• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YEAH DRAGONITE

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
I can't believe one of the main characters in the show finally got a dragonite! I've been wanting this since the 1st season of the whole show!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Sorry to say this, but we've known that Iris caught a Dragonite since the episode aired in Japan. Just to let you know, the episodes air in Japan first before the US.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yes Jap. is about 17 episodes ahead of us that they air. About 20 episodes ahead of us with the titles revealed. But I never liked the idea of a normal main character catching one. But I am glad Iris caught one because she is trying to become a Dragon Master.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Sorry to say this, but we've known that Iris caught a Dragonite since the episode aired in Japan. Just to let you know, the episodes air in Japan first before the US.
Not everyone watches Subs so don't assume they do... The topic is about Iris Dragonite, not about how long we have known the fact.

This being said this is more suited for character discussion.

And to answer the question of the topic I can't believe it either. It seems as though she really didn't deserve it at that point, and why not give her Hydregion or have the Deino be here go to Dragon after training? At least that way they are promoting Unova pokemon. When I saw Iris with Dragonite too me it just relected on her inadequateness as a Trainer which is why I didn't think she deserved a powerhouse like that at that point in the Saga. At least work on Axew a little bit instead of throwing in Dragonite.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am still hoping she catches a Deino or something in it's line. But with the current arc ending soon and Pokemon League being over in about 2 or 3 months,I don't see it happening,unless an arc happens where they stay in Unova after the League.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Not everyone watches Subs so don't assume they do... The topic is about Iris Dragonite, not about how long we have known the fact.

This being said this is more suited for character discussion.

And to answer the question of the topic I can't believe it either. It seems as though she really didn't deserve it at that point, and why not give her Hydregion or have the Deino be here go to Dragon after training? At least that way they are promoting Unova pokemon. When I saw Iris with Dragonite too me it just relected on her inadequateness as a Trainer which is why I didn't think she deserved a powerhouse like that at that point in the Saga. At least work on Axew a little bit instead of throwing in Dragonite.

Eh, my bad; sorry, Kenshin.

Anyway, I was surprised that Iris caught that Dragonite, as opposed to merely helping it out. I also liked its character development, as it wasn't so ready to listen to Iris for the first few episodes it was with her. Dragonite obeying Iris, then disobeying her again was an interesting twist, IMO.

Back