• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
My work schedule is tough: Monday to Friday I get up at 4:45 am, to get ready and be in the company at 6 am (my time of entry). We regularly go out at 3:30 pm, but if there is much work, I stay on occasions until 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm. And once a month, I have to go on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Coming out of working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I go to my Master's classes.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
School is something you have to stick with or you'll be fighting an uphill battle to get back into the pace of it. Everyone I know who's taken a gap year or something similar hasn't been able to seriously get going again.
Having overcome two gap years and getting into my favorite major (architecture), I wouldn't be so sure of it. It all comes down to determination-whether you want to keep going or not.

Also, deja vu.

Years
I think if Post-Secondary options were more popular/easily obtainable, this wouldn't be so much of a big deal. The adjustment between college and High school, that is.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I generally find that my work isn't too difficult, it's just time management that can be hard to properly do. I think with the proper time management, even a difficult level of work can be easy to manage if you can balance it out with recreational stuff so you don't burn out. I know I've managed to keep on top of my work this semester because I've done a better job than usual with time management. Despite the work, it's definitely worth the investment.

Also,

Having overcome two gap years and getting into my favorite major (architecture), I wouldn't be so sure of it. It all comes down to determination-whether you want to keep going or not.
This.

I was tackling a three year gap by the time I started college and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. College (usually) only gets difficult for me when I don't apply myself enough, though there are those times I just...get hit with a ton of work that makes me want to cry. If a person really aspires for something, you'll get it because you'll want to put in the amount of work you must to have that goal become a reality.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
Years
Im a junior in high school. I slack off a lot, so I sometimes dont get my work done. Its a goal of mine to be able to actually try and get good grades.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
Years
I guess. Im doing better this year, so far I believe I have an A in everything except for Physics.

Years
I guess. Im doing better this year, so far I believe I have an A in everything except for Physics.

Contrary to yourself, in high school, physics was the subject I was the best at, complementing maths and chemistry. I loathed biology, as well as philosophy and sociology. The way our teachers addressed those subjects was utterly unappealing and dementia-provoking (yes, to that extremity!).

My advice to you is as simple as concentrating and successively doing your homework assignments. Worked out for me great after a series of slacking off and disregarding assigned homework.

Oh, and I eat snow. A lot. Well, when I was a kid, I did.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I'm only in 7th grade although I do do algebra and so far the work hasn't been too hard. Not much homework or anything and it's nice. I bet it seems easy to me because I'm only taking 1 high school class. xD Ugh I'll be taking Algebra 2 when I'm a freshman. ;;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Chances are you won't struggle too much in high school either, tbh. You seem smart, so maybe you'll overload with higher classes and struggle senior year or something but it's not as hard as it may seem. :P

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
I'm only in 7th grade although I do do algebra and so far the work hasn't been too hard. Not much homework or anything and it's nice. I bet it seems easy to me because I'm only taking 1 high school class. xD Ugh I'll be taking Algebra 2 when I'm a freshman. ;;

Oh god, Algebra...I...those courses were a nightmare for me. When it comes to math, I'm not the brightest bulb, or the sharpest knife when it comes to math, I'm pretty much awful at it. I could never ask my parents for help because they were like me. I hated math, and loved Social Studies/World History.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm really good at everything. I always got A's on tests, and never once studied for them.

Big projects and essays were the bane of my existence though.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
Oh yeah we had a quiz today. It was easy... I think or maybe I just got things confused and I was doing stuff wrong.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
I'm really good at everything. I always got A's on tests, and never once studied for them.

Big projects and essays were the bane of my existence though.
That sounds like me :P 'though I'm thinking about just attending my Calc. class for nap time and study on my own. My professor sucks =.= It's the only class that's really been a pain to me :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
All this school talk is making me miss school already xD. I'm on a break right now and don't go back till Tuesday. lol

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
All this school talk is making me miss school already xD. I'm on a break right now and don't go back till Tuesday. lol

My next break is Fall Break which only lasts a few days and it's coming up in a few weeks.

The two big college breaks are End Semester 1/Winter Break which stretches from mid-December to mid-January, and End Semester 2/Summer Break which stretches from mid-May to late-August.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Lucky duck! I'd love to get out of class :/ Fortunately though... this year marks a lot of ends for me :P

I'll be finishing all the math and history I'll need. And I'll only need one more English. The rest is just a lot of science which I can take down easy ^-^

Years
My next school break happens to fall on Columbus Day, I think, and if not Columbus Day, my next day off is for sure the 21st of October (1 DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!) for an Education Minnesota convention, since I attend a school staffed by union teachers. Other than that, there's nothing until the week of American Thanksgiving (not to be confused with Canada's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back