• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tnguye3's fakemon sprites! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
I gotta say, these sprites are all nicely done. Some are original and some seems like a fusion but oh well, its all beautiful so..

TWO THUMBS UP THERE MY FRIEND :pink_boogie:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
@DoranDragon
Oh my, nothing gets past through the eyes of pixel masters. :P
TBH yeah I was sloppy with the Grass Bunny's left ear as you can see, I just made a straight line hoping no one would realise... xD

@Rionix
All scratched. ;)

@Mon/Donkeys
Change your theme or try to use different browsers. Happens to me sometimes too. xD

tnguye3

Years
Well, haven't been spriting in a while but yeh.
Here's a legendary for Pokemon New Dawn (argh forgot the name, but it's meant to be the opposite of Parnel, y'know kinda like Groudon and Kyogre or Dialga and Palkia).

So now, we have the ice diety and fire diety. :>
picture.php

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I, no joke, just did a jaw drop. The shading is spectacular, though I feel the fire is a bit too uniform and dull (color-wise). Also, aren't the new BW boundaries 93x93? Because this is 96x96.

tnguye3

Years
@GFA
Nope, dimensions are 96x96.
Thanks for the crit, i tried to make it seem like the fire are its "wings" (the guy still can't fly tho btw) the way that Parnel has Ice as its wings, but i see your point.
As for the colors i thought the bright fire pallette just didn't suit it cause its red body is kinda dark and the colors just looked awkward, but i might take a look later. ;p

Anyways here're the next sprites, for Pokemon Iron and Stone:
picture.php
Twibat

And the backsprite:
picture.php

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Twibat might just be too big for a 64x64-supporting Pokemon hack.
Also, you might want to enlarge its mouth so both of its bloodsucking jaws are visible.

tnguye3

Years
actually fireworks moved from rom based hack to RPG Maker. ^_^
And about the jaw, I think you meant "blood sucking teeth"? xD

Update:
I thought I'd try something new, and here's mah first Mugshot of myself (for my first trainer sprite lol). x3
picture.php

Some crit would be nice, cause I wanna get good with it so i can do mugshots of other people (specifically hack team members).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
@GFA
Nope, dimensions are 96x96.

Anyways here're the next sprites, for Pokemon Iron and Stone:
picture.php
Twibat

It's big - but is it not excessively big?

It diminishes the sense of scale for any random Pokémon to completely fill the sprite canvas like that, unless you plan to draw every sprite at a larger than normal size and make truly large Pokémon fill an even bigger canvas.

At this point, such a large sprite also servers to highlight the lack of any advanced technique going on in the sprite. There are no colour limits to work around when working on a PC platform that uses PNG files to display graphics yet there is a lot here which can be polished by using more colours when necessary.

There isn't a single instance of in-between colours being used to smooth the area where two contrasting colours meet, not even where the white and blue areas on its torso meet. Its eyes are very poorly blended and aren't even outlined - bright red meets a dark blue and a bright white without a single pixel to blend the two areas togther when this is done on official sprites where strongly constrasting areas meet.

Spr_5b_466.png

See how the black bands on Electivire have pixels where they meet the bright yellow body that are a colour in-between yellow and black, as to blend the two areas together.

Spr_b_4d_302.png

This one is a very good example of how large areas of shading can be smoother over with another colour used where the light and shadows meet.

Spr_5b_117.png

A strong contrast between the bright and dark blues on its snout is smoothed out by placing a few pixels between them

Spr_5b_272_f.png

The zig-zagging stripes and green areas are smoothed out as much as possible.

bw_mictest.png

And this thing used in one of BW's menus shows what can be used to make a much larger sprite look nicer.

Where these sprites can get away without using in-between colours to smooth out shades it's often only because they are a lot smaller than the sprite you've drawn here, and they don't have spaces nearly as large filled with colour.

Spr_5b_295.png
Spr_b_4d_119_m.png
Spr_5b_569.png
Spr_5b_380.png

When drawing large eyes it helps a lot to have a well-coloured outline between the face and the eye to give it shape and to define the eyes away from the rest of the face, and often use of darker and lighter colours inside the eyes to give them a smoothly curved shape and blend areas together.

Spr_5b_160.png

In this sprite, Feraligatr's comparatively tiny eye uses 7 different colors.

tnguye3

Years
I can't see any sprites apart from the Jigglypuff which you posted.
In any case since you mentioned electiwire, I followed what you were saying and I'm assuming that you're touching up on "Anti-aliasing".
Yeh I realised that I don't use that technique in any of my sprites, so i might take a look at it and apply it to my next couple sprites.
Thanks for the tip. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2011
How come I can't see anything? I open the spoiler and nothing is there. Just text.

tnguye3

Years
@ W4RP4NDA
Happens to me too from time to time, try using various browsers or clear your cache.
Anyways, spriting a starter line as a request:

Shrubby:
picture.php

Bristledge:
picture.php

Looks kinda rough, but I was sketchy with it (especially Shrubby - lol), and I'm still trying to figure Bristledge's pallete for his forehead/helm thingy. Also tried anti-aliasing on his forehead, but it's just not really my thing so I removed it. Maybe i might try it on the final stage and see how it looks.

tnguye3

Years
@dooku01
Sure, u can use it in ur sigs too etc. as long as I get credit yada yada. ;)

Well, here's the final stage for the grass starter line:

picture.php
Reptedge

EDIT: @dooku01
Just saw your edit, that could be a possible shiny version of Bristledge. ;)

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
Water starter line requested by atif.
The actual starter is not done yet, just the first and final stages, since I thought I'd do it the other way round this time. :P

picture.php
Eelstrom

picture.php
Raiking

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Wow, I really love your fakemon, you should make more back sprites though.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Water starter line requested by atif.
The actual starter is not done yet, just the first and final stages, since I thought I'd do it the other way round this time. :P

picture.php
Eelstrom

picture.php
Raiking

Awww, they are so cute. I love the last one the most. I love how the colors go so well with the Pokemon and how the shading is right on the spot. For some odd reason, the last one kind of reminds me of Sharpedo, but that is not a problem. Great job.

:t354:TG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back