• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm wondering if we'll even know the type by July...the anime didn't give very good hints, it just added to the confusion. I think we may need GF to tell us what it is...

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'm starting to think that Slyveon might be Bug Type: It has big buggy eyes and is the lightest Eevee. The ribbons may act as an antenae for it. Itslogo on the Eevee and friends thing looks like a Butterfly. And the Egg in its logo could represent a coccoon, as some type of metamorphosis. One thing against this in that Bug has no relation to Electric as its across from Jolteon on that chart. As Eevee is a mammal, a Bug type Eevee won't look like a conventional Bug type so Slyveon fits in perfectly.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am starting to think it is a Flying type because of this picture from the newest Pokemon movie trailer. Look at the image behind it- it is shaped liked an egg which could be related to birds. Also, the design within the eggs look like wings.

Untitled_zps9f7415c1.png

So... yeah, I definitely think it is a Flying type now. Here is the trailer. They show Sylveon at the end.

Last edited:

Years
Actually the "feather" is shaped like it's ear more than a "feather", and it being inside an "egg" doesn't mean much, as Dragons and Bugs lay eggs too. Also the "egg" could be a cocoon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
It kinda would freak me out if it wasn't a new type. I mean, all the other Eeveelutions have looked just like their type, but people are having quite a hard time with this one.

Based on that trailer I would say either Light or Magic type. (That could either be awesome or lame depending on how you read that.)

Edit: I really don't think that the trailer helps much if I can't narrow it down to one typing though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
If GF would reveal Sylveon's species (like how Flareon is the Flame Pokémon), we can almost savely confirm what type it is.

blue

gucci
Years
The fact that they have left it unannounced for so long could may well indicate that they're introducing a new type, it wouldn't be the first time to do it and it would actually kinda make sense at this point imo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The fact that they have left it unannounced for so long could may well indicate that they're introducing a new type, it wouldn't be the first time to do it and it would actually kinda make sense at this point imo.

Only reason I can see as to why they haven't said anything is because its supposed to be revealed in the Mini Movie in July. That's the only reason I see as to why Sylveon doesn't have any more info on it. Doubt its a new type right now.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm starting to think that Slyveon might be Bug Type: It has big buggy eyes and is the lightest Eevee. The ribbons may act as an antenae for it. Itslogo on the Eevee and friends thing looks like a Butterfly. And the Egg in its logo could represent a coccoon, as some type of metamorphosis. One thing against this in that Bug has no relation to Electric as its across from Jolteon on that chart. As Eevee is a mammal, a Bug type Eevee won't look like a conventional Bug type so Slyveon fits in perfectly.
This, 100%. I already stated in another post that I think Sylveon will be Bug type based on the newest evidence, but this is another excellent summary for it.

Cyclone

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
I believe that Sylveon is a Flying type.

Ever heard of Sylph? They're mythological spritis (or fairies) that "ride the wind" and belong to the element of air.

If the name Sylveon has a connection to that mythological creature, then it would be safe to assume that the new Eeveelution is a Flying type.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Only reason I can see as to why they haven't said anything is because its supposed to be revealed in the Mini Movie in July. That's the only reason I see as to why Sylveon doesn't have any more info on it. Doubt its a new type right now.
At this point, even though it's an awfully long ways away, I can see them waiting to reveal its type by the time of the movie's release. Although, I can't say the hype of speculating what it is will be the same by that time. I mean, three months from now, people can only speculate the same thing again and again so much before it just becomes pointless and repetitive. I don't think it'll be a new type, but a new type would certainly make the long wait worth it at least.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Well if a slyph is a flying fairy like creature, then can't the fairy type theory become a possibility?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I can see a Fairy type happening, there are a lot of fairy like Pokemon and it's a type I can potentially see being added and I can see Sylveon being a fairy type. The wing pattern thing could signify this as fairies usually have wings.

Years
Fairies are also associated with nature, and thus far all the eeveelutions are associated with some aspect of nature, water, lightning, flame, forest, glacier, night, day. So it's possible.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I am pro-Fairy type. This was discussed earlier and I honestly think if there had to be a new type and one that could fit Sylveon's appearance, then a Fairy type would be it. It could be a new "special" type and it the next mythical and rare type next to Dragons.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I think you misunderstand your own post. No the special type pattern hasn't been broken. All 7 eevee evolutions are special typed just as they've always been mono typed. Its the same argument. They've been special typed just as they've been mono typed. While there is no possible damage done with them not following it, there's no damage with making a dual typed evolution either. Both have roughly the same chance of happening. But eevee's evolutions being special typed is as true as them being mono typed.

I did not misunderstand my own post, I feel like you're just not getting it. What I was saying is that, especially to newer audiences who've joined later in the series and may not have tried the older games yet, something like each eeveelution representing a different (sole) type is much, MUCH more noticeable than the whole past(key word here too) special/physical argument.

I was not arguing against there being just as much of a chance of dual typing happening, I was arguing that,due to what I stated before about it being less noticeable, generally speaking, it wouldn't be as big a deal. It'd be a lot more passable to ruin that physical/special 'pattern'(which people are more likely to not be as aware of, and wouldn't do any harm) than it would be to ruin something that's much more easily noticed by everyone, whether they joined early or late(each one looking to represent a different mono-type).

Whether or not the arguments are similar is not the point.

At this point, even though it's an awfully long ways away, I can see them waiting to reveal its type by the time of the movie's release. Although, I can't say the hype of speculating what it is will be the same by that time. I mean, three months from now, people can only speculate the same thing again and again so much before it just becomes pointless and repetitive. I don't think it'll be a new type, but a new type would certainly make the long wait worth it at least.

I'm starting to agree with this slightly. If they didn't plan on releasing the true thing until the movie is here, then it would seem they definitely revealed Sylveon way too early. In the end, I wouldn't be bothered if it was either an old or new type, but, if they are holding the final info all that time, I'd be much more satisfied with a new type really.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

Ever heard of Sylph? They're mythological spritis (or fairies) that "ride the wind" and belong to the element of air.

If the name Sylveon has a connection to that mythological creature, then it would be safe to assume that the new Eeveelution is a Flying type.
See an earlier post of mine here.

Now, we know the Japanese name 'Ninfia'

{SNIP}

In French however Ninfia is known as Nymphali = Nymph = Woodland forest creature.

However, when you translate Nymphale (sounding a lot like Nymphali) into English you get 'Pupal'

Which is defined by the English dictionary as:

"The nonfeeding stage between the larva and adult in the metamorphosis of holometabolous insects, during which the larva typically undergoes complete transformation within a protective cocoon or hardened case."
He did change the word slightly, but we don't know what Gamefreak used. So really, it's still in the air.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

You are using the wrong name to associate a type. You'd have to go with the Japanese name which is Nymph which sadly isn't associated with any one specific elemental type.

Well if a slyph is a flying fairy like creature, then can't the fairy type theory become a possibility?

Sylphs are spirits not fairies.

Pokejungle also recently posted that the guy that drew mock ups of Gen 5 Pokemon is saying that Fairy is a new type. They say he has a lot of credit since so far he has yet to be wrong on anything so we'll see.

I did not misunderstand my own post, I feel like you're just not getting it. What I was saying is that, especially to newer audiences who've joined later in the series and may not have tried the older games yet, something like each eeveelution representing a different (sole) type is much, MUCH more noticeable than the whole past(key word here too) special/physical argument.

I was not arguing against there being just as much of a chance of dual typing happening, I was arguing that,due to what I stated before about it being less noticeable, generally speaking, it wouldn't be as big a deal. It'd be a lot more passable to ruin that physical/special 'pattern'(which people are more likely to not be as aware of, and wouldn't do any harm) than it would be to ruin something that's much more easily noticed by everyone, whether they joined early or late(each one looking to represent a different mono-type).

Whether or not the arguments are similar is not the point.

Whether its newer info or not is not relevant. If newer players joined in then they only got a few new Eevee Evolutions depending on when they started seeing as the Physical/Special move split happens in Gen 4 when they introduced Glaceon and Leafeon only. So really they started with 2 Pokemon that has very little relevance to them always being Mono just as them always being Special typed has no relevance since they were special typed in Gen 3 right before Gen 4. Its only been 2 generations since that split, so Special typed pattern is still valid seeing as majority of them were introduced before the split.

You said specifically that them introducing a Non-Special type Eevee Evolution was more possible than them introducing a Dual typed Eevee Evolution. Yes you are arguing against the chances of Eevee's evolution changing. How noticeable it is doesn't change how relevant it is.

And yes how similar the arguments are is the point. Its the exact same argument with interchangeable words.

Back