• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
that "bug" event seems to be actually an event from FR's lost cave on sevii isle 5.
He even says the same things.
I have no idea why he is a blackbelt.
in FR she was lady selphy(i think) who would give you something if you found her and battled her. She would then warp both of you to her home and give you something (i think)

No.
Lady Selphy Is a lady on Treasure beach.
She is in her house,
The only one on Treasure Beach..
And you go in and talk to her,
She says she wants to see a random pokemon,
Then if you show her one she gives you a prize.

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
There's no one on Treasure Beach. Treasure Beach is below One Island. Maybe he had a script planned and a level script got in the way. Zel, did you see this glitch?

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
that "bug" event seems to be actually an event from FR's lost cave on sevii isle 5.
He even says the same things.
I have no idea why he is a blackbelt.
in FR she was lady selphy(i think) who would give you something if you found her and battled her. She would then warp both of you to her home and give you something (i think)

Ah, you mean the girl in the weird cave where you get stuck whole the time. Then at the end, there is this girl who first wants to battle and then wants to go with you out of the cave..

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2008
Hey Zel, regarding Jirachi, do you need a specific Pokemon in your party to get him? And can I ask if Jirachi is located near the Pillar of Wishes?? Thanks!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yes but i need to save if i defeat the E4 if i cant save i can't go further..
I tried downloading a new emulator didnt work.. putting my flash on 128 doesn't work, like 20 fire red roms all didnt work ..
god hates me

Do you remember that as long as you have a .sav or .sa1 generated before making the change on VBA, the problem will persist no matter the rom. The thing is: close the emu (this'll generate a wrong save file), then delete the .sav or .sa1 of the rom. Then open the emulator again, make sure the Flash128 option is enabled before loading the game. If all is well, then proceed with loading the game. That should work. If not, man, you really have a problem with something in your emulator.

Hmm, just thought I'd check about this.

Okay, the new music thats been put into Shiny Gold, for some reason, the Maho town and Carlos common theme are very low in quality and have crackles.

I just thought I'd check whether this is a problem on my end, or its actually something to do with the game.

They are not good quality music, like Nintendo does. It'll be improved some more, but anyway, I want you people to remember that this is a hack, not an official game made by a big company, so if you want something with top quality everything, you'll be making a mistake with SG (besides, I hope you remember this is my first hack... :P)

I thought I'd add to your known evolution chain:
And I found something strange, I dont know if anyone else did so I'm leaving it in a spoiler.

The thing is both evolve by happiness, the lv is something irrelevant.

I can ensure you, Zel that this bug is real I have experienced it to, though it's not in the house where people pray, but in this one:

pokemonshinygoldum3.png

Now some screenies of the event:

pokemonshinygold1dd5.png

Before the battle:

pokemonshinygold2xz6.png

He has a lv 75 HITMONLEE with very wierd moves and a lv 73 STEELIX

After the battle:

pokemonshinygold3rf2.png

Last screen before the game crashes:

pokemonshinygold4zx5.png

Thes images are not edited I can ensure this is real!

All of that means one thing: The map I used for Lavender's Name Rater house is that cave map in the sevii isles, and just with my evil luck, I picked the one that has a level script that messes the game. The only weird thing is that it still doesn't happen to me, so I guess it's just that I haven't triggered something on my game and some of you did. Well, I'll remember to disable the level script there. Thanks.

rups284: Well, I guess it's ok to say that you need a free slot in your party to receive it. However, that's not all there is to it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
nice to see such progreson shiny gold keep it up this is 1 of the 2 best g/s/c remakes only i suggest 1 thing
you cant enter trick house before you beet the 2nd gym a lvl.8 against a lvl.16 is a bit to high don't you think.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2008
Is there a way to import your save from b4 to b5? When i patched it i had to start all over from the beginning again.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
Years
They are not good quality music, like Nintendo does. It'll be improved some more, but anyway, I want you people to remember that this is a hack, not an official game made by a big company, so if you want something with top quality everything, you'll be making a mistake with SG (besides, I hope you remember this is my first hack... :P)

Oh I wasnt criticizing the music, I just thought I'd check because my DS is relatively new and I havent used it much, and I was hearing crackles at random areas, it was more of a precaution for me incase I needed to return it.

Some area's of new music though are sounding great however.

Olumuyiwa

Ultimate Trainer
Years
Oh I wasnt criticizing the music, I just thought I'd check because my DS is relatively new and I havent used it much, and I was hearing crackles at random areas, it was more of a precaution for me incase I needed to return it.

Some area's of new music though are sounding great however.
Please don't tell me you bought this on your ds, because if you did then it's a fake
-Olumuyiwa-

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

It's a fake, download B5!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hes talking about returning his DS. I think what hes saying is he put it on a Flash Card and played it on his DS. Once he heard the cackling, he thought his DS was messing up, so to find out if he needed to return it, he was asking about the music.
Thats what I get anyway.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Hes talking about returning his DS. I think what hes saying is he put it on a Flash Card and played it on his DS. Once he heard the cackling, he thought his DS was messing up, so to find out if he needed to return it, he was asking about the music.
Thats what I get anyway.

Oh... I guess that's okay with me then. It ain't your DS pal, use another card.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Shiny Gold on Cartridge

I have Shiny Gold Beta 2 on cartridge. I know you get into Olive City with the exception of the lighthouse. What I need to know is can you advance east from Ecruteck and head for Route 42 and Mount Morter. If you can how far can you get before something stops you.

Also has anyone had trouble saving when playing Shiny Gold on cartridge?

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find an old walkthrough for Shiny Gold that only goes up to Beta 2.

Last edited:

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Sorry if it has posted before-i want to ask some things.
1.Firstly i have won all 4 gyms after the E4,in Johto, but when i look on dirk123's walkthrough he says that prof.elm will call me when i get to cerulean and the ship will go in vermilion,but nothing has happened.I went to cerulean,won the guy in front of the gym and there's nothing in it.I searched all cerulean but prof.elm never called me.
2.Also i got the ghostbuster but the ghosts dont go away
3.In Fuschia if you go to the safari zone Team Rocket steals your pokemon and i cant find a way to get them back.i searched all the "reachable" area that you can go without pokemon.
Why are these things happening?I can't do anything else on beta...

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Can you PLS tell me the post or the person that fixes it?Is very difficult to find the post in 57 pages.Thx!

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Thank you very much :D If you know how to fix the other problems too tell me. Thx :D

Years
ok so i decided to switch back to version 5 again even tho i've had problems with it, i think it was just the menu problem but i guess it's fine now, i just have a few questions......

1. How do u get misty to return to her gym? i can't find out how and i haven't played my actual gold version in ages, i only played pokemon again cuz of this hack and plus i play it on my fone rather than using PC......

2. i know u can find mudkip in the cave at azalea town, i forgot wat it's called but it's the one where u find lapras, but i've spent almost a full hour there and couldn't find it, do u surf on water or fish?? and wat part of the cave cuz i've tried everywhere.....

3. so i got the GS ball after arriving at vemeleon city, do i give it to kurt? Well i tried but he's always busy making the pokeball, i never got to get him to make me a 2nd one cuz he's always stuck at making the first one.........i want a Celebi :( that's the only pokemon i don't have in the actual Gold version i own......

4. How do u get to power plant? There's a ghost there, and i can't get that ghost identifier thing, silch co or something??

Thank you very much :D If you know how to fix the other problems too tell me. Thx :D

oh as for ur problem in Fuscia where team rocket steals ur pokemon, just go to the very bottom tree and just keep clicking on it and then koga will show up and cut it down for u.

as for the ghost, i'm not sure which one ur talking about, as u can see above i'm having the one in Cerulean city, the one where u have to go right to reach the power plant......

and about ur professor elm thing.....i don't quite get it, wat was it??

Last edited:
Back