• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most annoying wild Pokemon?

Years
tympole. I was trying to train in black, and it was the perfect location because of a doctor nearby. they appeared constantly and used supersonic. the thing about supersonic when used by npc's, is that pretty much always hits, regardless of its crummy accuracy, and your pokemon pretty much always hurts itself. zubat are annoying, but they weren't as common and are only in caves. and I LOVE crobat

Boghy12

PoKe Wall
Years
Anything that has the ability "Poison Point" "Arena trap"
Or Zubat in cavez they appear at almost every step
Well its cool if u get a zubat and evolve it in crobat xD
Well the worst i hate tentacool

This one time in HGSS i was around whirl islands to catch Lugia and a tentacool lv 25 appeared
"Run"
"Can't escape!"
I used a body slam with my Meganium
And i ended up poisoned by the freakin' poison point

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2013
The most annoying wild Pokemon in Pokemon Diamond for me is Bidoof, Starley, Geodude, and Magikarp. I swear that Magikarp has to be the most useless Pokemon ever.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I am going to say Zubat. Just because I have hated them since red and blue. I hated them in red and blue and I still hate them now.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Most of the Pokemon you first see in the games fit this...

D/P/Pt: Bidoof.

HG/SS: Oh, gosh, the Zubat...

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Every wild pokemon that at one point I called "annoying" in gen 4 pales in comparison to the nuisance of gen 5's wild pokemon with sturdy.

I guess I would say anything with arena trap or shadow tag.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Graveler and Tentacool were awful! Tentacruel too, because he just kept on leaping out at me on my way to Victory Road! But worst of all, when you're scaling tall grass in the Trophy Garden trying to find, for example, an Eevee, the only Pokemon that you encounter are those damned Staravia and Roselia! Boy, they get on my nerves!

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I have pretty much become immune to Zubat and Tentacool. Running into them is pretty much the equivalent of breathing in HGSS.

I personally hate running into Pokemon that escape using moves like Whirlwind, or, that trap you in battle like Diglett. I can't stand that >_<

Sirfetch’d

Yeah as others have said, Zubat, Tentacool, Geodude, etc the usual ones, but also when chaining Pokemon and one messes it up, that immediately makes it the most annoying Pokemon in existence.

Years
Those Zubats...

Also Bidoof and Bibarel were just annoying, because they just look so stupid. Staravia was annoying as well because I had to look at the intimidation dialog and attack down animation every single time I encountered them.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Overall I'd say Zubat cause they appeared in caves and Sinnoh having one massive mountain in the middle of it, you had to go through caves a ton. Plus they appear in the wild at night in both Johto and Sinnoh. In DPPT I would also say Bidoof at most routes. At the beginning of those games when I'm looking for a Shinx, I spend forever looking for one cause so many Bidoof appear instead.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I have to agree with those who said Tentacool... WHY is this Pokemon in so many of the local dexes? There are tons of water Pokemon, you'd think they'd have varied up the water routes a little bit after a while...

Years
Hands down, gotta be Roselia. Not only is it WAY too common, I always seem to get poisoned by them, making evolving my pokemon a pain in the budew. Graveler and his tendency to use explosion can also get frustrating.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, definitely Bronzor in DPPt. Golbat's even worse because its faster (Therefore harder to escape from) and knows Confuse Ray.

Zubat doesn't annoy me too much, especially in HgSs where it has better sprites. Likewise Bidoof grew on me. Tentacool though, is still irritating.

Oh, and Wurmple. Mainly because it appears in Honey Trees when really I want a Munchlax (never found one, always had to breed Snorlax).

Also, after experiencing the water route and Victory Road in Sinnoh once again: Tentacruel and Golbat. Impossible to escape from, use frustrating moves (poison and/or confusion), and are especially annoying when you're low on money and have to spend it on healing between wild pokémon battles.

Years
biBARELLLLLLLLL!!!!! It often shows up a lot and its Rollout is pretty annoying.

...and its face too but that's not the main reason.

I know that some people will agree with me too.

Back