• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

connected to: "geturownwifi"

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What do you name your Wi-Fi? Many people name their Wi-Fi access points to show uniqueness and to get rid of the boring WIFI1234567 default name. In my neighborhood, we have crazy names like the one in the title, and the famous "Five Dollar Internet" which is right around the corner. xD

I named mine "Destiny" because the internet is a world of destiny. It's been that way since we moved into the neighborhood, and haven't bothered changing it since.

What's everyone elses? :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
We don't have a special name for our Wi-Fi and it's just 2WIRE130 which is the stranded name it came with. Boring , I know, but I don't think anyone in my family can come up with a good name for it. If I had my own Wi-Fi, I'd probably name it after something I like such as a Pokemon or music artist.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I don't, but meanwhile in the rest of the neighbourhood...

Spoiler:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My home wifi is named valhalla as it follows our theme with our computers which are named THOR, ODIN, FREYJA, and BALDR. My phone's wifi hot spot is named NSA Wireless Monitoring Device. :D

Years
Spoiler:

That's a list of the wifi spots that I'm able to pick up here around my neighborhood.. and if it isn't obvious, "FQVU4" is my SSID. It's the default one that came with the router.

Years
My current network is named "sl0wp0k3". Within range currently is a network called "JUST_D0_IT". Somewhat relevant, but not a WiFi name, I've named the router that sl0wp0k3 is broadcast from "Ruinous Connection", but nobody sees that except for me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
"Other Network"

I don't broadcast my SSID. I usually just call it tc-<location> internally.

droomph

weeb
Years
there's one called "baguette" around here.

And since everything is hooked up already, we can't change ours (at least I don't know how :\) so it's just NETGEAR99-5G. ew.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT. I shouldn't really change the "5G" but now the other one's "bacon".

Last edited:

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
chenzhennedewifi meaning Jeanne's wifi in chinese.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't usually name my network, but I'll do it if I have to. The last time I had to name my Wi-Fi connection was when I was setting up a mobile hot spot app on my Android, haha. Since I was drinking lemonade at the time, I ended up naming it "Lemons."

Years
I've named it a lot of things over the years....Wayne Enterprises was one, Stark Industries was one....#TheStrugglenet was one...

Currently, it's just LuckyTiger though.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Right now it's the default name, which is PLDTMyDSL, but there's a lot of funny and creative Wi-Fi names in our building. There's You shall not connect (which obviously has a password), The girl with the pink laptop (I've never seen her but I hope I will!), and AWildConnectionAppeared.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
The default name for mine was Bob and it remains Bob because I'm too lazy to change it. On the plus side, it makes finding my wifi a whole lot easier because everybody else's around here has a bunch of numbers tacked on the end. Someone's is called "BTUF" and I think it's my co-worker's husband because he's notorious for telling people to ball 'til they fall.

Back