• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

Conor slid the book which contained the information on Ralts over towards Iny and pulled the book Mike had given him closer.

"Okay let's see here Mike's Pokémon is a Wartortle, it seems to evolve from a Squirtle and evolve into a Blastoise. According to the book here it's a water type, it has a shell on its back, has sharp fangs protruding from its mouth and finally some sharp claws on the end of each arm". Conor continued to study Mike's Wartortle, reading up about its behavioural habits and where it can usually be found.

Once he had finally finished reading what he believed to be the necessary information that the teacher wanted, he got to work on writing it down. Conor started furiously taking notes on Mike's Wartortle and to Conor's surprise this was actually quite fun. Learning about Pokémon and their ability's, habitats and behaviour was much more enjoyable than the boring classes that his school ran back in his hometown.

After taking down the information from the book into a notepad he brought in his backpack. He placed the pen on the table and fixed his posture in the chair to indicate he was finished. He looked out the window and smiled. "When will class be over?" Conor thought to himself anxiously.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Something told Shawn that the only one ready for an encounter with Amy was...Amy. All of a sudden, his muscles started tightening up and his stomach started getting upset. He wanted to move, but he felt he couldn't. He was experiencing the classic Deerling-in-the-headlights situation.It didn't make it any easier to see a small group of people in the distance heading their way, led by a blonde female.

Shawn sighed and calmed himself down, "I'm ready, I guess." He turned to where Shiva was and bent down to pick her up. She was cold from the snow, but otherwise ok. He stood back up, kissed Kayla on the cheek, and waited for the group to find them.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy crept forward slowly, following behind Corphish as they progressed through the fog. Abruptly the sounds from up ahead stopped, causing both Sammy and Corphish to do the same. They listened carefully for anymore clues as to what they might expect.

"...Think they've gone?" Sammy asked.

A sound echoed out, repetitive but off beat, not quite in rhythm with itself. It sounded like rocks and metal being struck together. One, two... three... one, two... three... one, two... three... Sammy looked back at Mark quizically, wondering if he knew what was going on.

One, two - three - one, two - three! The sounds were coming closer together and seemed to be drawing nearer. Sammy looked down to Corphish, about to ask what he thought of the strange situation, when something came blazing out of the fog in front of them. Cream coloured, with flames whipping all around it, the creature charged directly for Sammy. Corphish cried out and let loose a stream of bubbles at the attacker, peppering it with exploding spheres of water. Sammy yelled and dived to one side, narrowly avoiding being run down.

It ran past past them awkwardly and whirled around, slamming it's hooves on the ground.

Clang - clang!

It was a Ponyta, glaring at Sammy, Corphish, Mark and Snype in equal measure. It didn't seem happy about the invasion in its territory, but must have just finished a battle with another wild pokemon. It's left hind leg seemed to have been injured, the Ponyta was holding it just off the ground. That explained the irregular sound, and why Sammy had managed to dodge the charge. If a healthy Ponyta had run towards her it would have hit her before she registered what was happening.

Picking herself off the ground Sammy stared right back at the Ponyta, while Corphish side-stepped directly between them, snapping his claws aggressively at the Ponyta. This wasn't what Sammy had been expecting, and she wasn't sure about the ethics of battling an already injured Pokemon in the wild, but it was a matter of self defense at this point. Ponyta seemed far more interested in her than Corphish. Good thing they'd had a class on this earlier that day...

Sammy adopted the stance she had taught Mark earlier, but without raising her arms. She danced from foot to foot, moving from left to right and swapping her dominant foot from left to right, twisting so that the same side of her body was never exposed for long.

"Come on then. Come on. Try again if you think you can get me."

The taunt seemed to anger the Ponyta as it slammed its hoof down again before launching into another headlong charge. It was using the injured leg sparingly, greatly reducing the Pokemons natural top speed. It veered around Corphish who launched another BubbleBeam, and headed directly for Sammy who continued to skip around - making sure to avoid drawing the Ponyta towards Mark. Ponyta skidded through the area Sammy had occupied just a second before, the heat from its mane flaring against her face, as it tried to quickly turn to catch her. With the injured leg it was struggling to make changes to the direction of its fast charge. Quickly backing up Sammy tried to create more distance.

"Watch my back Mark, I don't want anything sneaking up on me right now!" She laughed. She was actually enjoying this dance with death.​

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled. "Remember what I told you," she said. She whistled softly. "Prim! Come on!" Primrose pouted and climbed onto Kayla's shoulder. She sneezed and giggled. Kayla sighed and looked around. "Where's Shadow?" she asked. Primrose shrugged and squeaked softly. Kayla sighed and smiled when she saw Shadow floating along with Amy and the others. "At least he's not lost..." she muttered. Amy looked at her and waved. "Kayla!" she yelled. Kayla groaned softly and sighed. "Here she comes," she mumbled. She looked towards Amy and smiled weakly. She gasped when the woman and her group vanished and reappeared next to her and Shawn.

"Gotta love your dad's Pokemon," Amy said, pulling Kayla in for a hug. She looked at the Alakazam. "You can go now, Alpha," she added. The psychic Pokemon nodded and teleported away. Kayla looked over Amy's shoulder at Chase and Satoshi and pouted. "You really didn't have to come, Amy..." she muttered. Amy smiled. "What, and miss this? Your first boyfriend? No way!" She let go of Kayla and walked over to Shawn. "So this is the lucky guy, huh?" Amy asked. "He doesn't look interesting." Kayla sighed. "Shawn, this is Amy. Amy, this is my boyfriend..." Amy smiled.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ace Nakamura
Ace looked around the class in pure shock. How in the world did I end up there?, he asked himself. This was obviously not his class. He suddenly understood why he thought this was his class. He mistook the Practical Battling for Self Defense. He punched his head numerously wondering how he could have been such an idiot to make such a huge mistake. He quickly apologized to the teacher and left the class in a hurry. Now I have to hurry much more!

siiadams

Years

"Not interesting, huh?" Shawn said with a subtle chuckle in his voice, "What did you expect, someone with a birth defect or something?" He smiled as he said it, not caring if anyone else found it funny. "I'm Shawn, in case you missed it the first time. Pleasure to meet all three of you." He held out his right hand to shake hands with them, still cradling Shiva in his left arm. "This down here is Shiva," he gestured to his Shellder, who gave a playful tongue-wag as a greeting.

He looked to the other two guys with a smile before looking back at Amy. "So I imagine that you decided to come all this way for a reason. It couldn't be just to see me, obviously," he stated to her before moving over next to Kayla, being as calm as he could be. "Well, then, lets get right to it, shall we?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark stopped as he heard the sound coming closer to them. One-two...-three! It sounded like rocks and metal... it kept going faster and faster until suddenly, a Pokemon galloped out of the fog straight toward them! It was a Ponyta! A Pokemon Mark was actually a fan of himself... still, she had dibs in terms of captures. The Ponyta ran straight toward them. Mark dived out of the way and ended up falling down. He nearly got ran over. It looked pretty darn angry! Probobly because they were in its territory.

The Ponyta started to target Sammy which got Mark worried. Thankfully, she seemed to know what she was doing. She was in a fighting stance and dodging the Ponyta as if waving a red cape in front of a mad bull. Mark also could have sworn that she was enjoying this too!

"Your crazy Sammy!... But alright! You be careful!" Mark said. Snype was on standby to jump in whenever she needed help. The Corpish seemed to be doing the Job but Snype didn't want to overdo it and cause it to faint.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"You worry too much man, I've got this!" Sammy called out, placing herself a single step behind Corphish. If Ponyta wanted to charge her again the only way as to go straight though Corphish this time. Corphish was glaring at Ponyta, snapping his claws constantly.

"Bring it on, bring it ooonnnn, yah ain't so tough, not so tough I tells yah!"

Sammy pulled a pokeball from her bag and tapped the button once, enlarging it so it could be used for capture. There was a massive grin on her face as she held the pokeball ready, staring at the Ponyta as it prepared for another charge. The Ponyta was big enough that if it hit Corphish directly it would be able to plow straight through into Sammy, killing her instantly.

"Come on Ponyta. One more time." She teased, making a 'bring it' gesture with her free hand. Enraged the Ponyta charged once again, the flames along its back and tail flaring wildly. Sammy and Corphish stood their ground, unfliching, as the Ponyta quickly closed in on them. They gave no sign of preparing to dodge and if anything the grin on Sammy's face grew bigger.

"Protect!" She called out, Corphish summoning a glowing blue wall between himself and the Ponyta. The Ponyta crashed into the Protect head first, falling back on its behind with its head nodding back and forth, dazed from the force of the impact. Sammy laughed triumphantly and threw the pokeball over Corphish's head, catching Ponyta on the snout with it. The pokeball bounced away and opened in the air, transforming Ponyta into a mass of red light, sucking it inside and snapping closed. The pokeball dropped to the ground and began to wobble around violently. This wasn't the usual shake back and forth a few times, but a violent rolling and jumping around. Eventually...

Click.

...the pokeball stopped dead and gave the telltale sign of capture.

"Awesome!" Sammy cheered, dropping down to give Corphish a hug, who smirked smugly as if to say there was never any doubt. "You were awesome man! Totally fearless!" Laughing she stood back up and ran over to the pokeball, scooping it up and throwing it into the air, catching it as it came back down. "Guess I just got myself a Ponyta!"​

Megaman765

Years
Mark watched Sammy handle he Ponyta with ease. That was certaintly one way to wrangle them. Mark kept on worrying that she would get herself killed doing all of this but she was turning out fine thanks to Corphish. The flames on its mane seemed to grow stronger every time it missed Sammy. She got her Pokeball ready just as the Ponyta was about to make a harsh blow toward Sammy. Corpish used protect thankfully and prevented anything drastic to happen. From there, Sammy threw the Pokeball and captured it!

Mark ran over to Sammy and put an arm around her back. "Haha! Awesome! You did a great job capturing that Ponyta! You got yourself a heck of a fast Pokemon now... and possibly a ride through the Academy if you can train it for that kind of thing!" Mark said with a grin. They weren't done yet though... there was still more Volcano to explore... and more Pokemon to find!

"Lets move deeper... hehe. We oughta find something good the further we go." Mark said, trying to act a little fearless himself.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy glowed under the praise, maybe now Mark wouldn't see her as the loser-can't-get-her-own-Cubone-to-battle-girl but as the awesome-faced-down-the-charge-of-a-wild-Ponyta-and-lived-to-tell-about-it-girl, which was certainly a major improvement. She proudly clipped the Ponyta's pokeball to her belt.

"Thanks man. But yeah, let's see if we can catch a Pokemon for you now. Corphish didn't take any hits and I've still got Shuppet as well, so we're good to back you up. We'll watch your back this time, so you take the lead from here on."

She dusted herself off, having gotten quite dirty the first time the Ponyta charged her and she had to dive out of the way, and waited for Mark to lead on further into the volcano.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded. Sammy was sure getting the hang of being a Pokemon Trainer. She'd be great at catching all sorts of Wild Pokemon at this rate. Now it was Mark's turn... and he was going to top this capture somehow! Mark would make sure of it. He patted her back again and began to lead Sammy further through the mountains.

"Hehe... well if theres anything I'd like to catch, its going to have to be closer into the Volcano. Lets see what we got around here.." Mark said as he headed in further. The Volcano was getting really hot now... Mark rolled his short sleeves up a bit and wiped some sweat off his brow.

"Phew... lets see... " Mark muttered as he looked around. Suddenly he heard a few rocks moving about nearby... a Magby was peeking out at them. Now there was a Pokemon Mark could train... With the two trading into its territory, the Magby spat out a small fireball toward Mark. Snype thankfully intercepted the attack before it hit Mark but boy did he feel the heat.

"I know what I'm capturing today!" Mark said with a confident grin. Snype got himself ready for battle.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Amy smiled and patted Shawn on the shoulder. She walked over to Chase and Satoshi and nodded. Kayla pouted. "I'm not accepting his apology," she said stubbornly. "Why should I? He hates me. And I hate him." Satoshi walked up to Kayla and hugged her tightly, even lifting her off of the ground a few inches. "I'm sorry, Kayla," he whispered. "I don't hate you at all. I was just jealous. I'm so sorry..." Kayla shook her head. "Why would you be jealous of me? You're the older one. You were allowed out of the house. Mom and Dad kept me in the house all day, except for when they sent me off to school. You're the lucky one, idiot..." Satoshi hugged her even tighter and sighed. "Kayla, you're the one who was lucky. At least you weren't being pressured to be more like your little sister... Be better than her..." He sighed and set Kayla on her feet. "Please accept my apology, Kayla..."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy followed after Mark with Corphish at her side, keeping an eye out for any Pokemon. She couldn't stop thinking about her new Ponyta though, it was definitely a fighter. And that had been it with a bum leg, once she got it to a Pokemon Centre then she could start working with it and see what it was really made of. But first she had to return the favour to Mark and watch his back while he tried to catch something.

He spotted a wild Magby - now there was a Pokemon with serious firepower potential. After some training Mark would have a real powerhouse with that one.

"Go for it man," she encouraged him, making sure to keep her distance so that she and Corphish didn't get caught up in the battle. "Keep an eye out Corphish, we don't want anything sneaking up on Mark," she said, following her own advice.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark chuckled. Time to catch a fire Pokemon! Magby fired first so no shame in fighting! He got his Pokeball ready for when it was weak enough. "Alright Snype. Sucker Punch!" Mark said. Snype anticipated Magby's next move. As soon as the Magby was about to shoot another fireball, Snype jumped up to it and gave the little guy a good jab to the chest! A cheap shot but that was Sucker Punch's main thing!

The Magby started to get a little nervous from a heavy hit like that and backed up a little bit. Rather then fight, it started to get nervous about fighting Snype. It wasn't the powerhouse that Ponyta was... this would be really easy. However the Magby fired another Ember and quickly started to run away.

"Ah! After it!" Mark shouted as both him and Snype started to chase the Magby.

siiadams

Years

Shawn watched all this with an uncertain expression. He felt a little uncomfortable being involved in a family dispute. As Kayla and Satoshi talked everything out, Shawn and Shiva weren't sure what to think. Hopefully things would get settled between these two, but he knew how stubborn she was. She wouldn't forgive or forget easily. He wanted to say something, but hesitated because he didn't know how to phrase it. He silently stood by Kayla as he placed his hand on top of hers. He hoped this would give her a little encouragement.

Shiva, meanwhile, became bored with all this and hopped down from his arm to frolic in the snow more. She almost seemed to sing as she would jump up from the ground, only to be buried in more snow.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Alright, a chase scene! Sammy laughed and ran after Mark with Corphish scuttling quickly at her heels. Most of the time when a wild Pokemon ran away from you in a battle you'd have a hard time finding it again, but if they could keep close to Magby without losing sight of it Mark just might still be in with a chance.

"So my fast Ponyta fights, and your fiery Magby runs away! Nothings ever simple is it?" She called out, making sure not to let too much distance get between her and Mark. With visibility so poor if they got seperated there was no guarantee that they'd be able to find each other again.

After a lousy start, today really hasn't been so bad after all.

Megaman765

Years
The Magby tried to hide in a small cavern to catch its breath. Thankfully, Snype had the best eyes around! This thing wasn't going to be escaping anytime soon! Snype continued to chase it and play mind games. It'd have to give up eventually! But this Magby was really fast for a little guy!

"Maybe I can catch it while it's running..." Mark wondered. It probably wasn't weak but this running had to exhaust it that's for sure! Mark took a chance and tried to throw a Pokeball at the Magby. However the Pokemon was clever. It manged to step away from the thrown Pokeball and swipe it away before it hit the ground. It ended up rolling into a small puddle of lava. They were getting really deep now if there was Lava around the corner...

"Gah! Snype! Keep exhausting it!" Mark called out as they continued the chase.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy spared a glance for the slowly melting pokeball in the lava - the fact that they were in a volcano was slowly starting to sink in. They would probably have to start trying to find their way out after Mark caught Magby if they were going to have any hope of making it back to the Academy before night fall - especially with the snow falling outside.

"Come on Mark!" She yelled, keeping up with him without too much of an effort. "Don't let a Magby give you the run-around, it's a baby!"

She considered throwing a pokeball of her own, but that would probably be considered extremely bad form amongst Pokemon trainers. She would have been furious if Mark had done that to Ponyta - to her Ponyta. No, this Magby was Marks one way or the other. Maybe if she paid more attention she might learn something...​

Megaman765

Years
The chase continued on, Mark was really sweating now that the heat was getting more intense then anything he ever handled. He took a breather as Snype continued his chase. The heat was really getting to him. He reached into his bag and took a swig of water, wiping some sweat off. The Magby quickly took a sharp turn that nearly caught Snype off balance.

"We got to have him cornered by now! Keep going!" Mark shouted. He quickly ran to where the Magby turned and was greeted with an unpleasent surprise. Not only did he find Magby, but a very Angry Magmortar... from the looks of things, it was a female. And furious.

"ah..."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

The heat was becoming so intense within the volcano that Sammy could feel the air becoming more difficult to breathe. Her hair was lank and her clothes plastered to her with sweat. She followed Mark around the corner, hoping that he was right and this would be the end of their chase when...

...ah.

...A Magmortar. That was a little more than Sammy had bargained for when the day started. Any thought of letting Mark handle this alone left her head - they would have to work as a team to get out of this in one piece. Corphish would have a type advantage, but probably wasn't anwyhere near as strong. Shuppet would be obliterated, Cubone would be too scared to fight and Ponyta - aside from being brand new and untrained - was injured and exhausted.

"Fight or run Mark, pick one quickly," she panted, perfectly ready to do either. As much as she wanted the challenge of taking down a Magmortar deep down she knew her chances were slim here. With Marks stronger Pokemon they might stand a chance, but there was no way to be sure.​

Back