• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Sawk] VS Throh

Throh or Sawk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I'm saying Sawk. It's blue, and fast. So my vote goes for Sawk!

Years
Definitely the Karate Pokemon Sawk for me, since I can relate to him rather well. Sturdy is also a fantastic ability for him to have albeit a frustrating one when used against me.

This is my post for the 5th December, Kaori.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I think Sawk is better for me, since it can sweep with Speed and Attack Power. Though, to be honest, I found Throh to be more life-saving for me, because I already have good Physical Sweepers. Throh was my Best ANTI-Darkrai Weapon :D !!! Toxic Orb+Protect= Poisoned (Sleep Wont affect me) + 50% Additional Power with Guts+Superpower > :)

It also took out an Arceus with one shot O_O

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I think Sawk is better for me, since it can sweep with Speed and Attack Power. Though, to be honest, I found Throh to be more life-saving for me, because I already have good Physical Sweepers. Throh was my Best ANTI-Darkrai Weapon :D !!! Toxic Orb+Protect= Poisoned (Sleep Wont affect me) + 50% Additional Power with Guts+Superpower > :)

It also took out an Arceus with one shot O_O
Probably would be better with a Flame Orb =D Badly poisoned is not good x.x but nice work nonetheless!

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years

Probably would be better with a Flame Orb =D Badly poisoned is not good x.x but nice work nonetheless!

True but....a burn would cut my Attack by 50 %!!!! Thus it can be useless. Paralysis will cause me a risk in loss of turn. I think Toxic will work best, afterall, I don't expect him to survive the whole battle ;)

flubbateios

Sawk, totally, it's low defense doesn't matter because of sturdy and then it can just sweep :)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
while i can't stand either of them imma say throh on this one cause he looks cute in that art.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I think they're both great in their own ways, but I found myself preferring Sawk. I guess Close Combat is better than Superpower in my opinion as well.

EDIT: And I prefer Conkeldurr as a Guts user to Throh.

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
I really don't like either...but if I had to choose, it would be Sawk. The coloration and all out attacker suits me more. Plus I like tall dudes more than chunky, short ones.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I don't know why but I appreciate these two Pokémons.
They're original and at the same time not original at all, I can't really explain why I think that...
However I also think they don't look like Pokémon, and I it's not good.
Well, between both of them, I would choose Sawk.
I don't especially prefer it to Throh, but it looks tougher. And also, I prefer blue than red, no matter if it's not a decent reason :P

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Prefer Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee & Hitmontop....I don't like these fellas but that's just me, to throw in my opinion quickly

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I like Sawk because of its design, cry and its Sturdy Ability. I also like Sawk because it was the first Pokemon I caught in the rustling grass.

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
Years
I think they're both great since I'm in my fighting type mood at the moment.

But so far I've only trained a Throh so I pick him.

Back