• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
What I think of your hack:
Mapping:Okay, not bad, you can still improve that.
Story/Scripting: So far actually good. I´m not an experienced hacker and I didn´t finish the hack yet, but I really like some of your ideas.
Graphics: I HATE THE GRAS! Sorry, don´t wanna insult you, I just hate the gras you put there. Some may like, I don´t :D
Jessie & James looked not good enough yet, also why do they give you their Meowth actually?
What I liked are the sprites of Team Rocket. What you could add is "gender recognition": the policemen called my beautiful Rocket girl a man, not very nice :)
I´m not sure if you did that with purpose or not: First of all, why did you choose Grimer as a starter? I think you can find a better one maybe. Besides, as I said above? Are your Pokemon meant to be not that strong? Since you´re a grunt who just started?
Don´t wanna discourage you, I want to encourage you: There are already some nice ideas and I would love to play the hack when it´s finished in high quality. Good luck, buddy!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
What I think of your hack:
Mapping:Okay, not bad, you can still improve that.
Story/Scripting: So far actually good. I´m not an experienced hacker and I didn´t finish the hack yet, but I really like some of your ideas.
Graphics: I HATE THE GRAS! Sorry, don´t wanna insult you, I just hate the gras you put there. Some may like, I don´t :D
Jessie & James looked not good enough yet, also why do they give you their Meowth actually?
What I liked are the sprites of Team Rocket. What you could add is "gender recognition": the policemen called my beautiful Rocket girl a man, not very nice :)
I´m not sure if you did that with purpose or not: First of all, why did you choose Grimer as a starter? I think you can find a better one maybe. Besides, as I said above? Are your Pokemon meant to be not that strong? Since you´re a grunt who just started?
Don´t wanna discourage you, I want to encourage you: There are already some nice ideas and I would love to play the hack when it´s finished in high quality. Good luck, buddy!

Hahaha, I'm sorry but the Grass is going to stay, it's the official one from HG/SS so I want to keep it to keep up the aesthetic. They give you their Meowth under Giovanni's orders.
I chose Grimer as a starter because it is a 2 stage Poison Type pokemon like Ekans and Koffing. I found that the difficulty level is just as difficult with Grimer in the medium stages, even though it provides a mild advantage when leaving the hideout. Additionally since it evolves at lvl 38, it is actually a risk to use it, as it will become very weak by the late stages.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I would like to point out that I am by no means a beginner mapper. I have been mapping for a long period of time. Additionally, I would like to point out that outside of flowers, these maps are the ones that Game Freak has made for Firered and Leafgreen, with slight alterations to make them appear as they do in Heartgold and Soulsilver, with a significant tileset change. Mt. Moon looks like that in both Firered and Heartgold. Also the grass is official Heartgold grass.

I realise that you are trying to help, and I understand some of your concerns, but considering the maps are based off of existing Kanto maps from Nintendo, it is not necessarily my fault that certain things can be considered plain.

Oh! Pardon my ignorance, kind sir. I didn't notice you were making a Johto based hack. That makes you not a bad mapper. So the mapping is based on the 2nd gen hack or the 4th gen one? 2nd gen games have rather bad mapping.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Oh! Pardon my ignorance, kind sir. I didn't notice you were making a Johto based hack. That makes you not a bad mapper. So the mapping is based on the 2nd gen hack or the 4th gen one? 2nd gen games have rather bad mapping.
He's been basing them off of HeartGold and SoulSilver's mapping.

MrDollSteak

Years

I've been doing it off of the Heartgold and Soulsiver maps. So far the maps that have appeared in the game are solely in Kanto. They use Kanto's base maps with the Heartgold tiles and slight alterations to landscaping to make them look more like the Heartgold Maps.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
why not remake the maps completely? It will definitely make the gameplay better.

MrDollSteak

Years
why not remake the maps completely? It will definitely make the gameplay better.

I've considered doing this for later releases, my main concerns are with map connections. Also the tilesets don't have enough rooms for all the new buildings, so I figured a hybrid map would be more practical, and somewhat more original.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
Huh, this actually looks good. I've played a few Team Rocket hacks and most of them kinda sucked, or didn't even really work...

Well here's hoping! Good luck my dear man!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
'Till now i've already caught up on 2 bugs.
1. When i was gonna fight Jessie and James my game would freeze if james sprite was messed up.
2. When i try healing my pokemon, my game crashes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Hey,
i am stuck at mt. moon right now. The message "You see a shimmer from the rockface. Better investigate." is keeping me in that small passage.I have no idea what to do.

EDIT : Apparently i am an idiot.I found Old Amber now.

I am really enjoying your hack so far. Keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
I very much enjoy this hack! It's one of my favorites so far and I've grinded through it though I'm not sure if it's where the beta ends for now or if it's a glitch, but once you collect the fossils for Mt.Moon, it says you, Jessie, and James return to TR Base in the helicopter, yet I get put into the house in the Mt.Moon Square and can't leave Mt.Moon.

MrDollSteak

Years
I very much enjoy this hack! It's one of my favorites so far and I've grinded through it though I'm not sure if it's where the beta ends for now or if it's a glitch, but once you collect the fossils for Mt.Moon, it says you, Jessie, and James return to TR Base in the helicopter, yet I get put into the house in the Mt.Moon Square and can't leave Mt.Moon.

That's just the end of the Beta. I warped you back to Mt. Moon so you can at least grind a little bit more.

Hey,
i am stuck at mt. moon right now. The message "You see a shimmer from the rockface. Better investigate." is keeping me in that small passage.I have no idea what to do.

EDIT : Apparently i am an idiot.I found Old Amber now.

I am really enjoying your hack so far. Keep it up!

Thanks!
I'm working on the third gym now, so far a few notable changes are battle backgrounds (with help from Tajaros) and Gen 4 and 5 moves. It might take a while for the next release as I'm creating custom animations for each move.

'Till now i've already caught up on 2 bugs.
1. When i was gonna fight Jessie and James my game would freeze if james sprite was messed up.
2. When i try healing my pokemon, my game crashes.

I have to say, I have never encountered either of these glitches. I know that James sprite messes up, that's a glitch i'm aware of, but it shouldn't freeze the game. As for the second glitch, I've downloaded the patch, and patched it myself, and played through and have not experience a glitch with any of the pokemon centres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
That's just the end of the Beta. I warped you back to Mt. Moon so you can at least grind a little bit more.

Alright, thank you for explaining to me~ I found a few small glitches(Well, two I can remember noticing) as well, to help you out!
-When standing infront of the pool of water at Mt. Moon Square, the reflection is choppy and yellow.
-When you have entered the house to steal the Secret Key, it glitches for a second, showing two figures; one at the table, another at the front door.
-When playing as a female, you are referred too and called male/he/etc.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I really suggest remapping. I don't know if you will, but if you don't it'll be boring since it will feel like revisiting kanto with better graphics.

MrDollSteak

Years
I really suggest remapping. I don't know if you will, but if you don't it'll be boring since it will feel like revisiting kanto with better graphics.

But you are revisiting Kanto with better graphics.

Alright, thank you for explaining to me~ I found a few small glitches(Well, two I can remember noticing) as well, to help you out!
-When standing infront of the pool of water at Mt. Moon Square, the reflection is choppy and yellow.
-When you have entered the house to steal the Secret Key, it glitches for a second, showing two figures; one at the table, another at the front door.
-When playing as a female, you are referred too and called male/he/etc.

The first glitch is directly related to the glitch that ruins Jessie/James' palette. I'm looking into it.
The second glitch I'm not entirely sure how to fix, as it's just a result of the level script not loading instantly
The third glitch i have fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2022
We already have a HG/SS to do that for us.

Well, yes, but you don't play as Team Rocket in HG/SS. And you don't get to steal Pokemon from little kids. And you actually have to trade to trade evolve Pokemon. And... well the list goes on, but I think you get my point. This hack is primarily a remake of Fire Red from a Team Rocket perspective, the improved graphics are just a bonus - And to this purpose, I think he is staying as true to the original games as he can, what with the mapping, etc. Even the missions follow the original story line. (stealing the TM lol)

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
I was playing the game and the badge system thing kinda bugged me, maybe they could be ranks or something...

Anyway, great job on the hack! I was kinda confused when the beta ended, and i wasn't really sure what happened. clarification of some kind would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back