• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2015
I need help with getting the map banks for the cave of origin on emerald to appear. When ever I try to enter the room is completely black and I can only move my character to look around. I want to use these unused maps for my hack so if anyone knows how to get this to appear normally it will really help me.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
UGH!!! I have searched high and low for this problem but I can't find it nor figuire it out, its driving me crazy!!!

I have inserted a Ash Intro sprite and Ash sprite for the trainer card...they insert fine but its the palttes. They seem to use the defaluts palettes that the sprites had before. For example I made Ash's bag green on the intro before I inserted it, it got inserted but the color was different. Being curious I opened in PS and used the color table to bring out Red's palettes and it turned out to look exactly the same as it did in game. I know it has something to do with the palettes here but I don't know what. Do I have to hex edit to add a new palette table so that the new colors I add show?

Someone please help.

Edit the palette first. Then make sure the new sprite colors match properly.

I need help with getting the map banks for the cave of origin on emerald to appear. When ever I try to enter the room is completely black and I can only move my character to look around. I want to use these unused maps for my hack so if anyone knows how to get this to appear normally it will really help me.

Have you tried looking at the level script?

Night-Shade

Working On Pokemon Night Shade
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2010
hey i'm hacking ruby on the title screen were it says ruby version how do you change to be something else

simonrule18

Iwant to create my own pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
can any give tutorials in how change pokemon font with "tile molester"

can any one give name of this font in pictures please

Last edited:

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Okay I have a question. I am remodeling the inside of the Pokémon Mansion with differetn tiles. But when I enter the mansion in VBA it is very dark. How could I make it so it looks like any other building's inside?

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
-Map Question-
23602266.png

This is what the top floor of what my house looks like...

79479159.png

This is the bottom. When I come down from the upstairs...

49622963.png

This happens. You can walk down right one tile, but you can only walk one. You can walk down, and but you cannot get back upstairs. Also...

96353172.png

This is what it looks like at the bottom of the screen. (Sorry for the blurry picture.) If you look at the map above, you can see that it looks just fine in the picture.

90430473.png

Check this out - the cop at the top of the screen is obviously standing there next to Nidoran. However, when you look in game...

87367032.png

He is, for reasons unknown, not next to Nidoran, and instead is standing the opposite direction facing inside the tree.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
-Map Question-
23602266.png

This is what the top floor of what my house looks like...

79479159.png

This is the bottom. When I come down from the upstairs...

49622963.png

This happens. You can walk down right one tile, but you can only walk one. You can walk down, and but you cannot get back upstairs. Also...

96353172.png

This is what it looks like at the bottom of the screen. (Sorry for the blurry picture.) If you look at the map above, you can see that it looks just fine in the picture.

90430473.png

Check this out - the cop at the top of the screen is obviously standing there next to Nidoran. However, when you look in game...

87367032.png

He is, for reasons unknown, not next to Nidoran, and instead is standing the opposite direction facing inside the tree.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

For the first problem: Move the warp right one tile, and it should work correctly.

2nd: Did you make this map as a new map in a new bank or existing one? That problem happened to me when I did that, but if not, try making a new tile via the block editor and replace those tiles. If its still not working, ask here again :/

3rd:Change his person event number,your problem happened to me a alot, and I just changed it to one another event isn't using and it worked.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
3rd:Change his person event number,your problem happened to me a alot, and I just changed it to one another event isn't using and it worked.

Changing the person event number won't fix it. The problem happens because the level script in that map moves that person. The solution would be removing the part of the script which is doing that. Tipically that happens when replacing Pallet Town or Viriadian City.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Changing the person event number won't fix it. The problem happens because the level script in that map moves that person. The solution would be removing the part of the script which is doing that. Tipically that happens when replacing Pallet Town or Viriadian City.

Oh, then that makes perfect sense why it kept happening to me :laugh:, but wouldn't changing the person event also fix it because, the script in viridian city moves person event number 4, so if you change it doesn't get moved. :P

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
The inside of the Pokémon Mansion gives the impression of being dark and eerie. Anyone know how to make it be normal, like in a house?

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Thanks so much! That would've bugged me....
Oh I also have another question. How do you change the picture of when you warp into the Pokémon Mansion to something different? Or just turn it off altogether?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Thanks so much! That would've bugged me....
Oh I also have another question. How do you change the picture of when you warp into the Pokémon Mansion to something different? Or just turn it off altogether?

Put the map in a bank other than 1, or you can change the show name on entering to something other than 007, but I'm not sure about that because I have never tried :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2010
I'm using Pokemon Ruby.
How do I go about changing what the professor says in the beginning?
I hope this doesn't sound like too much of a stupid question, I've been looking and I just can't seem to find out how.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back