• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It looks like Mega Magcargo is the worst of the four, because it doesn't say anything about increasing its speed, which he's still slow and vulnerable to its three most common weaknesses.

It honestly isn't too bad, in my opinion. Magcargo's Special Attack got increased, so when it uses moves such as Hidden Power, Lava Plume, and Flamethrower, it'd be able to deal a heavy amount of damage to the opponent. Also, it has the Flash Fire ability, so when you're expecting your foe to use a fire-type move against you, you could always switch to this Pokémon and have the power of its own fire-type attacks risen by fifty percent. d:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Welp, it's been confirmed that the list for the other Mega Evolutions from a few days ago is a fake by the creator of said list at 4chan. I could link the board to provide more evidence, but it'll be 404'd soon by the time the CoroCoro leaks are out.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
You know didn't serebii said that the thing Smash was going to show was a secret of MegaEvolution right? Which by the way it's worded sounds like it's not only Mewtwo...and if the rumor of it having a more "pure" stage makes me wonder if the other Megas will too...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I like the idea of another eeveelution. It makes sense because they always have two new Eevee forms when they decide to make more eeveelutions. They also are always one stronger against the other. This means that there are two options. Eevee fans get their dragon Eevee or they get whatever type will be strong against fairy. Many suggest poison. Either way it's going to be awesome. For all we know, it could be another type that's good against fairy.

I don't think they will reveal a new type this late, but if there ever was going to be another type in the future I hope is Alien type. I know people may prefer Sound type, but Alien type just seems like a more interesting concept with Deoxys' existence. It could be like Dragon type in a way, where is very powerful but very rare outside of legendaries.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If they were to introduce another type, then I would actually like to see plastic, which would be super-effective to fire-types and immune to electric. This type could be given to Pokémon like Voltorb and Electrode. A dinosaur-type would also be cool. It'd be kind of similar to dragon, but it wouldn't be weak to ice- and fairy-types. It would be super-effective to rock instead. All Pokémon that are born from fossils could be a part of this type. (:

Last edited:
Years
If they were to introduce another type, then I would actually like to see plastic, which would be super-effective against fire-types and immune to electric. This type could be given to Pokémon like Voltorb and Electrode. A dinosaur-type would also be cool. It'd be kind of similar to dragon, but it wouldn't be weak to ice- and fairy-types. It would be super-effective against rock instead. All Pokémon that are born from fossils could be a part of this type. (:

Actually it would make more sense if fire was super-effective against plastic.
If it was up to me, a new type would be sound, which is kind of unofficialy exist...

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
you do realize that magcargo is in no way supposed to be fast right? im personally okay with this.

I agree: Once he's a bulky defensive Pokemon, speed isn't entirely necessary. A mega evolution could see him improve both his defenses and Spc.Attack better though, which wouldn't be bad :)

Are we going to have better names for the Megas than just "Mega Mewtwo", for example?

Years
I agree: Once he's a bulky defensive Pokemon, speed isn't entirely necessary. A mega evolution could see him improve both his defenses and Spc.Attack better though, which wouldn't be bad :)

Are we going to have better names for the Megas than just "Mega Mewtwo", for example?
It's practically confirmed that all of them will have Mega in their names...
However for Mewtwo we should start reffering to it's Y Mega as Mega Mewtwoy and X Mega as Mega Mewtwox

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I wouldn't mind if that list were to come true. While I can think of others that can use the Mega Evolution mechanic, the ones on the list are great.

Also, I just want to remind everyone how accurate that rumor back in May is... First Fairy type, then Mewtwo having two forms being activated by items, then the professor giving out the Kanto starters, Sky Battles, EV Training facility... one of the very few things from his initial rumor that is still left unsaid is dual-typed attacks... I hope this is the one he screwed up on and doesn't become an actual thing. There's still the fact that the game could have changed drastically between MAy and now.

Edit: It was May, not February

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wouldn't mind if that list were to come true. While I can think of others that can use the Mega Evolution mechanic, the ones on the list are great.

Also, I just want to remind everyone how accurate that rumor back in May is... First Fairy type, then Mewtwo having two forms being activated by items, then the professor giving out the Kanto starters, Sky Battles, EV Training facility... one of the very few things from his initial rumor that is still left unsaid is dual-typed attacks... I hope this is the one he screwed up on and doesn't become an actual thing. There's still the fact that the game could have changed drastically between MAy and now.

Edit: It was May, not February

He was wrong about the professor though. Sycamore according to the rumor was not the regional professor which has long since been stated to be false.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
If by dual-typed, they meant attacks that change in type depending on certain conditions, then I'm okay with it. I just don't want an attack to factor two types simultaneously in the damage output. I can't give a compelling reason why I'm against it, but it would just make things weird.

And, I noticed he did indeed list two professors... Patrice was the one that's been false. So, I guess the "main" rumor has a bit of fallacies to it. I wonder if the cat Pokemon we've been shown is really Espurr, the one he listed. Oh, and the evolution methods to Malamar and Pangoro have been proven true from an official Spanish magazine.

Last edited:

Years
If by dual-typed, they meant attacks that change in type depending on certain conditions, then I'm okay with it. I just don't want an attack to factor two types simultaneously in the damage output. I can't give a compelling reason why I'm against it, but it would just make things weird.

And, I noticed he did indeed list two professors... Patrice was the one that's been false. So, I guess the "main" rumor has a bit of fallacies to it. I wonder if the cat Pokemon we've been shown is really Espurr, the one he listed. Oh, and the evolution methods to Malamar and Pangoro have been proven true from an official Spanish magazine.

You know that magazine also points out that there's a lot of more legends and Kalos...the words 'a lot' makes me think we'll in for another 13-14 if not more...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I'd be really disappointed if there are no other evolutions to older Pokemon besides Sylveon. Mega Evolutions shouldn't ruin it! I want my Dunsparce, Seviper, Sigilyph, Palpitoad evolutions!

Btw, what is wrong with Chespin's Evo? Volleyball Pokemon xD
(Pokéxperto was again right with some names, Chespin's Evo's name is correct.)

Years
I'd be really disappointed if there are no other evolutions to older Pokemon besides Sylveon. Mega Evolutions shouldn't ruin it! I want my Dunsparce, Seviper, Sigilyph, Palpitoad evolutions!

Btw, what is wrong with Chespin's Evo? Volleyball Pokemon xD
(Pokéxperto was again right with some names, Chespin's Evo's name is correct.)
I'm guessing the rest of the names are correct too. I hope that the speculation of one of the names refering to an ice wolf is true...I want one so badly.

blue

gucci
Years
If those names turned out to be official then odds are the Dual-typed move rumor has a high change of being true too, supported by the fact that some already revealed moves i.e Parting Shot and Geomacy that already have assigned types are listed as unknown "???" in the latest issue.

Back