• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Nuzlocke Team

dontstay96

Grass-man
Years
Hello!
So, I'm playing a Nuzlocke on Platinum and I just defeated Team Galactic on Eterna City, and I'm wondering which ones arr the better choices for my team, my main team consists in Luxio Lvl. 23, Staravia Lvl. 24, Machop Lvl. 22 and I'm curently training a Geodude Lvl. 16, but I caught some interesting pokes, so I'm not sure which one will help me the most, In the box I have a Lvl. 14 Bronzor, a Lvl. 18 Gligar and a Lvl. 20 Onix, so I'm not sure If I should use one of these. Also which pokes should I use later in the game if I have the chance to catch them? It's my first Nuzlocke on this game. Please heeeelp :P

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Don't bother with Onix. Geodude is better due to its better offensive stats and typing (in regards to Steelix). Gligar probably isn't worth training either because of its poor movepool and offensive stats. On the other hand, Bronzor has a useful and unique typing, learns Hypnosis, and seems like it'd be handy to have around.

Also which pokes should I use later in the game if I have the chance to catch them?
Gastly from the Old Chateau is an old reliable (or Rotom). Also, Houndour and Scyther are both very good.

dontstay96

Grass-man
Years
Don't bother with Onix. Geodude is better due to its better offensive stats and typing (in regards to Steelix). Gligar probably isn't worth training either because of its poor movepool and offensive stats. On the other hand, Bronzor has a useful and unique typing, learns Hypnosis, and seems like it'd be handy to have around.

Gastly from the Old Chateau is an old reliable (or Rotom). Also, Houndour and Scyther are both very good.

Thanks! I caught a Gastly in the Chateau, but it's impish and I don't think it's worth using

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Your choices are similar to mine. Luxray has been valuable to my current Nuzlocke (see Signature) and Staraptor has came through with Close Combat and a variety of STAB moves (I recommend Return for Staravia). Machop/Machoke is pretty good too, and with them right moves on it, your team will survive.

If you want to use one of your boxed Pokemon, go with Bronzor. Bronzong is one of the best walls in the game, so it can take more than a few extra hits when your other Pokemon are hurt.

If you want completely new choices, use Gastly/Gengar, Scyther, Houndour, or even Quagsire.

My team for reference:
Empoleon (not sure if you're using Starters. Regardless, Empoleon is a good Special attacker, and a great typing allows it to take hits.)

Luxray (My Electrician. An Electric type is a good weapon. Luxray also has above average Attack, which fits nicely with moves such as Thunder Fang or Crunch.)

Gyarados (Fills a similar role to Staraptor, only it has better Attack and moves such as Ice Fang)

Staraptor (Close Combat and Return. Your typical physical attacker.)

Noctowl (Useless outside of Hypnosis/ some Special moves. Kept because it's Shiny!)

dontstay96

Grass-man
Years
Your choices are similar to mine. Luxray has been valuable to my current Nuzlocke (see Signature) and Staraptor has came through with Close Combat and a variety of STAB moves (I recommend Return for Staravia). Machop/Machoke is pretty good too, and with them right moves on it, your team will survive.

If you want to use one of your boxed Pokemon, go with Bronzor. Bronzong is one of the best walls in the game, so it can take more than a few extra hits when your other Pokemon are hurt.

If you want completely new choices, use Gastly/Gengar, Scyther, Houndour, or even Quagsire.

My team for reference:
Empoleon (not sure if you're using Starters. Regardless, Empoleon is a good Special attacker, and a great typing allows it to take hits.)

Luxray (My Electrician. An Electric type is a good weapon. Luxray also has above average Attack, which fits nicely with moves such as Thunder Fang or Crunch.)

Gyarados (Fills a similar role to Staraptor, only it has better Attack and moves such as Ice Fang)

Staraptor (Close Combat and Return. Your typical physical attacker.)

Noctowl (Useless outside of Hypnosis/ some Special moves. Kept because it's Shiny!)

No, I'm not using starters :P Gyarados looks interesting

Back