• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swap Meet Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Swap Meet Challenge
GTX challenge event hosted by Sydian and Myrrhman
dates running: 9.24.12 - 10.5.12

333.gif

What better way for challengers to get together this year than training each others Pokemon! You heard me right. In this challenge, you'll be using your fellow challengers' Pokemon. You'll sign up (which has more in-dept explanation later on in this post) and then you need to get your third badge in your game, but make sure by then, you have a party of 6. After the third badge, you'll be trading your team for someone else's team after every badge, eventually ending with your team after the 8th badge, so you get to see what became of your team. So, ready to get this event started? Keep on reading!

548MS.png
Emulator and Wi-Fi Rules
1. If you are playing on an emulator, you can only sign up for games in Gen I - III. If you're playing your actual cart, only Gen IV games will be allowed, as gen IV currently has 5 main games.
2. You will be put in groups of 6 (if we have a problem with sign up numbers, this will change, however the concept will still be the same regardless) and have an assigned letter. This letter will show you when and who you will trade with. The formula will essentially be this:
Spoiler:

3. Remember, you need to have a team of 6 by the time you get your third badge, because after you obtain your badge, you need to trade your team off.
4. When you name your in-game character, please use your username as your name. That way, people can know whose team is whose.
5. You are allowed to hack in 3 Pokemon to add to your team. This is to help prevent all the teams from being too similar since you only have up until the third gym to gather 6. Hack them in at the appropriate level for whatever route you're on.
6. Challenge is finished after defeating the Champion, even in gen II games.
7. Please do NOT post updates! We want the teams to remain a secret. The only update that is mandatory is when you have 5 badges. Just don't post your current team. We only need to know when you sign up, are ready to trade, have five badges, and are finished. Please post your final team however! We'd love to see!
8. When you get your team back to face the Elite Four, you cannot change your Pokemon's moveset through TM or move tutor. HMs are fine and level up moves are fine. But if you change the movesets too much and make them to your liking, you remove a bit of the challenge.
9. HM slaves are allowed.

Note: For emulators, you're going to be .sav file swapping essentially, and not technically trading. Myrrhman will be handling all the .sav file swapping. Make sure you're able to email your .sav file. The email being used is [email protected]!

Don't play on an emulator? Don't wanna do the Wi-Fi trading? Not a lot of time on your hands? Never fear, for we have another version of this challenge for you to play! Aren't you so lucky?​

548MS.png
In-Game Trade Challenge
1. You may only use Pokemon from in-game trades or gift Pokemon. You can also trade over Pokemon from another game or a friend can trade them, however you can only trade a maximum of two Pokemon over. They cannot be in eggs. Make sure they're not too far ahead in level in comparison to what Pokemon you already have.
List of in-game trades & list of gift Pokemon
2. This version of the challenge is for any main game.
3. You must have at least 2 in-game trade Pokemon on your team.
4. Challenge is finished after you beat Blue/Red/Steven/Wallace/Cynthia/Ghetsis/Iris and obtain all gift and in-game trade Pokemon. You don't have to use them all, just make sure you have them.
5. Unlike emu/wf players, you are free to update your progress. An update after obtaining your 5th badge is mandatory.
6. HM slaves are allowed.

Note: If you are too late to sign up for the emulator or Wi-Fi version of the challenge, if you still want to participate, you'll have the in-game version as your only option.

Emulator Sign-Up
Username:
Game: (Gen I-III only)
email:

Wi-Fi Sign-Up
Username:
Game: (Gen IV only)
Friend Code: (edit into your sign up after obtaining it)

In-Game Sign-Up
Username:
Game:

Sign ups for the emulator and Wi-Fi challenges will end at 11:59 on September 25th Central Time (GMT -6). If you want to participate after that, you can only do the in-game version of this challenge. When you sign up, feel free to start your challenge. If you're emu/wf, you'll be placed into groups accordingly. Myrrhman will be running the .sav file swaps for emulator players and if you're doing Wi-Fi, you're kind of on your own to set up trade times with whoever you need to trade with. If you do not have the time for the file swapping and trading, I strongly recommend signing up for the in-game version! Letting down group members isn't nice!

There will be an emblem for this challenge! Just one, since this isn't a competition. I haven't made it yet, but rest assured, I'll get on it when I can. Because of GT being during school, you will get the emblem as long as you get at least 5 badges in your challenge. However, if you're on an emulator or doing Wi-Fi trading, please don't let your group down by ducking out after your 5th badge!

And with that, let the games begin!

In-Game
Spoiler:

Good luck to everyone! Love,
334.gif

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
First sign-up, oh yeah!

Username: NecrumWarrior
Game: Diamond
Friend Code: 0175-8972-3477

This sounds interesting. I'm so excited!

Update! FC added!

Last edited:
Years
1. You may only use Pokemon from in-game trades or gift Pokemon. You can also trade over Pokemon from another game or a friend can trade them, however you can only trade a maximum of two Pokemon over. They cannot be in eggs.

Just a bit of clarification: Does the "egg ban" only apply if they're traded from another game, or does it also apply to eggs you receive from in-game NPC's (i.e. Togepi in G/S/C/HG/SS, the Odd Egg in Crystal, Wynaut in R/S/E, etc.)? Also, does your starter count as a gift?

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Emulator Sign-Up
Username: -ty-
Game: Yellow

Interesting Challenge!

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Emulator Sign-Up
Username: tajaros
Game: Pokemon FireRed
email: [email protected]

You are allowed to hack in 3 Pokemon to add to your team. This is to help prevent all the teams from being too similar since you only have up until the third gym to gather 6.

Just to be clear with this can the hacked Pokemon be at any level? :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just a bit of clarification: Does the "egg ban" only apply if they're traded from another game, or does it also apply to eggs you receive from in-game NPC's (i.e. Togepi in G/S/C/HG/SS, the Odd Egg in Crystal, Wynaut in R/S/E, etc.)? Also, does your starter count as a gift?

Eggs are banned when trading from another game. In-game eggs are fine. Starter is a gift.

Just to be clear with this can the hacked Pokemon be at any level?

Well, I wouldn't want you hacking in a level 65 Horsea on Route 2, so as long as it's the appropriate level for that route, it's fine.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Wi-Fi Sign-Up
Username: Alternative
Game: Soulsilver
Friend Code: -

Tbh, this challenge sounds like fun. ^_^ Are there going to be some sort of restriction for wi-fi trading, seeing as the champion is a lot higher level in DPPt than HGSS. It would give some people more of an advantage or disadvantage.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Tbh, this challenge sounds like fun. ^_^ Are there going to be some sort of restriction for wi-fi trading, seeing as the champion is a lot higher level in DPPt than HGSS. It would give some people more of an advantage or disadvantage.

Didn't really think of that, but it shouldn't be too big of an issue. If a HG player trades a Plat trainer's final team back and it's underlevel, catching up in Pt isn't a big deal with the Vs. Seeker. And some people may not train as high leveled as others. Depends on what someone does with your team while they have it, really. You're at their mercy.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Wi-Fi Sign-Up
Username: Kenshin5
Game: Heart Gold
Friend Code:

Hopefully I can actually demonstrate enough activity too do this, sorry in advance if I am not able to complete this.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just a note to WiFi players, please try to get your FC asap. When you have it, edit it into your post and, if you can, send me a VM so I can make sure I don't miss anyone's cause I'll need to edit it in the first post for other players' convenience when trading.

11wildy

Me!
Years
For the in-game challenge, can I also do it on an emulator and hack in 2 Pokemon as my trades? Since especially Ruby and Sapphire have a low amount of gifts and trades. And does the Game Corner count as gift?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Stupid internet.

@Alternative: Yes, you can post small updates, just don't reveal whose team you have or what is on it.

@Wildy: No, hacking defeats the point in a challenge with only gifts and traded Pokemon. The extra traded Pokemon were meant to have a different OT than yours. Game Corner Pokemon are bought with coins and not technically gifts, so no, they don't count. Sorry.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have opted to play without animations, and on set in order to save a little time. I should be able to post my FC today.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Alright, but that did not answer the question if I can do it on an emulator or not, but without trading with other people, since I will probably try to clear the game in 1 shot whenever I got a few free hours.

And I'm still trying to puzzle out a possibility to monotype this XD

It would be possible if I could just keep an ingame traded pokemon in the team, but not use it in battles.. Is that allowed? :)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Just got my FC. I added it to my sign-up. I hope more people sign up before this closes...

Quick question. Is it alright if I download from Pokecheck in place of actually hacking? I don't have a real way to hack and hatching a lvl 1 from my other games will take too long. I promise not to use perfect Pokemon, no guarantees on shininess though...

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Alright, but that did not answer the question if I can do it on an emulator or not, but without trading with other people, since I will probably try to clear the game in 1 shot whenever I got a few free hours.

And I'm still trying to puzzle out a possibility to monotype this XD

It would be possible if I could just keep an ingame traded pokemon in the team, but not use it in battles.. Is that allowed? :)

I feel like I speak for Syddy when I say that you may use an emulator. The only somewhat sensible argument that I've heard why you shouldn't use an emulator is that it "takes away the pain of having to train for hours and hours, and with the speed up button you can get it done in a couple of minutes, so you're less likely to give up." And we don't want you to give up, that's just stupid.

Tl;dr yes, you can use emulators, just no hacking yadayada.

Back