, Tail whip

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I improved my sign up and corrected spelling errors
Your appearance part is still really short. Don't just say that he looks like Steven, tell us what Gale really looks like :)

Also there are still a lot of inconsistencies regarding grammar and spelling. But that'll improve over time as long as you try your best to read through your texts an extra time before posting, right?

Red, Falkner has yet to be defeated, correct? And are you also able to double back through the cave once you get to Route 45/46?
Yes. And yes. You cannot go north to Blackthorn though. There's still a limit to game mechanics.
why can they go to that route? dark cave is one way until you have strength i believe.
Fair enough just curious since its normally late game over there.
That boulder you used to need STRENGTH for is simply gone in MAO. It wasn't meant to be like that, it's sort of a bug. But it'll be dangerous on Route 45/46 since the pokémon and trainers there are strong.

MAO's Johto will continue to be difficult to plan ahead in. Sorry ;)

I would love if you could reserve me a spot.

Name: Kevin Maple
Nature: Calm
Appearance: A young pirate with brown shaggy hair. Standing at 5'11 this dusty lad has served his time as sailor of the seas. Like he says a captain is nothing with out his loyal crew.
His Crew:

His first pokemon
Totodile- Calm nature
Bubble, Scratch, Bite, Rage

Hatched from an egg
Magby- Relaxed nature
Ember, Smog, Faint Attack, Fire Spin

Caught in the wild
Aipom- Jolly nature
Scratch, Tickle, Astonish, Tail whip
Unfortunately, I think we're full up on reservations now. Besides, you didn't really read the first post, I presume :> I hope you'll find another RP to your liking!

@ Retro, I'll post a reply to your situation later today! I hope.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Working on my post right now, and I'm dealing with a little bit of Geoff's morality in this one with another trainer. Hopefully it's interesting!

EDIT: aaaaaaand done

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Just getting into the habit of Uni classes and sorting out internet for the flat. Should have another post up within the week.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Here is my updated apperence-

Avatar Appearance: Gale was designed to be the perfect James, or atleast in appearance. Gale stood at five feet six inches, four more inches thanJames's actual height. His weight was one hundred and twenty pounds which wasmore than James weight. The eye color was a light brown with a green tint. Likehis hair, Gale's hair was also a light brown. Because they did not have James'snatural hair style, Gale had a short, professional hair style.

For clothing he had chosen black jean, and a dark blue button up shirt. Incontrast his shoes where bright neon green. The only reason for that decisionwas the fact that they were running shoes. He hoped that if he pressed the Bbutton he could run faster. James also equipped Gale with a one strap backpack sohe would not ruin the emersion. His backpack was abright red, with small silver feathers for zippers. It had two large pocket anda small side pocket.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Here is my updated apperence-

Avatar Appearance: Gale was designed to be the perfect James, or atleast in appearance. Gale stood at five feet six inches, four more inches thanJames's actual height. His weight was one hundred and twenty pounds which wasmore than James weight. The eye color was a light brown with a green tint. Likehis hair, Gale's hair was also a light brown. Because they did not have James'snatural hair style, Gale had a short, professional hair style.

For clothing he had chosen black jean, and a dark blue button up shirt. Incontrast his shoes where bright neon green. The only reason for that decisionwas the fact that they were running shoes. He hoped that if he pressed the Bbutton he could run faster. James also equipped Gale with a one strap backpack sohe would not ruin the emersion. His backpack was abright red, with small silver feathers for zippers. It had two large pocket anda small side pocket.

Alright you are accepted! Feel free to begin posting in any of the open areas. You have to do the quests to get the pokédex/pokégear and the Old Rod. Just remember to keep your spelling as good as it was in this updated appearance ;)

Btw I feel like I have forgotten to update some captures. Could everyone please check the player list in the first IC post and see if there are pokémon that should be there but aren't?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ macho, I'm not 100% sure. I'm kind of brushing the topic of hunger and sleep in the post I'm typing atm. But I guess I was thinking kind of like it is in Sword Art Online, they don't really feel pain, just some kind of feeling when they get "hurt". A feeling of unpleasantness, perhaps? And if you get really really hurt to the point of where a human body shouldn't be able to take it, the feeling becomes unbearable.

Then again... players in pokémon games aren't usually able to get hurt at all, since pokémon do all the fighting. But it'll be more interesting in MAO if players can die in other ways than by whiting out, don't you think?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I definitely agree, I feel that it could add to the depth of the game as well as the number of possibilities.

Though, on a much smaller scale, would about the general sense of "touch"...well, actually, thinking about it now, I can probably assume how the developers of SAO did it. They created a what every texture would feel like to the player, so as to replicate a believable surreal world.

...Though I'm really thinking of it in a Matrix fashion, but I think that it probably works in similarly. Then again, this is just assumption :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's thrilling (and exhausting) to think about ^^

Also, we just had a discussion on skype and I think we decided on this, regarding battles and life and death.

• You white out if all of the pokémon in your current team faint.
  • You can give away a pokémon, trade a pokémon or leave it in a PC or hand it in at a pokémon center and it will no longer be on your team. You can move around inside a pokémon center without dying even if your pokémon are being healed and are not on your team at the exact moment. Don't go outside though.
  • Players can steal other players pokémon. NPCs usually don't steal pokémon. You can usually not steal a NPC's pokémon. If your last pokémon is stolen, you die.
  • When battling another player, you can choose the number of pokémon to use. You don't have to use all on your team, which makes possible rather safe player vs player battles.
  • When battling NPCs, they have a set number of pokémon on their team and you both battle until theirs or your team is all fainted.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ok, uh. Is anyone still interested in this? I've been busy with exams and university stuff lately, that is an actual thing and reason. What are you guys doing? :3

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I have a post started; just was having trouble finishing it. And had a science competition xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Maybe we should coordinate interaction a bit better. I will make sure to finish my joint post with Skymin and Retro Bug. Sandboxy RPs stay afloat with plots and stories woven together by the players and their actions and interactions. At least that's how I think it should be :3

But if life tugs you in other directions, it's difficult to keep your head in the game and think up adventures. That's my case atm. Durr.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
YES I AM STILL INTERESTED. Me and Retro Bug were waiting for a reply to the joint post?

Back