• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How are you dealing with spoilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
With all the new information out now, many who didn't want to be spoiled before are reading all about it and those who thought they would actually aren't.

How far are you going to avoid the spoilers? Do you intend to stay mostly spoiler-free? Did you think you'd be doing what you are now - either getting involved with all the spoilers or actually not? How do you feel about others who are giving out major game spoilers without actually saying it's a spoiler? Do things like that make you want to know more, and eventually, everything? Are the games enhanced knowing spoilers? Discuss.

DON'T MENTION SPOILERS HERE KTHX.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I've spoiled myself on almost all fronts but have managed to keep the juicy details spoiler free for me.
I proably will continue doing so until release.

Years
At this point I feel I am mostly spoiled. Will just bee keeping an eye on the Pokedex related things until release.

Best time for spoilers in my opinion are when the game would be in my hands so I can "Holy crap, it's true!" on my own.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Personally, I get information (or spoilers) about the game before I get it. Sometimes I will find my own secrets here and there but mostly I love spoilers! lol

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I love finding out spoilers but I think they might make the game boring for me....

The only spoiler I haven't liked so far was THE HORRIBLE PICTURE OF DREAM CRUSHINGNESS oh well I really didn't believe that anyway...Wooot if you know what I'm talking about...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I have to admit, when these games were first announced, due to my rage of them not being R/S remakes, I wanted nothing to do with them. Then, I saw one little clip from the trailers, and I was hooked. I actually sat and said, "I want to play these blind." Needless to say (due to me being on of the highest posters here) I am all about the spoilers. I like them, and any new information that comes out I want to know about it ASAP.

Years
I'm just not looking at any threads related to the plot in depth, its hard because **** like the champion's identity is everywhere, but I've been holding up the fort well.

Years
I'm managing quite well, I've read some spoilers here and there but it's not like I know every detail so far and I intend to keep it that way. I want to avoid most spoilers and I think I can do that.

Years
I gave up trying to avoid Pokemon spoilers long ago. Besides, it's not like the games have ever had some deep, complicated plot, so I'm not to worried about it anyway >_>

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I read through the Serebii walkthrough thing they have going up during the weekend. Apart from that, I haven't really bothered spoiling myself. I've actually forgotten some of what was put in the walkthrough, and more of it tends to leave my mind as the days go by. I imagine by the time the game's released in America, I'd have forgotten a good majority of it.

Years
I could care less about spoilers, really. Part of the fun is being around for the leaks and seeing all the new features & whatnot when they come out, instead of waiting 4 more months. :p

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I have disabled avatars and signatures on here. Yeah I'm that serious. Forum kinda looks better too haha. Unfortunately, I found out who the Champion is, shocker, but not the E4 which is good. I want to know the entire Pokedex to plan out my team, which I more or less have. Love the Pokemon options. The Champion thing still hurts... But I'm kinda over it. I want to know Shizui's town, and about Pokewood and the World Tournament, the latter I am now more informed about.

However, I want nothing to do with the storyline, completely ruins the game for me. The E4, as I said earlier, and Gym Leader's Pokemon levels. All of these I managed to avoid during BW and hope to do the same here, especially since the English game waiting period is shorter.

Also, I am avoiding all threads to do with said topics.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I intend to keep myself as unspoiled as possible.
The goal would be to have gone in completely blind, but I've already accidentally learned some pretty big things, so. Eh.

Since release I've tried to stay away from places where spoiler can occur.
SO WHAT AM I EVEN DOING IN THIS SECTION. OH GOD, THIS WAS A BAD IDEA.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
TIME TO REPLY TO MY OWN THREAD. Well I'm avoiding the major storyline things (yes I intentionally read about akuroma and champion) but not features but um except Hiroshi Sotomura spoiled something v deep and he actually should repay me thinking about it - but I forgive him so all is well. I'm pretty open with spoilers though lucky people don't discuss stuff I don't wanna know lmao.

droomph

weeb
Years
Spoiler:
:O

Eh...I would love to know, but just all the spoilers are strategically placed so that I think that this game is a tiny bit too big for a Pokémon game...

but all is well in the land of droomph because I don't really care as long as the game is good

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I can't help myself when it comes to spoilers, I just have to look at them all. ): It's annoying sometimes because for Black & White 1 I wanted to be surprised, but then I saw peoples signatures and avatars and just gave up. Maybe I'll have more luck in Gen VI ;(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'm actually expectant of spoilers nowadays tbh, gives me something to prepare for as far as battles go if anything and I could care less about the "plot" in-game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back