• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
But once again, how does the tail migrate to the head?

I'm leaning more towards a failed experiment like Mewtwo. Forme doesn't match the tail moving.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
But once again, how does the tail migrate to the head?
How do Pokémon like Magikarp and Feebas evolve into Gyarados and Milotic respectively? How does Dewott evolve into something like Samurott? Sometimes a Pokémon's evolution just doesn't make sense or GameFreak doesn't feel the need to follow logic. Things like this just happen, because it's what GameFreak wants to do.

If Newtwo is some sort of new form for Mewtwo, it wouldn't be out of this world to believe that its tail moved to its head. Stranger things have definitely happened. I don't think it's an evolution for Mewtwo though, and I hope GameFreak doesn't delve further into Pokémon fusion than they already have. If anything, it's either a new form or as yourself and others believe, a standalone Pokémon who's deemed as a failed experiment; I'm rooting for the latter.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Pokemon dosent always follow logic. Sky forme Shaymin looks vastly different than Land Shaymin, but is still the same Pokemon. I think it's still very likely that is is a new Mewtwo forme.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Keep in mind that we're getting a new movie trailer on the 18th that's supposed to shed some light on Newtwo. Given that, there probably won't be that much on it in Corocoro, which is officially released just a couple days before that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
How do Pokémon like Magikarp and Feebas evolve into Gyarados and Milotic respectively? How does Dewott evolve into something like Samurott? Sometimes a Pokémon's evolution just doesn't make sense or GameFreak doesn't feel the need to follow logic. Things like this just happen, because it's what GameFreak wants to do.

If Newtwo is some sort of new form for Mewtwo, it wouldn't be out of this world to believe that its tail moved to its head. Stranger things have definitely happened. I don't think it's an evolution for Mewtwo though, and I hope GameFreak doesn't delve further into Pokémon fusion than they already have. If anything, it's either a new form or as yourself and others believe, a standalone Pokémon who's deemed as a failed experiment; I'm rooting for the latter.

Pokemon dosent always follow logic. Sky forme Shaymin looks vastly different than Land Shaymin, but is still the same Pokemon. I think it's still very likely that is is a new Mewtwo forme.

Kinda going off both of these:

Spr_5b_386.png
Spr_5b_386A.png
Spr_5b_386D.png
Spr_5b_386S.png

Its the same Pokemon, but its body goes through very drastic changes. Skin added, reforms, removes, and thickens. Its head gets new, longer appendages in speed form, spikes in attack, and becomes a domed block in defense.

Migrating parts really that uncommon even with form changes.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I agree, I think Game Freak threw any similarity between evolutions out the window whe they made Remoraid and Octillery.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wouldn't evolutions that defy logic be a good thing? It's more creative than a full evolved form being just a bigger version of its basic/first stage evolution. *coughPoliwrathcough*

It's how I see starter evos becoming since Gen 3, and if any leaks of the Gen 5 starters' evo look like only bigger versions of their basic/first stage pop up on the internet, then I call it fake.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I agree, I think Game Freak threw any similarity between evolutions out the window whe they made Remoraid and Octillery.
Actually, I keep forgetting they're related. I think it was set up for an anime story, not so much for game purposes. And I have both in my Black PC because I forgot that relation. *d'oh*

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
Kinda going off both of these:

Spr_5b_386.png
Spr_5b_386A.png
Spr_5b_386D.png
Spr_5b_386S.png

Its the same Pokemon, but its body goes through very drastic changes. Skin added, reforms, removes, and thickens. Its head gets new, longer appendages in speed form, spikes in attack, and becomes a domed block in defense.

Migrating parts really that uncommon even with form changes.

When I was reading the official site, I saw how it said it has powerful eyes. At first I thought that was kind of pointless information, but then I saw the eyes were different than Mewtwo's. I checked all the other form changes just for fun, and no matter how much their bodies have changed, the eyes have always remained the same (excluding Shaymin, who develops whites around its irises, but still very recognizable as the same eyes). Coincidence, or maybe a hint from GF?

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I think is that new Pokemon can be not Mewtwo Form... But long waiting for fans MEWTHREE... Meybe they look similar. But it was idiotic idea to making a new Form for Pokemon from 1st gen in 6th generation. I think it was a Mewthree... And it take a new plot. Possible that Mewthree been weapon of Team Rocket in war with Team Plasma <Been two episodes do not aired about TR vs TP> Meybe this plot been in EXTREMESPEED GENESECT.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I honestly dont see how it can't be a Mewtwo forme and I say it has a good chance of being just that. Although I'd like to think that it's a new Pokemon,it does look quite similar to Mewtwo, though a bit weird on how it's tail is now on it's head, I'm sure there is an explanation.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years

First time I saw Remoraid, I thought it was cool Pokemon, would of had a bamf evolve form, like a Submarine Pokemon (Wailord does not count!). Cause it looked like a Torpedo for Mantine, until it evolved into a duck face octupus which was odd, and such a curve ball that hit me right in the face, in the tempo for an accurate spot. So I Game Freak doesn't do that again. Unless it compelled appropriate that Octillery to be its evolve from then I take it back.

Though Clamperl and its trade evolutions are borderline of the same subject, sort of, I think, ish.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
First time I saw Remoraid, I thought it was cool Pokemon, would of had a bamf evolve form, like a Submarine Pokemon (Wailord does not count!). Cause it looked like a Torpedo for Mantine, until it evolved into a duck face octupus which was odd, and such a curve ball that hit me right in the face, in the tempo for an accurate spot. So I Game Freak doesn't do that again. Unless it compelled appropriate that Octillery to be its evolve from then I take it back.

Though Clamperl and its trade evolutions are borderline of the same subject, sort of, I think, ish.
Yup, those are very drastic, and so is Surskit's evolution...evolving from a water spider to a moth/ damselfly thing. So generation III's defenetely got several of those cross (real life) species evolutions.

Perhaps the eyes mean that it's become more vicious? It could be a "Red eyes- take warning" thing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I noticed the eyes too, actually. And what comes to mind is... Mewthree, evil or not? :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I noticed the eyes too, actually. And what comes to mind is... Mewthree, evil or not? :(

No Pokemon is inherently evil. We have a few with Red eyes as well. The main site simply says his eyes show power which could be a hint that he's stronger than we may think. I don't think this new one will be evil.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I severely doubt that we'd be given an actually evil Pokémon. Just seems out of character for the games as a whole honestly.

Sirfetch’d

I agree, making the pokemon evil just seems a little out of character and I doubt it will ever happen. People will always use Pokemon for evil purposes, but I can't see them putting in a Pokemon that is evil itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back